FESTIVALS 2020!

Ira Gaines

Ive got 2000 Trees booked for I (I think) the sixth year in a row for me. Line-up isn't very inspiring yet, especially to merit the price hike but Spanish Love Songs essentially self-confirmed and I reckon The Menzingers and Pup will be in the mix as well.

Also looking to attend the Friday at Leeds and deliberating between Slam Dunk Leeds and Big Weekend depending on how the line-ups and day splits shape up for BW. Waiting to see who's going to be announced for APE as well.

Haven't decided on the later summer stuff yet (EotR usually a must), but going to get to Doune and also Bluedot in Cheshire for the Bjork exclusive in July. Wide Awake in London in June is an amazing lineup for the price also so hoping I can make that work too. 

• 2 weeks later...
Were you booked up to go again?

Yup. Badges can be held over for any of the next three years, and BA will holdover my flights (on the Austin express from Heathrow). So I’m not out of pocket other than losing hotel points.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Yup. Badges can be held over for any of the next three years, and BA will holdover my flights (on the Austin express from Heathrow). So I’m not out of pocket other than losing hotel points.

Surprised by BA doing that, they've been c***s in my experience. So you can use the flights next year if it's on but you can't just cancel them?

Surprised by BA doing that, they've been c***s in my experience. So you can use the flights next year if it's on but you can't just cancel them?

They’re being pretty reasonable about it to that end.

I actually looked at cancelling, and you are right, they keep about 75% of the fee because I booked it on offer.

Guest Moomintroll
Added Creamfields to my summer to give my big sis a proper good 40th birthday. Not my thing, but it looks great.
Have done deliveries to the site, it is a cracking set up & the guys who run it are sound af as well, gave me a standing ovation when I turned up wth a tea urn last year.

Absolutely. Let's face it. If we get on top of this by June/July the last thing we need is thousands of people gathered in a field in unsanitary conditions. It'll just cause the virus to flare up again imo

And indeed there’s Glasto off. I’d predict absolutely all summer festivals will be off.

Given how putrid some of these festivals are, they all should absolutely be cancelled. I didn't have anything booked this year, but I was giving serious consideration to Kendall Calling.