Queens vMorton

16 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Any team that gets beaten at home from us 4-0 should be extremely worried.

The time for worrying has passed.  We are going down and to be honest it is overdue. We should have gone down last season.

Partick are not as bad as Falkirk were last season and more importantly, they are better than us. 

I asked you a question about Hamilton, unaware I expressed an opinion about his performance today.
However, neither he nor Dobbie scored contrary to your assertion that they bring the best out in each other.
My point is that, as always, when things are not going well there is always a clamour for players that have not been selected to be immediately put into the team and that that will make all the difference -  it doesn't.    Believe me I've heard all this many , many times over the last 50 years.
To clarify, I was under the impression that you have repeatedly called for both Hamilton and Semple to be in the team and that it would improve the situation  - it clearly hasn't.
This is about the principle not the personalities.
My response is based on the facts as I see them, please correct me if I am wrong !

What about Hamilton, you expected him to make a huge difference ?

Pretty incredible Livi loaned us another player given Hamilton's lack of game time. I don't think he's a sleeping giant as such but 2 goals in his last 3 and a hat-trick today, regardless of the level, get him started ffs.

Quite a reach there. And no, I'm not saying that. Doolan and Dobbie wouldn't work for the same reason Dobbie and Lyle never worked: none of those players do the dog work.

Hamilton or even Petra alongside Dobbie would be our best bet. Using the latter would mean we're back to square one with our LM problem though.

Incredible how you've decided to completely make things up. You can say you were asking a question about how Hamilton performed but it was clear what you were insinuating. I don't think I've said anywhere that Hamilton would instantly improve our situation, I've said Dobbie works best with a tall striker alongside him. YET AGAIN (in response to you) this isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

You've chosen to remember what I've said previously to suit yourself. FWIW, Dykes and Dobbie/ Dobbie and O'Connor would have had as much success as Dobbie and Hamilton did today. Hoofing the ball up in those conditions was absolutely embarrassing and he should be sacked for that alone.

Semple at the very least always looked for a pass out from the back.

55 minutes ago, Flash said:

When McCrorie was here, 25% of shots on target resulted in a goal. Since Stewart signed, it has increased to 54%.

Feel like I'm picking on him sometimes but in my opinion, he is guff.

We sadly gave him a contract extension at the start of the season which means he will be with us until 2021. Hoping we can get someone to take him off us in the summer.

Incredible how you've decided to completely make things up. You can say you were asking a question about how Hamilton performed but it was clear what you were insinuating. I don't think I've said anywhere that Hamilton would instantly improve our situation, I've said Dobbie works best with a tall striker alongside him. YET AGAIN (in response to you) this isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

You've chosen to remember what I've said previously to suit yourself. FWIW, Dykes and Dobbie/ Dobbie and O'Connor would have had as much success as Dobbie and Hamilton did today. Hoofing the ball up in those conditions was absolutely embarrassing and he should be sacked for that alone.

Semple played just as many aimless balls forward as anyone else, particularly second half.
I’ll try, how about “the norm”
No. As bad as weve been in other games today was particularly bad.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

What was the 4th? I'll go with a cross. 

It was absolutely terrible, comically bad, the worst of the lot and that's saying something. 

I cant remember how the ball got in the box, but once it did (from their left, our right) it was in for an age. A few attempts at tackles and clearances got nowhere before eventually Kilday booted it against McGuffie and into the net.

Should be well worth watching the highlights for any neutral looking for a laugh

Well that was the WORST... Time now for either the board to act or AJ to WALK.

1 point from 21 is not acceptable.... 

The team look void of ideas going & look like a team that needs a change of direction from the top.

Only positive today was MoM Semple he won all his headers, cleared his lines & tried to look for a  pass when he could. Couldn't do anything with any of the goals conceded. His match fitness is coming back & he's looking like the player he was when here last season. He didn't deserve to be on the side that conceded 4 goals... 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

A case of Pot , Kettle and Black I think !

It is my understanding that any sentence with a question mark at the end is , indeed, a question.

Any insinuation is in your head  only for whatever reason.

It is my understanding that any sentence with a question mark at the end is , indeed, a question.
And for about the 4th time you've yet again failed to respond to my point that Dobbie works better with a Hamilton-type player.

18 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

It could be a rhetorical question, though. You asked whether Hamilton had made a “huge difference” at the point we were 2-0 down. So, it looked very much like a rhetorical question that you were using to make the point that he hadn’t made any difference.

How many goals were from set play today?
It's crosses in general we can't deal with. The first two were crosses. The 3rd is just a blur to me because I thought the guy had tried a daft shot from miles out which was heading for a throw but ended up staying in. The Morton player then walked through our defence to score (not as blurry as I thought then). I was gone by the 4th.