2019-2020 Relegation Play Off

Can only see the season being null and void. They are trying to get the virus to peek in the summer so no chance of getting started soon. If they try and finish later in the year, how does that effect player contracts most of which run to May. Our own Shane Sutherland has signed a pre contract for Caley so he and many others would be out of contract. A shortened season next year would not be financially viable to most smaller clubs. What do you do with contracted players for next year if they are not playing with no income coming in. Release them? That’s only a few questions off the top of my head. It’s a complete and utter nightmare the ramifications of which will be felt for years to come.

Player contracts run to at least June 10 in most cases as that is when transfer window opens.

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

In its inception , the flu was as deadly as this one and spread just as quickly .    It is now manageable but still as dangerous to the elderly and those with underlying health issues .  Sounds familiar  ?

We have learned to cope with flu and we will hopefully learn to cope with this one.   The only thing I do worry about is what every government seems to find so different with this virus that merits mass panic and hysteria.  Is there something they are not willing to tell us ? 

You do wonder. The actual fatality rate is probably much lower than published, because they are not testing everyone. Many more people will actually have it and many will only have mild symptoms.

You can understand why conspiracy theories will arise. There has already been a suggestion in China that it causes infertility.

I have my own views as to why there is a mass panic, but the way it is being handled will definitely fuel the theories. They could be lying about the fatality rate, but they wouldn't be able to hide that for long. Maybe it does cause a serious underlying issue that they are not being open about. Only time will tell.

It's probably more likely that this strain of coronavirus is just a short step away from mutating into something really lethal.

42 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Evidence for this statement please

In 2017 nr of deaths in Scotland = 57,883

Cause of death: Cigarettes 13,801

Alcohol 12,962

Drugs 11,120

therefore Flu = 20,000

Simples

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Evidence for this statement please

Sorry, I meant to type UK. It actually fluctuates and can be much higher and lower, probably depending on the severity of the winter. Although, not every area records stats on flu deaths. Overall, about 600,000 people die each year in the UK, roughly about 10% of this in Scotland. There are a wide range of causes and of course it is mainly elderly people. It's early days regarding this new strain of coronavirus, but if a list of causes of death were produced, this coronavirus would be well down the list. The fatality rate in Italy is much higher than elsewhere in Europe, but Italy has the oldest population in Europe.

29 minutes ago, PELE said:

Sorry, I meant to type UK. It actually fluctuates and can be much higher and lower, probably depending on the severity of the winter. Although, not every area records stats on flu deaths. Overall, about 600,000 people die each year in the UK, roughly about 10% of this in Scotland. There are a wide range of causes and of course it is mainly elderly people. It's early days regarding this new strain of coronavirus, but if a list of causes of death were produced, this coronavirus would be well down the list. The fatality rate in Italy is much higher than elsewhere in Europe, but Italy has the oldest population in Europe.

Not any more.

25 minutes ago, PELE said:

Seriously where are you getting these numbers from?

Try reading official government  data here it may help  your only out by 97% on 2019 data no wonder we have panic buying FFS, oh and yes probably all Kris Renton's fault.

22 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Seriously where are you getting these numbers from?

Try reading official government  data here it may help  your only out by 97% on 2019 data no wonder we have panic buying FFS, oh and yes probably all Kris Renton's fault.

He didn't say 600,000 people die each year from flu, he said 600,000 people die each year.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Too many 0s

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

He didn't say 600,000 people die each year from flu, he said 6000,000 people die each year.

Point accepted albeit the figure somewhat misguiding on a contextual point as when we take the 600K figure we are looking at at a mortality rate of circa 3.7% through influenza. 

In terms of Covid19 and ultimate contamination levels mortality etc a guessing game.

I tend to look towards UK Government sources and their published supports.. Obviously it is down to the individual in terms of the credibility they attach. For me the best we have at the moment that is not to say that may change as matters move forward.

11 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

I tend to look towards UK Government sources and their published supports.. Obviously it is down to the individual in terms of the credibility they attach. For me the best we have at the moment that is not to say that may change as matters move forward.

Edwina Currie was one example of how easily the UK government can cause mass hysteria and panic over wrong advice.  

Just saying . ;)

Edwina Currie was one example of how easily the UK government can cause mass hysteria and panic over wrong advice.  

Just saying . [emoji6]

Give it a rest. No one person knows exactly what is happening. Least of all you. It would be brilliant if this was all a huge mistake. People who have died are obviously insignificant to you. Shut it.