2019-2020 Relegation Play Off

56 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

How? They've got no youth system (according to one poster on here) and are bleating about not wanting to go in the HL because all their players travel up from the Central Belt. In what ways do they represent their community in a way that Brora or Kelty or EKFC or Buckie don't? Is Brechin any better a place to go than other towns in the HL and LL?

You are reading fans opinions on here and not the actual views or objectives of the club itself. 

Being a senior club in a community as small as ours is a major asset to the town itself and has a knock on effect to local trade . When the club is doing well , local businesses tend to do well. 

No one is saying Brechin is any better than the places you mention. What the general concensus on here tells us is that the majority  like coming to Brechin and they would miss coming here if we were to go down or , god forbid,  go out of existence altogether . 

We all realise that Brechin has no automatic right to stay up purely because of a long history or that people actually  like coming here , but we do feel the club represents our community ........... if only by the fact of association.  A lot of people know about Brechin because they have heard about Brechin City ,  be it through the many good times we have had or the recent disasterous spell.  

You may not agree with the way our club is run as compared to yours or any others , but to say the club doesn't represent our community is somewhat short sighted. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Just now, Junior Pub League said:

...and unless you shut up shop over the summer you'll still be a senior club next year.

Yes exactly but the national exposure lessens the further down the pyramid you go. ...........As does sponsorship investment opportunities etc.    It has a knock on effect. 

15 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You may not agree with the way our club is run as compared to yours or any others , but to say the club doesn't represent our community is somewhat short sighted. 

He didn't say that to be fair. He asked how they represent their community in a way that clubs currently in the HL/LL don't.

20 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

He didn't say that to be fair. He asked how they represent their community in a way that clubs currently in the HL/LL don't.

I get that  but his original statement was in direct opposition to Hampden Diehard's statement that we do represent our community . 

44 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I'm not saying it doesn't represent the community but there's nothing magical about it happening at Brechin than doesn't happen to non-league clubs. It wasn't meant as a slight at Brechin or their fans* but just querying why the poster through it applied to Brechin and not the sides coming up

*through all the chat Brechin fans haven't been bleating about how unfair their relegation is or claiming they have a magical right to stay up or any sort of birthday caird pish. Brechin fans have been grand.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm not saying it doesn't represent the community but there's nothing magical about it happening at Brechin than doesn't happen to non-league clubs. It wasn't meant as a slight at Brechin or their fans* but just querying why the poster through it applied to Brechin and not the sides coming up

*through all the chat Brechin fans haven't been bleating about how unfair their relegation is or claiming they have a magical right to stay up or any sort of birthday caird pish. Brechin fans have been grand.

Fair shout . But  Hampden Diehard's quote was picked out of a far more general and explanatory post . 

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

How? They've got no youth system (according to one poster on here) and are bleating about not wanting to go in the HL because all their players travel up from the Central Belt. In what ways do they represent their community in a way that Brora or Kelty or EKFC or Buckie don't? Is Brechin any better a place to go than other towns in the HL and LL?

Brechin used to be brilliant when flicks was on the go can’t say I’ve been back since but canny be any worse than kelty me thinks 

5 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Cannot wait for the meltdown from league 2 fans when the former West of Scotland juniors begin there upward assault on the pyramid and start knocking on the league 2 door....

Kilwinning,Clydebank etc and oh my god pure meltdown if Talbot get involved !!!!

Surely the top beaks will have to sort out a better format for this. Or, will there be an even more protracted play off route? They should just set up a League 3 between League 2 and the Lowland Leagues with automatic promotion/relegation all the way through the Leagues.

Surely the top beaks will have to sort out a better format for this. Or, will there be an even more protracted play off route? They should just set up a League 3 between League 2 and the Lowland Leagues with automatic promotion/relegation all the way through the Leagues.

I saw someone on another forum post that 4 divisions of 12 is under consideration.

As for League 3 that was proposed last season & shot down due to the gruesome twosome wanting their colts involved. Suspect in any future restructuring proposals they'd still do the same.

10 minutes ago, PELE said:

While they're at it,we can finally have club 42 getting relegated,instead of getting a get out clause for finishing last.

Any playoffs should only be between the HL/LL winners.

23 minutes ago, PELE said:

There is no more protected play off format than the Premiership one .  That would have to change as well.   Good luck with that idea. :lol:

19 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

More than half the last ten years out the bottom
Division?! This is the first time City have been in this league for 20 years.

Any reference to us being deadwood is nonsensical.

Sorry I was just going by my obviously flawed memory. Having just looked it up your record is better than I remembered but you get the point i was making.

56 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

There is no more protected play off format than the Premiership one .  That would have to change as well.   Good luck with that idea. :lol:

Does the bottom team in the Premiership not get automatically relegated? I'm pretty sure League 2 is the only league where this doesn't happen 

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You are reading fans opinions on here and not the actual views or objectives of the club itself. 

Being a senior club in a community as small as ours is a major asset to the town itself and has a knock on effect to local trade . When the club is doing well , local businesses tend to do well. 

No one is saying Brechin is any better than the places you mention. What the general concensus on here tells us is that the majority  like coming to Brechin and they would miss coming here if we were to go down or , god forbid,  go out of existence altogether . 

We all realise that Brechin has no automatic right to stay up purely because of a long history or that people actually  like coming here , but we do feel the club represents our community ........... if only by the fact of association.  A lot of people know about Brechin because they have heard about Brechin City ,  be it through the many good times we have had or the recent disasterous spell.  

I don't think anyone is questioning the way the club is run or the benefits you bring to your community. As you point out it's fan opinion and not necessarily the club's, but this fan view that we're better than yous because we've been about longer and have history really does get up people's noses.

We have a right to exist, we have the right to challenge the old guard and we have the right to be successful. Let's face it Scottish Football has been going no where for years. Perhaps it's time try something different, embrace new ideas. You never know it might even benefit every community in the long run.

37 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I don't think anyone is questioning the way the club is run or the benefits you bring to your community. As you point out it's fan opinion and not necessarily the club's, but this fan view that we're better than yous because we've been about longer and have history really does get up people's noses.

We have a right to exist, we have the right to challenge the old guard and we have the right to be successful. Let's face it Scottish Football has been going no where for years. Perhaps it's time try something different, embrace new ideas. You never know it might even benefit every community in the long run.

The context of this is being twisted a bit from Hampden Diehard's original  post . One line of his post was used to form a somewhat different opinion of what HD  actually posted.  My reply was merely to highlight our club's representation of our community.   No doubt fans of every other club in Scottish football feel the same about their club's role in their  community. 

No one is questioning your right to exist or challenge the old guard as you put it . We all welcome the challenge  and as you rightly state, Scottish football certainly is in need of that.  However when it is your club involved in the dogfight then it does understandably  become a bit more difficult to embrace it. 

I have stated elsewhere that our club has been the victim of complacency and we are where we are because of it.  If we do somehow manage to stay up then real change is required at our club to ensure our long term future in the top 4 leagues.  

This is my humble opinion as a long suffering supporter by the way , whether we will see real change at our club or indeed Scottish football in general is the next challenge.  

Premier 16teams ,3 divisions of 16 below it play each other twice , two up two down in all leagues , third bottom plays third top in play off for promotion or relegation , there you go simples 
Problem with that is reducing home games from 18 to 15 and in a 16 league the teams in the middle will quickly have nothing to play for.

The 10 team leagues aren't the best but at least it guarantees most teams have something to play for right to the end of the season with the play offs.

35 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Problem with that is reducing home games from 18 to 15 and in a 16 league the teams in the middle will quickly have nothing to play for.

The 10 team leagues aren't the best but at least it guarantees most teams have something to play for right to the end of the season with the play offs.

Aye but playing each other 4 times a season is pretty boring as well fek it make it 18 team leagues then 😂😂😂