Dumbarton vs. Raith Rovers

First trip to Dumbarton since a 3-0 win under Antonio Calderon. Unfortunately, only made 5 away league games this season but making the effort this week for what is a huge game. Hopefully a good travelling support through. 1st game against East Fife aside, the team has responded well when there has been good numbers and noise from the away end this season.

Absolutely must win game heading into Tuesday but well aware how tough it will be. Surprised to see Dumbarton have the second worst defensive record in the league, they were very solid against us a Starks. Alongside Airdrie they are the only team we have not scored 2 or more goals in a single game against. Kyle Hutton was impressive in the game at Starks but notice he has been missing recently, is he still ruled out for Saturday?

Would like to see Armstrong, Miller and Spencer come in for Bowie, McKay and Tait but I suspect McKay will keep his place which is fair enough. Possibility McGlynn will bring Dingwall in for Baird too given his performance off the bench on Saturday but I’d keep Baird in.

Where’s the best place to park near the stadium? 

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

First trip to Dumbarton since a 3-0 win under Antonio Calderon. Unfortunately, only made 5 away league games this season but making the effort this week for what is a huge game. Hopefully a good travelling support through. 1st game against East Fife aside, the team has responded well when there has been good numbers and noise from the away end this season.

Absolutely must win game heading into Tuesday but well aware how tough it will be. Surprised to see Dumbarton have the second worst defensive record in the league, they were very solid against us a Starks. Alongside Airdrie they are the only team we have not scored 2 or more goals in a single game against. Kyle Hutton was impressive in the game at Starks but notice he has been missing recently, is he still ruled out for Saturday?

Would like to see Armstrong, Miller and Spencer come in for Bowie, McKay and Tait but I suspect McKay will keep his place which is fair enough. Possibility McGlynn will bring Dingwall in for Baird too given his performance off the bench on Saturday but I’d keep Baird in.

Kyle Hutton is still injured for us unfortunately, we've missed him, one of our better players this season.

You can park at the stadium, think it's £3 & you get a prize draw ticket. Or just take a chance parking in the surrounding streets, busy though.

Has the feeling of a must win. 

Agreed. Seems to be an understated build-up here but a draw or defeat could drastically alter the optics on Tuesday’s game, with a draw suddenly being a great result for Falkirk.

We haven’t been great against Dumbarton, even on the opening day when they looked like possibly the worst side I’ve seen in this league since relegation we barely scraped a 1-0 win. Time for that to change, we’re in good form and have a fit squad so no reason not to hope for the best.

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

Agreed. Seems to be an understated build-up here but a draw or defeat could drastically alter the optics on Tuesday’s game, with a draw suddenly being a great result for Falkirk.

We haven’t been great against Dumbarton, even on the opening day when they looked like possibly the worst side I’ve seen in this league since relegation we barely scraped a 1-0 win. Time for that to change, we’re in good form and have a fit squad so no reason not to hope for the best.

Agreed, this double header has me shitting bricks. We could be anything from 7 ahead to 5 behind by the end of Tuesday night.

Parking at the ground, you’ll pay like £2/3 to the steward guy. It’s ideal. Even on the way out when I’ve driven in the past, doesn’t take too long either. Since you’ve last been they’ve essentially built a housing estate round about it, so it may not come too recognisable.

As mentioned, this is 100% a must win game. Absolutely shiting it, considering the massive factor of Tuesday’s game. I hope the players truly are fully focused on 1 game at the time.

Dinny f**k it Rovers!

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

I see we are only opening turnstiles at one end of the ground. Are Raith likely to bring a decent support? If so there could be a fair sized queue to get in.

This is in my view an extremely stupid decision, and one which will likely cause problems.  Any aggrieved supporters of both teams would do well to contact the Board of Directors at DFC directly as it is their responsibility.

Opening day ended up with quite the queue to get in with this one turnstile area nonsense.  Missed about five minutes of the game.

Sure I could have drank my pint in the bowling club a bit faster and arrived earlier, but whit a scorching beautiful day that was!

Surprised that we're only opening one set of turnstiles. The idea was to allow away fans to use the community suite before the game. Exceptions were going to be Airdrie and Falkirk. I thought Raith were another exception due to expected travelling fan numbers?

Would recommend getting to the ground in plenty of time if its only the home turnstiles open.

Surprised that we're only opening one set of turnstiles. The idea was to allow away fans to use the community suite before the game. Exceptions were going to be Airdrie and Falkirk. I thought Raith were another exception due to expected travelling fan numbers?
Would recommend getting to the ground in plenty of time if its only the home turnstiles open.

I don't like Dumbarton FC's "only opening one turnstile" policy, but I do like their "only excluding the bad eggs" policy.

2 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I’m not a twitter user, but any that are, fancy giving Dumbarton a tweet and politely asking them to sort it the f**k out so I, and all you other fine ladies and gentlemen, can have their 2:55 pint in the bowling club and still make kick off! 

If you can use the home turnstiles then why not buy a pint inside the ground at the community suite?

I can’t make it tomorrow due to other commitments. But I had completely forgotten about that farce with the 1 turnstile at the start of the season. Do Dumbarton do that to every club, just because there’s only like 50-100 away fans? Surely when you take 100+ it’s time for the turnstiles at the other end to be open, they were always open when we were both in the Championship? I’d imagine Falkirk probably took a decent away crowd also, was that game down to 1 turnstile also?