Drag Queen Storytelling In Primary School

Blaze

14 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Actually this was a bone of contention I had with the head, she was getting the church in to do various stuff.

I pointed out it was a non denominational school and it should be either no religion or representatives from a wide range. And not presented as choir without making it clear who was actually running it.

What you sayis not new.

When I went to Ferguslie Primary (this school's predecessor), the Minister from the local CoS in King St used to come every Friday and give assemblies all morning to the various age groups. We never received any comaparble religious instruction. 

35 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You realise they weren't introduced as "Flowjob" to the children?

Now that you know that what's the real issue?

You could introduce anyone to a group of children with what ever name/back story you like and the children won’t look into it, it doesn’t make flowjob any less of an inappropriate guest at a primary school. 

Your chat about how they aren’t telling the kids to give them a like on Twitter/Instagram so it’s no ones business is way off the mark also. Flowjob choses to present themselves in that matter for all to see on social media which is his/her choice but it then eliminates them from certain positions and situations including working/being invited to a primary school, running a boys football team or being taken seriously as a shinty player. There is no discrimination here because this person is LGBT. Frankie Boyle himself made a joke about how they never invited him to the royal variety show that year after he cracked a joke about the Queens arse hole being like a broken cat flap after all of these years being married to a Greek. He was aware that if you act a certain way then you can make yourself an inappropriate guest at certain locations and the flowjob situation is really no different. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What you sayis not new.

When I went to Ferguslie Primary (this school's predecessor), the Minister from the local CoS in King St used to come every Friday and give assemblies all morning to the various age groups. We never received any comaparble religious instruction. 

Yeah I know, same in a lot of schools. Frankly I’d take all religious practice out of schools.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

You could introduce anyone to a group of children with what ever name/back story you like and the children won’t look into it, it doesn’t make flowjob any less of an inappropriate guest at a primary school. 

Your chat about how they aren’t telling the kids to give them a like on Twitter/Instagram so it’s no ones business is way off the mark also. Flowjob choses to present themselves in that matter for all to see on social media which is his/her choice but it then eliminates them from certain positions and situations including working/being invited to a primary school, running a boys football team or being taken seriously as a shinty player. There is no discrimination here because this person is LGBT. Frankie Boyle himself made a joke about how they never invited him to the royal variety show that year after he cracked a joke about the Queens arse hole being like a broken cat flap after all of these years being married to a Greek. He was aware that if you act a certain way then you can make yourself an inappropriate guest at certain locations and the flowjob situation is really no different. 

Weird

I thought we lived in a liberal democracy where how you conducted your private life as long as it wasn't immoral or illegal didn't have an impact on your professional life. Musta missed the memo we'd changed that. Better stop posting Leftover Crack songs on ma Facebook.

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just so I've not missed anything out: no one seems to have a problem with a drag queen reading stories because no one is homophobic or transphobic. It's because drag queens are for adults (despite all the comedy drag acts kids see constantly) and because they have questionable content on their social media (which primary age kids aren't allowed to have or view and would not have been told about in any case).

Does seem like a fair bit of twisting and turning to get to the actual problems: all of which are hypothetical and haven't been an issue at the hundreds of others drag queen story time events held all over the world. 

Who are these drag acts that kids see constantly?

You seem desperate to make this a homophobic issue when it is clearly parents who don't want their primary school kids exposed to sexual content of any orientation. 

14 hours ago, RH33 said:

Actually this was a bone of contention I had with the head, she was getting the church in to do various stuff.

I pointed out it was a non denominational school and it should be either no religion or representatives from a wide range. And not presented as choir without making it clear who was actually running it.

Fairly sure that under the terms of whatever the relevant act of law was regarding education in Scotland around the turn of the 20th century, non denominational actually referred to the school not belonging to a specific strand/sect of protestantism, rather than not being tied to a particular religion at all. It was never intended as meaning the school was secular, even if that is how many wrongly interpret it now.

Edited by Ross.

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Who are these drag acts that kids see constantly?

You seem desperate to make this a homophobic issue when it is clearly parents who don't want their primary school kids exposed to sexual content of any orientation. 

Pantomine is the obvious one but there's constant cross dressing in all forms of kids TV. Bugs Bunny was never out of women's clothing.

And when and where were the school kids exposed to sexual content? It didn't happen.

47 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The head teacher was probably  correct in what she was doing then.

If you think education shouldn’t evolve with society but yes by letter of the law probably.

Anyway, I removed my children and to a school with an ethos and environment much more constructive to a happy education.

3 minutes ago, RH33 said:

If you think education shouldn’t evolve with society but yes by letter of the law probably.

Anyway, I removed my children and to a school with an ethos and environment much more constructive to a happy education.

I'm entirely supportive of fully secular schooling being the default on offer. If people want to send their kids to be taught by a specific religion they should have that choice but it shouldn't be funded by the state. That is irrelevant to the point though. As far as Scottish schools go, non denominational schooling is protestant schooling.

13 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Weird

I thought we lived in a liberal democracy where how you conducted your private life as long as it wasn't immoral or illegal didn't have an impact on your professional life. Musta missed the memo we'd changed that. Better stop posting Leftover Crack songs on ma Facebook.

You thought wrong i'm afraid. 

I agree that's how it should be. 

But

In reality many employers, particularly in the public sector and in regulated professions impose requirements on behaviour outside work. 

I was involved in a civil service union and have assisted people on disciplinary stuff unrelated to work where our legal folk said it was a fair cop. This included a manager about my age being pulled up for regularly calling third parties c***s on facebook. 

18 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I don’t think that anyone has said your view is nonsensical if you don’t have kids. 

But what I would say is your perspective may well change slightly (or maybe slightly more) once you do. 

His finances certainly will.