Queens vMorton

8 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

You won't need to press us up the park,  we'll probably sit back and let you dictate the tempo of the game.  As for Dobbie's fitness,  when you consider that the possible alternative to him not playing is Gary Oliver "playing"  I'd rather see a 50% fit Dobbie playing  every time. 

I really rated Oliver. Thought his partnership with Quitongo was great. Neither were great goalscorers but we were set up for goals to come from other positions and they were a handful for anyone.

38 minutes ago, virginton said:

Oliver was gutless and didn’t have enough ability to make up for that trait.

Fairly good description of almost our entire team.

His Morton career went downhill on Hogmanay 2016 when he got injured against St. Mirren. He was outstanding that day and, even at 0-1 down I was confident of getting a result that day (which never happens against them) based on how he was playing. He got that injury and was never the same player after that.  For a short period from October to December that year, including the 5-0 win at Palmerston, he was outstanding.

Pity it fizzled out for him at Morton, I’ve got more time for him than some of that season’s team that moved on- notably O’Ware, Tidser, Quitongo's, Shankland and McManus.

Edited by Toby

Oliver was ok in his first spell with us but now seems to spend most of the time either on his arse or looking for cheap fouls or just keeping clear of where he should be to get the ball. He won't put any effort into 50/50 challenges. He looks like someone who's suffered a few injuries and doesn't want to risk getting any more, not the attitude needed when the team is fighting for survival. 

Pretty harsh on Oliver for me. He's no different to his last spell at us though I never appreciated his hold-up strength last time. We have a system that hinders one of the league's best strikers so it's certainly not going to do Oliver any favours...