Lowly Loons vs DY's Dynamos

6 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Good win and brings the top 3 back into the mix.

Exactly, one of those “six-pointers” next week to keep us in the hunt!!!

Don’t know if scoring in the first 30 seconds changed our mindset. We didn’t appear to get out of second gear today and we never played with any tempo. Forfar can’t be faulted for effort but I can’t remember Brett Long making a single save in 90 minutes.The ball never seems to sit down on that pitch and the players all find it hard to judge the bounce. Not pretty but we have been poor on the road this quarter. Think I’m right in saying that’s our first points on the road this quarter.  Big Anton should have put the game to bed but he missed a one on one when he might have taken it round the keeper. Then Forfar keeper made a decent save near the end. Thought Kevin Smith did well when he came on and held the ball up well. A great travelling support today backing. The boys. Best for East Fife was Dunlop with no nonsense defending just cleared his lines every time. Anyway a big big improvement needed for our next 3 games., as we move into the business end of the season.

Dreadful game of "punt"-ball today but a huge 3 points for us and that's all that matters. Three of the biggest games of the season coming up now.

Special shout out to the 'Section A' lads who were absolutely brilliant this afternoon and probably more enjoyable than the game itself.

2 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Coll is horrendous min, just because we paid a fee for him doesnt mean you have to pretend he's good.

I tend to base my comments on how I see a player perform, how well he plays in his position and his reading of the game. Not how much he cost.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

Pretty sure it means some of the morons behind the dugout and it’s sadly not really that surprising. 

Always felt there are elements of this exaggerated hatred in the Forfar support (not all Loons mind). Years ago, I remember Les Byle breaking his leg in front of the dug out, the abuse dished out as he was stretchered off was horrendous, called a cheat & a diver, don't think he ever played again!

Wouldn't brand the Forfar support with that brush in the slightest. Obvious beer goggles but the beers at the Stag and then the Caley bar before and after were excellent, with added curry at the Rupali. A grand day out at the fitba and great hospitality from the locals. My first time to station park thought it was excellent. If we're to still be in this league next year I'd hope the same for you lot.

Wouldn't brand the Forfar support with that brush in the slightest. Obvious beer goggles but the beers at the Stag and then the Caley bar before and after were excellent, with added curry at the Rupali. A grand day out at the fitba and great hospitality from the locals. My first time to station park thought it was excellent. If we're to still be in this league next year I'd hope the same for you lot.
I would edit this by saying; your catering team were out of hot food entirely by half 3. Shambolic! Geez a feckin Bridie min!

Poor performance today. Didn’t really get to grip with the game in midfield, too many slack passes, throw ins were very poor - losing possession most of the time from our own throw ins. Having said that, Brett didn’t really have much to do and McCallum had to make a few saves to keep them in the game. The way results went today makes the game at Airdrie next week a massive one. I’ve no doubt we will have to play a lot better if we are to get something from that game. The result today was the important thing and a clean sheet was also a bonus. Mon the Fife !

51 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:
1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

I would edit this by saying; your catering team were out of hot food entirely by half 3. Shambolic! Geez a feckin Bridie min!

On this topic, can I, very gently, with my green hat on, ask that the Forfar caterers refrain from serving the pies and bridies in individual paper bags. 

Save the planet etc