Queens vMorton

It looked like Dobbie had strained something towards the end of Saturday's match as well.
I might wait for the teamsheet in that case. We don't look like scoring with him in the side just now, no chance of it without him.

15 minutes ago, JessieField said:

It looked like Dobbie had strained something towards the end of Saturday's match as well.

Yes looked like a groin strain & Johnston should have subbed him straight away! But No he left him on! Does he not relise by doing that the team could lose him for longer. Dobbie although our main goal threat needs better time management at his age especially now its Sat/Tues & Sat/Tues/Frid coming up.... 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, JessieField said:

I might wait for the teamsheet in that case. We don't look like scoring with him in the side just now, no chance of it without him.

No doubt everyone will disagree with me but I would like to see Hamilton and Oliver up front. The last game changed when they were brought on.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, baw heid said:
No doubt everyone will disagree with me but I would like to see Hamilton and Oliver up front. The last game changed when they were brought on.

You'd drop Dobbie?

No I would not, but if, as was said, he has a knock then I would be interested to see them. However I do think we ask to much from Dobbie. he must be under so much pressure it could affect his game. I underestimated the work Dykes did last year so I hope Hamilton can take some of the load. Dobbie was on his own last game  No wonder if he picks up a strain.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, JessieField said:

Who's yer wide men then playing alongside Pybus & Wilson?

If we had decent wide men then Wilson and Lyon would probably be my first choice in the middle of the park. I’m afraid I just don’t see what Pybus brings to the table other than effort. Although granted that is more than some offer.

Murray and Petra are the only players we have that resemble actual wingers, although I don’t really think being played out wide suits Murray, plus he is injured.

Our options in midfield are pretty horrific however you combine it. At least with a midfield 4 Holt and Mercer can overlap to create a bit of width. This hasn’t happened enough in either the 4-3-3 or Saturday’s 5-3-2.

I’d be inclined to put Pybus on the right, Petra on the left with Wilson and Paton in the middle. On paper it’s a mix of endeavour and ability that might just prove greater than the sum of it’s parts.

Queens are there for the taking. 1 point out of their last 18, their fans dejected and  we should be full of confidence being unbeaten this year. We are leaking goals but at the same time we have scored in 16 consecutive league games so BTTS is pretty much a given!

A draw is the absolute minimum to keep the gap but I'm looking for us to win this.

If we are to win, I would say that's us safe from relegation. I can't see Queens and Thistle getting 9 more points more than us over the last 9/10 games. We can then seriously starting thinking about a top 4 finish which was unthinkable 9 games ago when Thistle beat us.

Lose it though and we are dragged right back into it.

Really is a huge game for us but i fancy us to win 2-1.

On 26/02/2020 at 11:12, SUPERSOUTH said:

Yes looked like a groin strain & Johnston should have subbed him straight away! But No he left him on! Does he not relise by doing that the team could lose him for longer. Dobbie although our main goal threat needs better time management at his age especially now its Sat/Tues & Sat/Tues/Frid coming up.... 

Depends if Dobbie indicated that he felt he couldn't play on. A bit of onus has to be on the player to inform the manager. 

49 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

Dobbie. Is. a great player,he just needs to be contained,no reason why we cant come away tomorrow with 3 points,looking forward to going to the game tomorrow,as will the qots mob

Any Queens fan looking forward to watching his side play right now, is clearly one for the watching.

I don't think Dobbie is quite the player he was.  Still got the skill but looks as if injuries are taking their toll.  I understand he's passed fit to play tomorrow but wouldn't be surprised if he starts on the bench, especially given that Queens apparently have a lot of games over the next two weeks.  Seems to have a hamstring problem and if he's not fully recovered he might re-injure it, and that would be terrible for Queens at this stage of the season.

Can't call this one.  Morton should have enough to win, but our central defence is always capable of screwing things up.  We need to press Queens high up the park and keep them on the back foot, and if we get in front, none of this hold what we have nonsense that cost us two points against Alloa.  Certainly can't see it being 0-0.  

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

I don't think Dobbie is quite the player he was.  Still got the skill but looks as if injuries are taking their toll.  I understand he's passed fit to play tomorrow but wouldn't be surprised if he starts on the bench, especially given that Queens apparently have a lot of games over the next two weeks.  Seems to have a hamstring problem and if he's not fully recovered he might re-injure it, and that would be terrible for Queens at this stage of the season.

Can't call this one.  Morton should have enough to win, but our central defence is always capable of screwing things up.  We need to press Queens high up the park and keep them on the back foot, and if we get in front, none of this hold what we have nonsense that cost us two points against Alloa.  Certainly can't see it being 0-0.  

You won't need to press us up the park,  we'll probably sit back and let you dictate the tempo of the game.  As for Dobbie's fitness,  when you consider that the possible alternative to him not playing is Gary Oliver "playing"  I'd rather see a 50% fit Dobbie playing  every time.