2019-2020 Relegation Play Off

probably the best would be no regelation and the firsts of lowland and highland go up... 

more or less the same in all divisions, with more teams in each division, next year it woud be seen if more relegations teams and come back the same teams than now or stay with more teams

Edited by McGarci

probably the best would be no regelation and the firsts of lowland and highland go up... 
more or less the same in all divisions, with more teams in each division, next year it woud be seen if more relegations teams and come back the same teams than now or stay with more teams

I reckon there will be some radical changes to the set up. I just hope all the clubs can survive. It’s maybe a forlorn hope.

5 hours ago, onecowden said:

I reckon there will be some radical changes to the set up. I just hope all the clubs can survive. It’s maybe a forlorn hope.

The changes are seemingly  ready to be implemented as is a sensible end to the current playing season . As always though these decisions rest on the OF .  ...............Sky wanting 4 OF games and whether or not The Rangers  are prepared to accept Celtic being crowned champions........or that is how it appears . 

The Highland league showed that common sense in these uncertain times can overcome self interest  ( cunningly disguised as  "sporting integrity ")  . 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There was absolutely no controversy involved in the Highland League decision. Theres no relegation and Brora were obviously going to win it.

That doesn't apply to a single one of the divisions of the SPFL.

On the basis of the facts you have stated alone, could that be construed as self interest ? 

We are in an extraordinary circumstances just now where a lot of clubs are going to have players out of contract , possibly before a competitive  ball is kicked again.   This will put these clubs at a major disadvatage  to try and complete fixtures with half their existing squad  or possibly less . 

That is where sporting integrity really comes into force and a decision should be taken now to try and safeguard as many clubs as possible for next season.  It would also allow clubs to properly prepare for next season. 

The plan to have 3 leagues of 14 would take care of the relegation issues and give everyone a clear picture of the way forward. 

As I said these are exceptional times and call for exceptional decisions and leadership .  No better time than now to make those decisions for the good of Scottish football and not just the top two. 

12 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The plan to have 3 leagues of 14 would take care of the relegation issues and give everyone a clear picture of the way forward.

Really? Which one of Brora, Kelty or Bonnyrigg gets to replace your shower of shite as club 42 then? 

52 minutes ago, virginton said:

Really? Which one of Brora, Kelty or Bonnyrigg gets to replace your shower of shite as club 42 then? 

I am not  thinking about my club   , more about Scottish football in general.  

Maybe time the rest of Scottish football did the same . 

You claimed that your scheme would solve any issues with relegation: it quite clearly doesn’t though. I’ve then asked you a very straightforward question that you’ve now failed to answer twice. So the only person evading a real conversation here is yourself. I’ll ask again:

Which one of Brora, Kelty or Bonnyrigg gets to replace your shower of shite as club 42?

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

You claimed that your scheme would solve any issues with relegation: it quite clearly doesn’t though. I’ve then asked you a very straightforward question that you’ve now failed to answer twice. So the only person evading a real conversation here is yourself. I’ll ask again:

Which one of Brora, Kelty or Bonnyrigg gets to replace your shower of shite as club 42?

The only relegation issue first time round would be in the bottom league.  There has been a suggestion of forming a conference type league below the third league  for  teams  with a realistic ambition to enter the 3 league set up  and which would make an automatic relegation from league 3 a possibility. 

This year though ,  the one who wins the play off between Highland and Lowland League should replace Brechin  by way of a play off  as that is the only realistic option.  That should still go ahead if at all possible before the players' contracts expire.  If not then we are faced with coming up with an alternative. 

I don't see that as unrealistic. 

Although it might be the case that given the situation at Hearts there might be an automatic place available anyway. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

If you'd take a five minute break from being an insufferable p***k, people might be keener to engage with you. That the guy replied at all should be enough. He's daft to do so.

23 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

If you'd take a five minute break from being an insufferable p***k, people might be keener to engage with you. That the guy replied at all should be enough. He's daft to do so.

^^^ verge of tears

• 1 month later...

Disturbing allegations from the Lowland League that the SPFL trying to bully them into accepting a mid year change to the Boundary by threatening to remove rights to their top teams to participate in the League Cup and the Challenge Cup. Much more worrying than anything in the Rangers* dossier.