Drag Queen Storytelling In Primary School

Blaze

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently parents of the kids involved were concerned that photographs of the event, featuring the children were posted on a social media account featuring sexual content. This was done without parental consent.

Ahh..... More information. 

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Wow.

My impression of what was said is that a drag act more often than not has an overtly sexual element to it, panto dames don't. Ergo, there's a difference.

No comment was made on lifestyles.

Correct. Go back to the bit where I said Marshmallo would deliberately misquote me and treat the rest of his posts with that knowledge. He is desperate for me to be prejudiced for some reason. I am not though. And cant be shown to be. 

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The giveaway word was "assumptions". Give it up pal, seriously.

Yeah that's exactly what I've been saying - made "assumptions" about a group of people's "lifestyle"

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Quote the whole post then, and in that context, point out where I am prejudiced against anyone. 

If you make an assumption about someone lifestyle based on one characteristic or activity they partake in then I don't really know what else I need to tell you. I didn't doctor anything you've said.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Yeah that's exactly what I've been saying - made "assumptions" about a group of people's "lifestyle"

If you make an assumption about someone lifestyle based on one characteristic or activity they partake in then I don't really know what else I need to tell you. I didn't doctor anything you've said.

Everyone makes assumptions.  Acting on them one way or another is where prejudice can be shown. Show me again where I demonstrate prejudice. 

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Looks like Bairnado was right to assume that you would rattle on like this.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Everyone makes assumptions.  Acting on them one way or another is where prejudice can be shown. Show me again where I demonstrate prejudice. 

prejudice
/ˈprɛdʒʊdɪs/
noun

1. 1.
    preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is, as predicted, utterly desperate stuff from Marshy. If anyone else wants to take on the Bairnardo is prejudiced argument then bash on. I am going back to ignoring this tragic wee VL

I've quoted your posts verbatim and then copy/pasted a dictionary definition of a word :lol:

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Marshmallo is the new xbl. Looking forward to his Vectron phase.

In this thread I've been called "tragic", "desperate", a "VL" and a "c**t", but you have cut me the deepest with that comparison.

Some people think you can only be a racist if you explicitly say the N word or you can only be creating an anti-LGBTQ+ atmosphere if you call someone a poof. Judgements and generalisations are biases.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

In this thread I've been called "tragic", "desperate", a "VL" and a "c**t", but you have cut me the deepest with that comparison.

Some people think you can only be a racist if you explicitly say the N word or you can only be creating an anti-LGBTQ+ atmosphere if you call someone a poof. Judgements and generalisations are biases.

Sweeping statement.

Change your username to the Gray Ghost and accept it. You are Xbl now.

I don’t like the way being non-judgemental is held up as a virtue, I don’t think it is. I certainly judge people for their behaviour, what they say, what they do.

I agree that racism and homophobia doesn’t have to be nakedly abusing people or wanting people to be discriminated against for their race or sexuality. I also don’t think that all the concerns raised in this case as necessarily homophobia. I’m sure some of the noise on Twitter and elsewhere is homophobic.

A Drag queen is an adult entertainment act who doesn't have to be LGBT.
I don't see why they would pick a guy that could be a straight male, but just has a stage act (for adults), to read to kids on LGBT history?

Sammy Duddy, a former loyalist terrorist and UDA commander, had a drag act called Samantha, the Dolly Parton of Belfast. He even performed it for fellow prisoners in the Maze when incarcerated.

Sadly he had to give it up and then his pet chihuahua Pepsi was killed in a drive by shooting related to a loyalist feud. Sammy then died of a massive heart attack.