2019-2020 Relegation Play Off

19 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

People cough and splutter every year; they should stay in the house which is no different to what should be happening now. The world needs to man up.

Aye right, I can just see you staying in the house and missing a game...

I was coughing and spluttering at Stennie on Saturday. I'm now just coughing but I still plan to be doing it at Cliftonhill. 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Orange ball, sweep the lines and get on with it!

All these people squeaking about stopping work etc etc would be singing a different tune if all the TV stations, supermarkets, public transport etc closed down.

People cough and splutter every year; they should stay in the house which is no different to what should be happening now. The world needs to man up.

All evidence suggests that the world is not about to "man up" as part of its COVID-19 response.  I now expect this season not to finish - at least not this season. No idea how that would be managed. 

58 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye right, I can just see you staying in the house and missing a game...

I was coughing and spluttering at Stennie on Saturday. I'm now just coughing but I still plan to be doing it at Cliftonhill. 

I'll be there until I'm in my wooden suit, Mick. Maybe I wasn't clear; the jessies wanting games off can stay in the house. The real fans will be battling the virus head on!

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'll be there until I'm in my wooden suit, Mick. Maybe I wasn't clear; the jessies wanting games off can stay in the house. The real fans will be battling the virus head on!

And the players? 

Orange ball, sweep the lines and get on with it!

All these people squeaking about stopping work etc etc would be singing a different tune if all the TV stations, supermarkets, public transport etc closed down.

It’s not that simple unfortunately. It’s the vulnerable (people with pre existing conditions) who can catch a deadly virus from people who have decided that they should “man up”. People are dying from this virus which is spreading very quickly. Are you telling them to man up.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

It’s not that simple unfortunately. It’s the vulnerable (people with pre existing conditions) who can catch a deadly virus from people who have decided that they should “man up”. People are dying from this virus which is spreading very quickly. Are you telling them to man up.

99% of these people have also had underlying health conditions . This shouldn't be forgotten. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

99% of these people have also had underlying health conditions . This shouldn't be forgotten. 

And most of them caught it from selfish folk who thought "I'm fit and healthy, I don't need to bother with these precautions.".

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
21 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

And most of them caught it from selfish folk who thought "I'm fit and healthy, I don't need to bother with these precautions.".

And that has been proven ? 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:
And that has been proven ? 

It's a contagious disease and even healthy people are getting it, so obviously it's the case that those healthy people are helping spread it.

It was the selfish part that got me. 

A large percentage may be carriers without knowing it or showing symptoms . That's not being selfish. 

It was the selfish part that got me. 
A large percentage may be carriers without knowing it or showing symptoms . That's not being selfish. 

If you read some of the posts on here people are saying we need to man up and carry on. I would say that’s the height of irresponsibility if not being selfish. Two members of my family have COPD. I am so concerned. If they get this virus, well......

Just now, onecowden said:

If you read some of the posts on here people are saying we need to man up and carry on. I would say that’s the height of irresponsibility if not being selfish. Two members of my family have COPD. I am so concerned. If they get this virus, well......

I quite agree.  Although that is a natural attitude with other viruses  and it is a very difficult  attitude to change. 

I just hope beyond hope that this one  disappears as quickly as it arrived with the onset of warmer weather . 

I very much doubt it though as there seems to be more about this virus than the authorities are prepared to tell us.