Inverness CT v Raith Rovers - Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup Final

Scary Bear

Play it as a season ending game if they can get fans in. Pay back fans already purchased tickets just now. Allow season ticket holders from both clubs in for free with a food voucher. The rest can pay as usual. This will give both clubs season ticket holders a little back for not being able to get into grounds as expected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With the 2019/20 final of the English equivalent of this competition taking place today (Salford now hold the trophy for only 24 hours...or less), any word on when this will finally be played?

10 hours ago, The Master said:

With the 2019/20 final of the English equivalent of this competition taking place today (Salford now hold the trophy for only 24 hours...or less), any word on when this will finally be played?

Apparently both clubs were keen to play this season but only when crowds were allowed in. 

My guess is it will never happen. 

My guess is it’ll get tagged on at the end of the season, or played at the beginning of next season. Seems kind of pointless with no crowd as let’s be honest the Challenge Cup Final is just a day out.
Play it at hampden under covid rules. 54k should be big enough to have a couple of thousand in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2021 at 13:59, RiG said:

Give it to both of us. Joint winners or something.

I like this idea. Being awarded trophies without all the stress of actually winning them is the future.

• 5 weeks later...

Well done joint winners, you get to share all the teacakes!

Tbh I'm sad, I wanted to see James Keatings, after Caley successfully appealed for him to be in the final, to score the winning goal for Raith.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Is this really a better solution than playing it as a pre-season game next year? I see Gardiner's comments about the squads having changed significantly, but you either have an outright winner or you void the competition.