2019-2020 Relegation Play Off

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:
12 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:
It was the selfish part that got me. 
A large percentage may be carriers without knowing it or showing symptoms . That's not being selfish. 

Failing to take proper precautions is absolutely selfish.

There are so many different opinions on on what the  "proper precautions" are as the general public don't  know exactly what the virus is , how long it is likely to last or if people can be re infected. 

Basically it is all guess work at this moment in time depending on your source of information. The levels of precaution are therefore impossible to standardise. 

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

There are so many different opinions on on what the  "proper precautions" are as the general public don't  know exactly what the virus is , how long it is likely to last or if people can be re infected. 

Basically it is all guess work at this moment in time depending on your source of information. The levels of precaution are therefore impossible to standardise. 

There are experts with decades of experience who we should be listening to, who cares if "the general public don't know exactly what the virus is".

21 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Germany talking about no trophies and no relegation. Light at the end of the Brechin tunnel?

I can definitely see this happening here.  Only really equitable way to sort it out.  We won't be in a position to start games again for many weeks (months), it's impossible to say "the league is finished as it now stands" as the lawsuits from those adversely affected would go on forever.

We might not like it but, "season 19/20 void" is the most sensible outcome.

25 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

I can definitely see this happening here.  Only really equitable way to sort it out.  We won't be in a position to start games again for many weeks (months), it's impossible to say "the league is finished as it now stands" as the lawsuits from those adversely affected would go on forever.

We might not like it but, "season 19/20 void" is the most sensible outcome.

Could just say postponed until whenever it can finish. Whenever that is. Even if it's.. November. We could then have 20/21 season be an 18 game rather than 36 season to get back on track.

19 hours ago, onecowden said:

If you read some of the posts on here people are saying we need to man up and carry on. I would say that’s the height of irresponsibility if not being selfish. Two members of my family have COPD. I am so concerned. If they get this virus, well......

Don't blame you but probably best folk don't take too seriously the shite banter between myself and Hampden Diehard.

I had a cough at Ochilview last week. The usual crap jokes were trotted out as I'm in the "at risk" group. Went to the docs this week and I'm thankfully OK.  Honest 😉   

19 hours ago, onecowden said:

If you read some of the posts on here people are saying we need to man up and carry on. I would say that’s the height of irresponsibility if not being selfish. Two members of my family have COPD. I am so concerned. If they get this virus, well......

The proper procedure for you and the rest of your family is to stay in the house until it's all over.   If you don't then you are the risk, not the other guys going to the football. Are you following what would seem to be appropriate for you?

Putting games that attract 400 off is overkill. Even the juniors are off when most of them struggle to reach 100 fans.

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

There are experts with decades of experience who we should be listening to, who cares if "the general public don't know exactly what the virus is".

These experts with decades of experience are not exactly clued up on  this virus either as can be seen with each country's  differing approach to controlling it.   Our experts are basically using  the last country's  experience to work out a plan for here.   Basically it is all a case of suck it and see.  Nobody really knows exactly  how it is spread , nobody knows how to counter it with medicines or if indeed it can be countered at all. 

On this basis I am quite hesitant to use these experts as the be all and end all.  The basic hygene measures are common sense but to see people going about with paper masks which are known to be ineffective as soon as they gather moisture from breath  makes you wonder why the experts aren't telling people this . 

On a sporting front it is maybe for the best that everything is halted until everyone knows more about the virus . Especially the general public. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

The proper procedure for you and the rest of your family is to stay in the house until it's all over.   If you don't then you are the risk, not the other guys going to the football. Are you following what would seem to be appropriate for you?
Putting games that attract 400 off is overkill. Even the juniors are off when most of them struggle to reach 100 fans.
Some of "the other people going to the football" will also be carrying the disease and will be spreading it to everyone else.

8 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The basic hygene measures are common sense but to see people going about with paper masks which are known to be ineffective as soon as they gather moisture from breath  makes you wonder why the experts aren't telling people this . 

The UK government released a video with this exact detail coming from a senior expert in the last couple of days advising when/what circumstances to wear a mask.

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The UK government released a video with this exact detail coming from a senior expert in the last couple of days advising when/what circumstances to wear a mask.

I have been on courses to spray pesticides and it has been proven that paper masks become ineffective as soon as the moisture gathers and actually increases the contamination risk as the contaminent becomes enveloped in the mask.  We have therefore  been told that's why  you should never wear paper masks  at all when dealing with contaminents.  

This is why I am very wary of government experts. ...............Edwina Currie once took an expert's advice on eggs being bad for you and caused national panic . Just one example. ;)

Edited by theoriginalhedge

59 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Some of "the other people going to the football" will also be carrying the disease and will be spreading it to everyone else.

Just like people going to the shops, travelling to work etc etc etc. And "everyone else" is sensationalist pish.

Surely it should be a delay to the season rather than anything else. The exact same thing could happen again next season. What's the point in playing a new season for it to be scrapped again?

The virus is not going to disappear. It will more than likely be a seasonal occurrence from now on, like many of the related viruses. With the ease with which this one seems to spread, it is unlikely that it will not infect the majority of people.

11 minutes ago, PELE said:

Surely it should be a delay to the season rather than anything else. The exact same thing could happen again next season. What's the point in playing a new season for it to be scrapped again?

The virus is not going to disappear. It will more than likely be a seasonal occurrence from now on, like many of the related viruses. With the ease with which this one seems to spread, it is unlikely that it will not infect the majority of people.

It seems to be spreading at a similar rate to the flu.  Until a vaccine or common medicine can be developed it will remain  a major threat to health.  

Hopefully that cure will come sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Just like people going to the shops, travelling to work etc etc etc. And "everyone else" is sensationalist pish.

Buying food or supporting the economy/national infrastructure is miles more important than you being able to watch Queens Park play Albion Rovers.

36 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Buying food or supporting the economy/national infrastructure is miles more important than you being able to watch Queens Park play Albion Rovers.

But we're all exposed while we're doing that too.  Do you feel safer now that Lesmahagow v St Roch's is off?

Maybe the only way forward is to wrap ourselves in cling film and hope we don't die of starvation until it's all over.

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Could just say postponed until whenever it can finish. Whenever that is. Even if it's.. November. We could then have 20/21 season be an 18 game rather than 36 season to get back on track.

Can only see the season being null and void. They are trying to get the virus to peek in the summer so no chance of getting started soon. If they try and finish later in the year, how does that effect player contracts most of which run to May. Our own Shane Sutherland has signed a pre contract for Caley so he and many others would be out of contract. A shortened season next year would not be financially viable to most smaller clubs. What do you do with contracted players for next year if they are not playing with no income coming in. Release them? That’s only a few questions off the top of my head. It’s a complete and utter nightmare the ramifications of which will be felt for years to come.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

It seems to be spreading at a similar rate to the flu.  Until a vaccine or common medicine can be developed it will remain  a major threat to health.  

Hopefully that cure will come sooner rather than later. 

I doubt they will find a cure. You generally just treat the symptoms to lessen the effect of the virus. To help your immune system fight it off.

The main issue with this virus is that it seems to spread rapidly. If it wasn't so quick and easy to spread I doubt the authorities would be so concerned.

The flu kills over 20,000 people in Scotland every year alone, but the flu doesn't seem to spread as easily and our bodies are more used to fighting it off.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

I doubt they will find a cure. You generally just treat the symptoms to lessen the effect of the virus. To help your immune system fight it off.

The main issue with this virus is that it seems to spread rapidly. If it wasn't so quick and easy to spread I doubt the authorities would be so concerned.

The flu kills over 20,000 people in Scotland every year alone, but the flu doesn't seem to spread as easily and our bodies are more used to fighting it off.

In its inception , the flu was as deadly as this one and spread just as quickly .    It is now manageable but still as dangerous to the elderly and those with underlying health issues .  Sounds familiar  ?

We have learned to cope with flu and we will hopefully learn to cope with this one.   The only thing I do worry about is what every government seems to find so different with this virus that merits mass panic and hysteria.  Is there something they are not willing to tell us ?