Dumbarton vs. Raith Rovers

Bad choices from McGlynn today. Used Baird in the first half, when we could've been shelling it up to MacLean in the wind, and put MacLean on second half to run the channels in search of balls knocked out wide.

I'd argue that Armstrong was the right choice, after his performance last week, but he got nothing from Quitongo. Dingwall getting as much time as he did was criminal. Did nothing. The wingers should've been swapped a couple of times to try and make something happen.

Bowie did better with his first two touches, on an unfamiliar left wing, than Dingwall managed all afternoon.

Matthews had a really poor game too. No howlers, but his first touch and his passing never clicked.

We all know Connor Brennan can't make saves, but he won't get many easier afternoons. After the 15th minute, I don't think we created a chance that wasn't flagged offside.

In that second half, Dumbarton must've had six or seven corners, all stuck right on top of Robbie Thomson, including the goal. We did nothing similar in the first half.

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Bad choices from McGlynn today. Used Baird in the first half, when we could've been shelling it up to MacLean in the wind, and put MacLean on second half to run the channels in search of balls knocked out wide.

I'd argue that Armstrong was the right choice, after his performance last week, but he got nothing from Quitongo. Dingwall getting as much time as he did was criminal. Did nothing. The wingers should've been swapped a couple of times to try and make something happen.

Bowie did better with his first two touches, on an unfamiliar left wing, than Dingwall managed all afternoon.

Matthews had a really poor game too. No howlers, but his first touch and his passing never clicked.

We all know Connor Brennan can't make saves, but he won't get many easier afternoons. After the 15th minute, I don't think we created a chance that wasn't flagged offside.

In that second half, Dumbarton must've had six or seven corners, all stuck right on top of Robbie Thomson, including the goal. We did nothing similar in the first half.

Quitongo has been the most improved player this year for us.Duffy should tie him down for another year.

Quitongo has been the most improved player this year for us.Duffy should tie him down for another year.

He'd done his homework. Very first touch of the ball that Armstrong had, Quitongo went right and Armstrong hit the byline. It looked like Quitongo had been done, but Armstrong's right foot is only for keeping his left foot company, and I don't think he managed to deliver a cross after that.

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

'd argue that Armstrong was the right choice, after his performance last week, but he got nothing from Quitongo. Dingwall getting as much time as he did was criminal. Did nothing. The wingers should've been swapped a couple of times to try and make something happen.

Dingwall was decent last week, but he's been an absolute passenger at times. He's the epitome of a 'jack of all trades, master of none'. Last week aside, Dylan Tait has looked a far better choice as a midfield creative type.

A horrid result today where you've got to wonder on the psychological effect of Tuesday. We've gone to Dumbarton and failed to break them down, only to lose a 93rd minute goal. Falkirk have gone to Clyde and battered them trying to get back into the game where they've not had a prolific goalscorer. Hopefully we can all pull together on Tuesday and get a result. I'd take the proverbial hand off for a draw.