Dumbarton vs. Raith Rovers

Just now, Silverton End said:

Probably because Rovers are having a decent season, top of the League, it always attracts a few minters. We even had a few young wahoos a season or 2 back, play-offs, Challenge Cup Final etc.

Your Challenge Cup Final will also be like a magnet for them

Unfortunately our playing staff have a record of being arrested in Perth.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Wee bit annoyed at some of the Rovers supporters today. Walking back to the station and they’re kicking cars, then knocking off a Dumbarton fan’s hat at the station. All very unnecessary and quite embarrassing.

Sorry to hear that.

Raith fans have always been good crack at any Mo games, I can understand them being pissed off, but every team has last a goal in the last minute, and turning into a c@nt doesn’t bring home any points.

McGlynn more or less blaming weather for our defeat.F**k off John,its the same for both teams and Dumbarton managed to find a way to win the game.When the going gets tough we,re found wanting at times.Too many players not willing to roll their sleeves up
Manager in not chucking his team under the bus ahead of a game against promotion rivals shocker...

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Scenes.

IMG_20200229_205351.jpg

Carsy has had a difficult season. He deserved to enjoy every moment after fizzing that ball into the back of the net. Hopefully it’s a turning point for him and he gets back to his best.

Edited by GordyBrow

Dumbarton well worth their win based on the second half. Was a terrible game of football in awful conditions. Pitch was very bobbly (well done for even getting it on given the pictures this morning!) and was holding up with the rain and the wind made it very difficult. Similar to Stranraer, conditions like that make it a leveller. However, we are playing in League One in Scotland in February you would expect those conditions more often than not and you just need to get on with it and grind out a result. 

Dumbarton adjusted to the conditions far better and played the percentages. I completely understand the team McGlynn played (minus Baird for MacLean). It was the correct team based on last week. However, it was the wrong team for the conditions. I thought he made the right subs bringing on Anderson, MacLean and Bowie who all have a bit of a presence but they all toiled to make any impact.

If you had told me at 3pm we’d still be 1 point clear of Falkirk going into Tuesday’s game I’d have bitten your hand off for it but obviously given the circumstances it is disappointing. I think we need to win on Tuesday now having wasted a couple of opportunities to open up a gap in recent weeks. As @Broken Algorithms said it will be interesting to see what psychological effect today has on the players. Tuesday’s game coming so soon and being so big may be the perfect way to get it out their system.

Finally, after years of this fixture being a guaranteed goal fest this season has been a bit of let down!

Edited by R.R.FC

3 hours ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Any idea who these fuds are? Turned up with fake Stone Island gear, no interest in the match then tried to get on the pitch at half-time to show off their embarrassing flag.

IMG_4697.jpg

Tried? Looks like they succeeded. 

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I completely understand the team McGlynn played (minus Baird for MacLean). It was the correct team based on last week.

Disagree. I seen McGlynns changes as very basic management. Because players came on and made a difference in 25 mins of one game should not book them a place in the next team selection. 
dropping Mclean for Dingwall is an absolute farce given Dingwall has given the team about 20 minutes of decent football, and is an absolute passenger/theft of a wage the rest of the time, and Mclean would have been the only attacker to provide a decent outlet in conditions such as today. Even Bowie for Armstrong is a bit dodgy, Armstrong hasn’t shown much since he came back and Bowie would have been more of a threat getting behind the defence. Players may not have turned up, but mcglynns selection, particularly leaving out Mclean, has to take a good chunk of the blame for the result. 

Dumbarton have conceded 42 league goals and we've managed to score one against them  in 270 minutes.

We have lost 4 games all season and 3 are to Clyde.