Dumbarton vs. Raith Rovers

3 minutes ago, Typicalrovers said:

The rage I felt when the Dumbarton boys were rolling aboot on the pitch in front of us after they scored. Fitbaws great.

Was PJ Crossan taking some stick? His first reaction is to turn to the Rovers fans so I'm curious if he was getting abuse or just fancied getting it round you guys. 

Disagree. I seen McGlynns changes as very basic management. Because players came on and made a difference in 25 mins of one game should not book them a place in the next team selection. 
dropping Mclean for Dingwall is an absolute farce given Dingwall has given the team about 20 minutes of decent football, and is an absolute passenger/theft of a wage the rest of the time, and Mclean would have been the only attacker to provide a decent outlet in conditions such as today. Even Bowie for Armstrong is a bit dodgy, Armstrong hasn’t shown much since he came back and Bowie would have been more of a threat getting behind the defence. Players may not have turned up, but mcglynns selection, particularly leaving out Mclean, has to take a good chunk of the blame for the result. 

MacLean is 37 years old and we play our title rivals on Tuesday night. That is quite obviously the reason he was left out, 90 mins on a heavy pitch like that wouldn’t leave him in good condition for Tuesday.

Armstrong won us the game last week, and Bowie did absolutely nothing. A perfectly reasonable swap, even if as it turns out it didn’t work.

Calm down.

13 hours ago, grumswall said:
13 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:
McGlynn more or less blaming weather for our defeat.F**k off John,its the same for both teams and Dumbarton managed to find a way to win the game.When the going gets tough we,re found wanting at times.Too many players not willing to roll their sleeves up

Manager in not chucking his team under the bus ahead of a game against promotion rivals shocker...

Not expecting him to throw the team under the bus,just a bit honesty,dare I say the Gerrard way

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

MacLean is 37 years old and we play our title rivals on Tuesday night. That is quite obviously the reason he was left out, 90 mins on a heavy pitch like that wouldn’t leave him in good condition for Tuesday.

Armstrong won us the game last week, and Bowie did absolutely nothing. A perfectly reasonable swap, even if as it turns out it didn’t work.

Calm down.

Ageism alert

There are many players in the mature bracket that put younger  players to shame fitness wise

Did McLean not come on as a sub?.Maybe he,d been better starting then take him off at half time or after 60 mins and he,d have a longer rest before Falkirk game

The rage I felt when the Dumbarton boys were rolling aboot on the pitch in front of us after they scored. Fitbaws great.
All credit to yourself - that's the key difference between football fans and almost every other sport. If you've never felt like knocking some opposition c**** melt in then fitba's not for you.

Was PJ Crossan taking some stick? His first reaction is to turn to the Rovers fans so I'm curious if he was getting abuse or just fancied getting it round you guys. 

He was taking some abuse for being a wee bit on the porky side. Which is a bit rich coming from some of our fans.

Did McLean not come on as a sub?.Maybe he,d been better starting then take him off at half time or after 60 mins and he,d have a longer rest before Falkirk game

I'm presuming the idea was for him not to come on at all.

5 hours ago, Paco said:

Calm down.

Calm down 😂😂😂  didn’t realise if you didn’t agree with someone that means you’re raging and need to calm down 🤔

bringing in Dingwall is a poor decision. Anderson would have been a better choice for me. Armstrong was a fine decision, but I think Bowie would have been a better choice. 

Edited by Holy Marv

bringing in Dingwall is a poor decision. Anderson would have been a better choice for me. Armstrong was a fine decision, but I think Bowie would have been a better choice. 

It’s easy enough to say stuff like this after the defeat now but starting Anderson out of the blue would have been a bold decision as he’s been an unused sub for weeks.

Also Dingwall had a fantastic impact last week off the bench so quite clearly was the better decision out of the 2 before the game.

Armstrong or Bowie!? Again Bowie has been very poor for weeks whereas Armstrong singlehandly won the game off the bench last week with his performance so again no problem with him starting ahead of Bowie on Saturday there.

What I find refreshing about JMcG’s team decisions is that, unlike a number of other gaffers, you can generally make out the reasoning behind personnel decisions. The results may not follow as expected, but there seems to be a solid reason behind his moves, where some coaches seem to consult either sheep entails or a dartboard to name a starting team. It’s not perfect, because feelings and instincts play now and then, but it has gotten us to a pretty nice spot after 27 games, regardless of tonight’s result.