Queens vMorton

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
In Johnston's interview, he displays the wrong sort of resignation.

"Apart from the 4 goals I didn't think there was much between the sides". Not only is that statement wrong but does he think such a comment will bring any sort of comfort to our support? We could have had 40 shots on target yesterday to Morton's 1 and if we failed to score I really wouldn't care about the chances we created. We're at the stage where we need goals and points ffs.

The highlights show one solitary shot at goal for Queens, apart from that the action is all in the Queens half. Kinda gives the lie to the above comment.

The highlights show one solitary shot at goal for Queens, apart from that the action is all in the Queens half. Kinda gives the lie to the above comment.
The only person who doesn't know that statement is complete nonsense is our manager.

The highlights are more or less just watching Cadden carrying the ball across the pitch with some goals and comedy defending chucked in.

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Yes, the biased highlights have edited out at least two other efforts we had on target which forced saves from your goalkeeper.

Admittedly, the efforts came from our goalkeeper, but still.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Slight nervousness at the start of the second half until Morton realised that they were playing against the wind, but once we settled down we looked reasonably comfortable, and Queens' keeper looked dodgy with the curling crosses that were raining in on him from our left hand side particularly.  Nickie Cadden ran that show and what a signing he has been. Kalvin Orsi surprised me because he looks like a player after all - Maybe the full time training has raised his game although perhaps better to judge against better teams.  Our midfield is actually pretty good  now, and even our central defence did fine.

If we can get points at Inverness tomorrow night then I'll believe we have really turned the corner.  Queens are going to struggle to stay up but a win at Firhill tomorrow would make a huge difference.  Dobbie looks done - you can see he has ability but he only created one chance for himself the whole game (well saved by Rogers, and apart from that it was set pieces.  Like Chris Millar for Morton, this looks to be maybe one season too many for him.

Fantastic atmosphere in the away end on Saturday, particularly the impromptu gig for drum and fans under the stand at half time.

"Apart from the 4 goals I didn't think there was much between the sides". Not only is that statement wrong but does he think such a comment will bring any sort of comfort to our support? We could have had 40 shots on target yesterday to Morton's 1 and if we failed to score I really wouldn't care about the chances we created. We're at the stage where we need goals and points ffs.
That an actual quote? FFS.

11 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 09:30, 19QOS19 said:

That an actual quote? FFS.

I (and all of us) have been to or seen games where clubs have been very evenly matches for 80-85 minutes with just the odd goal between them then the leading team managed to get a coupla goals on the counter at the end of the game to give the final scoreline an "unfair" bent.

Saturday does not appear to be one of those games