Lowly Loons vs DY's Dynamos

FT

Forfar Athletic 0-1 East FifeIMG_1154.jpg

Not a classic but it’s the result that counts at the moment and with all the results that mattered going our way as well, there really isn’t a lot we can complain about, another goal would have been nice but we’ll take it!!!

The next three weeks should actually shape our season with the games being against Teams around us!!!

Where to start? Two mediocre teams but Forfar definitely in trouble now. Hard to see where the goals will come from.  A 'better' second half with a couple of good moves but then came the 'just round around' subs. Thought Coll, McKenzie and Tapping were very good and although everyone else was clearly trying it just didn't gel. Oh dear.

Where to start? Two mediocre teams but Forfar definitely in trouble now. Hard to see where the goals will come from.  A 'better' second half with a couple of good moves but then came the 'just round around' subs. Thought Coll, McKenzie and Tapping were very good and although everyone else was clearly trying it just didn't gel. Oh dear.

Tapping, seriously?

12 minutes ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

What does Murray have to do to get a game

Yeah I'd like to see Murray and Coupe more. Especially since it's very, very likely we'll be relegated and these are the lads that are likely to stay with us for next season. 

Credit to the East Fife Ultras, nice to have some singing and drumming creating an atmosphere in what was a awful match.

11 minutes ago, speedframe said:

Agree though, the like for like subs weren't going to change anything.
I've had my doubts about Mr Malcolm from the outset.
Time for him to prove me wrong.

He needs to grow a set and go for games, at this rate we will go down without even having a real go. Far too passive and negative at home.

Don’t really know what to say about that performance today.
Abysmal from start to finish, never looked like scoring at all.
Kirkpatrick wasted out wide unfortunately, like for like subs a bitty late, no ambition from Malcolm, seems like he doesn’t mind losing games.
Need to bring a winning mentality into the squad, no idea if any of the players out there have that however.
League 2 next season seems inevitable.

33 minutes ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

The match sponsor must have enjoyed a bit too much booze if they thought Tapping was man of the match he offered nothing after being booked and the less said about his midfield partner the better

What does Murray have to do to get a game

Tapping was easily the best Forfar player, with McCallum second

Yep Tapping was clearly our best player - though there was very little competition -  some folk must just be in the habit now of slating him. 
So cagey yet again from Malcolm. He needs to find a way of getting Kirkpatrick in behind both Doris and McKenzie.
How often did Tapping find a teammate with a pass today?

FT
Forfar Athletic 0-1 East FifeIMG_1154.thumb.jpg.6497f232cb10b8c25ba6cb1e94a526dd.jpg
Not a classic but it’s the result that counts at the moment and with all the results that mattered going our way as well, there really isn’t a lot we can complain about, another goal would have been nice but we’ll take it!!!
The next three weeks should actually shape our season with the games being against Teams around us!!!

One of our poorest performances of the season. We only came away with 3 points from a combination of our excellent 2 Centre Backs and no real threat up front from Forfar ....
As I say our CB’s were excellent- no silly mistakes( ok 1 from Higgins when he tried to run the ball out). As good as our CB’s were it was the worst performance from our FB’s - particularly down the left.

Also twice in the second half we had a shy at the opposition 18 yard box and we nearly created a goal threat from our Shy. We are genuinely hopeless at Shy’s - they are our biggest threat....( can we just not take them?-give them to the opposition as a gift!!!).

Anyway we got a bit lucky there- Forfar looked lacking in confidence in final third- think they should be ok- still got the best goalie in the league.

As for us- a big 3 games coming up. Hopefully we can keep it tight at the back- get descent ball to the forwards who will always score( not passes from the midfield 20ft in the air like today).

I do worry about us in midfield though- not sure what the manager can do but it ain’t working at present.

But hey due a wee bit luck- hope it continues for a few weeks.

Yeah I'd like to see Murray and Coupe more. Especially since it's very, very likely we'll be relegated and these are the lads that are likely to stay with us for next season. 
Credit to the East Fife Ultras, nice to have some singing and drumming creating an atmosphere in what was a awful match.
After the way they have been treated this season? I very much doubt it.

Coll is horrendous min, just because we paid a fee for him doesnt mean you have to pretend he's good.