2019-2020 Relegation Play Off

Advantage Kelty in the Lowland League with today's result. Was a must win for them and they did the business. Bonnyrigg need to keep the challenge going until they meet again near the end of the season. That one could well be the title decider.

In fairness to Brora Rangers and the stick they get for having players on stag dos and not wanting to win the play-off, they still nearly won promotion.

Got to the Play-off Final v. Montrose. Won the 1st leg at home 1-0. Went into the second half of the 2nd leg 1-0 down, 1-1 on aggregate. Then scored in the 47th minute to take the lead on aggregate again. 

If they hadn't gone down to ten men minutes later they might have pulled it off. But then maybe that was part of their masterplan not to get promoted.

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The chat of "community" from clubs which have 150-200 home fans and bus in a load of ringers from Glasgow/Edinburgh every second week is birthday card pish. 

At the very least you could try and use your own pish patter to go fishing  ya trumpet. 

That fair number being 1.
SPFL diddies are rattled beyond belief that their days of freeloading round the league system are coming to an end.
The Braves, BSC (cue Jerry to launch into one), Civil Service and the two uni teams probably don't represent a community. Are any of the Uni first team players students? Spartans? The LL was thrown together hurriedly but will morph into a decent division in time. Teams, SPFL current members included, will find their level.

I'm unashamedly old fashioned in this. I just feel that I should chip in to the non-league lovefest occasionally. Some of the derogatory comments about established clubs are unfortunate.

23 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Some of the derogatory comments about established clubs are unfortunate.

Thoroughly deserved if your post is representative of those that follow "established" (Christ what does that even mean in this context?) clubs.

Of course those clubs you whined about represent communities - Braves are the one that don't in the LL, its laughable and pitiful to actually suggest that BSC or Stirling Uni don't represent a community.

29 minutes ago, gogsy said:

The very fact that you have a question mark at Spartans shows how clueless you are, probably think Civil Service are basically a works team. :lol: Edinburgh and Stirling Uni FC represent the community of their respective Unis. Caledonia Braves with the move to their new ground are trying to build something there, nobody says its going to be easy but they are trying.

Cowdenbeath are the SPFL team closest to where I stay , they represent the community of the town of Cowdenbeath (population of 14.00) I suppose. The fact that their last six league attendances have been 307,312,312, 382, 328 suggests that overwhelming majority of that community don't give a flying **** about that football team.

Albion Rovers representing the community of Coatbridge ? They are struggling to get 300 to go to their games despite the town having a population of over 40,000

Are you intentionally keeping us in suspense regarding the sixth attendance figure or are you going by Cowdenbeath counting? 

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

The very fact that you have a question mark at Spartans shows how clueless you are, probably think Civil Service are basically a works team. :lol: Edinburgh and Stirling Uni FC represent the community of their respective Unis. Caledonia Braves with the move to their new ground are trying to build something there, nobody says its going to be easy but they are trying.

Cowdenbeath are the SPFL team closest to where I stay , they represent the community of the town of Cowdenbeath (population of 14,000) I suppose. The fact that their last six league attendances have been 307,312,312, 382, 328 suggests that overwhelming majority of that community don't give a flying **** about that football team.

Albion Rovers representing the community of Coatbridge ? They are struggling to get 300 to go to their games despite the town having a population of over 40,000

If you look at the attendance figures compared to the town/city population, Cowden are actually better supported than people might think. Of course, our location doesn't help matters. Too many bigger teams nearby.

32 minutes ago, PELE said:

If you look at the attendance figures compared to the town/city population, Cowden are actually better supported than people might think. Of course, our location doesn't help matters. Too many bigger teams nearby.

If this example is to be considered it only emphasises the point I made earlier about Brechin City's  role in their community . With a population of around 7, 000 , City still get over 400 despite their current situation. 

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Like Kelty 😉 

Cowdenbeath are the SPFL team closest to where I stay , they represent the community of the town of Cowdenbeath (population of 14,000) I suppose. The fact that their last six league attendances have been 307,312,312, 382, 328 suggests that overwhelming majority of that community don't give a flying **** about that football team.

Cowdenbeath doesn't really have 14,000 people as that I believe includes both Lumphinnans and Hill of Beath which probably have say 2,500 or so.

I think every part time league side has to wake up and smell the coffee if they want to retain their league status.The lowland league is getting stronger every year and would you really fancy a playoff against a Kelty or Bonnyrigg if you have spent a season constantly losing games.In the last decade Stirling,Cowden and Brechin have all been in the championship and conversely Alloa and Arbroath have been in league 2.Its clearly easier than you would think for it all to go wrong fairly quickly and history and community alone can,t save you.Apologies to highland league as i know nothing about the standard but every highland side to come into the leagues is still there,write them off at your peril.Berwick and the Shire have fell out the league with no signs that they can get back.For me Brechin should be using their last ten games to prepare for a playoff which still favours them as whatever they are doing just now aint working.

11 hours ago, Kobe2010 said:

I think every part time league side has to wake up and smell the coffee if they want to retain their league status.

Correct and thankfully my club has.

re. community. As  someone who has lived next door to Hampden for most of their life then I'd like to think that QP represent me and my kind . That's why I support them.  However I obviously realise that the vast majority of people in the area still only care about the two cheeks. So I'd say we represent the community in the southside (and a bit further afield) who want an alternative. That's certainly the aim now anyway.   We currently run loads of community coaching sessions, as well as other community programmes, all of which are very well attended by locals. The hope is that we convince these same locals to come along and fill Lesser Hampden once it is re-developed. An ambitious target I admit.

Edited by Mick1867

Difficult enough keeping most folks' attention away from the bigoted arsecheeks in most small Scottish towns, let alone Glasgow itself. Will be interesting to see how QP changes now semi-pro status has been embraced and the move is coming. Hopefully will be a better atmosphere in a smaller ground.