Drag Queen Storytelling In Primary School

Blaze

Just now, ICTChris said:

You are just used to Swiss prices. They probably give discounts if you use stolen Nazi gold, you money grubbing, amoral, Toblerone shagging c**t.

I resent that comment. I did not shag a Toblerone. I made love to it.

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

My post was in response to the nonsensical view that one must have children to comment on an issue like this.

I don’t think that anyone has said your view is nonsensical if you don’t have kids. 

But what I would say is your perspective may well change slightly (or maybe slightly more) once you do. 

12 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I don’t think that anyone has said your view is nonsensical if you don’t have kids. 

But what I would say is your perspective may well change slightly (or maybe slightly more) once you do. 

Cant find JTS98's post to quote that was quoted in this post.  I never said "one must have children to comment on an issue like this."

I wondered how many people on this thread are going nuts over an issue like this have a direct interest in it.

Please dont make up things you've thought I said, thank you.

Just so I've not missed anything out: no one seems to have a problem with a drag queen reading stories because no one is homophobic or transphobic. It's because drag queens are for adults (despite all the comedy drag acts kids see constantly) and because they have questionable content on their social media (which primary age kids aren't allowed to have or view and would not have been told about in any case).

Does seem like a fair bit of twisting and turning to get to the actual problems: all of which are hypothetical and haven't been an issue at the hundreds of others drag queen story time events held all over the world. 

Just so I've not missed anything out: no one seems to have a problem with a drag queen reading stories because no one is homophobic or transphobic. It's because drag queens are for adults (despite all the comedy drag acts kids see constantly) and because they have questionable content on their social media (which primary age kids aren't allowed to have or view and would not have been told about in any case).

Does seem like a fair bit of twisting and turning to get to the actual problems: all of which are hypothetical and haven't been an issue at the hundreds of others drag queen story time events held all over the world. 
Think the education secretary has now probably covered it. Although undoubtedly there will also be some, perhaps even lots who are trans or homophobic into the bargain.

The main issue is the person put a photo of the kids, who were identifiable on his insta along side sexual content. He did not have consent to do this. 

There’s other issues in regards to his public social media presence and the lack checking by the head.

Edited by RH33

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
If that is the issue then no one has an issue with drag queens in schools at all then?

NOT ONE CALLED FLOWJOB!

You realise they weren't introduced as "Flowjob" to the children?

Now that you know that what's the real issue?

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If that is the issue then no one has an issue with drag queens in schools at all then?

I’ve updated my post a bit. But this is always going to be down to personal beliefs. I’d have thought parental consent would’ve been a sensible step. 

Personally I think there are many many more suitable people from the lgbt community go talk to kids. 
I’m not sure how close drag queens align self to the lgbt community. A transitioning person would’ve probably been a better choice.

My kids are lgbt educated and don’t blink twice at same sex couples as they know several. But not all parents will be tolerant and non bigoted so it’s important within education these topics are covered without predjice.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

:thumbsdown

It's a non denominational school/

Actually this was a bone of contention I had with the head, she was getting the church in to do various stuff.

I pointed out it was a non denominational school and it should be either no religion or representatives from a wide range. And not presented as choir without making it clear who was actually running it.

Edited by RH33