Brechin City v QP

Right after speaking to friends and watching highlights. Why did we leave it so late to change things up. Joff on in 87 minutes come on. Why put young McGuire on the bench and not use him. To me Slater and King don't know how to fight at this level.  Happy for Muir he does not deserve to be dropped. All the "fans" saying give Muir a longer contract then as soon as he makes one mistake drop him for Bell. Who has not played a competitive game since October.  We pumped Brechin 5_2 at Hampden and it could have been a lot more.  Joffrey played really well on Saturday but dumped last night. Ray saying he had to play young Doig. Why? It's a squad game. Boys in the bench not even getting a look in. Dissapointed with managers decisions last night. Could be the difference. 

12 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Right after speaking to friends and watching highlights. Why did we leave it so late to change things up. Joff on in 87 minutes come on. Why put young McGuire on the bench and not use him. To me Slater and King don't know how to fight at this level.  Happy for Muir he does not deserve to be dropped. All the "fans" saying give Muir a longer contract then as soon as he makes one mistake drop him for Bell. Who has not played a competitive game since October.  We pumped Brechin 5_2 at Hampden and it could have been a lot more.  Joffrey played really well on Saturday but dumped last night. Ray saying he had to play young Doig. Why? It's a squad game. Boys in the bench not even getting a look in. Dissapointed with managers decisions last night. Could be the difference. 

Slater has literally played about a game and a half in total in which he was the best player in the park for 30 minutes against Cowdenbeath. To say Slater can’t fight at this level is baffling, especially when you weren’t even at the game last night. McKinnon has literally lost 1 game in the league, bit of calm needed from people 

Edited by qpfc

4 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Embarrassing post, as any post that contains "fans" normally is. 

Obviously we all hoped for three points, but had we been in the situation a couple of months ago where we didn't take our chances, and fell under late pressure, I'm not sure we'd even have hung on for a point. 

Joffrey wasn't "dumped." He hobbled off on Saturday and wasn't 100% fit. The Doig point is bizarre, given that he was absolutely terrific in the first half. As for judging players after less than a handful of games.... 

Have you seen McGuire play much? I haven't and don't really know what he offers. Unfair to chuck a young guy on and expect him to turn the game. Better to break inexperienced players in when we're comfortably up in games. We had the quality on the pitch to cause them problems, but it didn't come off. 

This was my one fear of turning pro and a bit of cash. Hysteria every time we don't win a game. 

Come on guys get real. We are on here to express our opinions. That's mine. We are struggling to break down a defensive unit.  And we only make 1 sub with time to change game. These are my opinions. I feel we need a good result against Annan on Saturday. I think Ray will go with same team but I would like to see things freshened up just to give a boot up the arse. I would start joff over King. 

The criticism of Slater, when he's only played one full game since coming in, is absolutely astounding. He was involved in almost every attack on Wednesday night and was actually one of the better performers over the 90 minutes. I find it staggering that he is being judged having played only three times, especially given one of those was for 37 minutes on his debut and another was as a late sub for 20 or so mins away to the league leaders. Madness.

7 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Come on guys get real. We are on here to express our opinions. That's mine. We are struggling to break down a defensive unit.  And we only make 1 sub with time to change game. These are my opinions. I feel we need a good result against Annan on Saturday. I think Ray will go with same team but I would like to see things freshened up just to give a boot up the arse. I would start joff over King. 

I thought King was one of our better players on Wednesday and for the first time I saw why we had brought him in. Joffrey needs to get his head up and find other players with the ball. While tackling someone and running 30-40 yards with the ball looks great, if you can't find a teammate with the ball, it's not constructive.

Just my opinion.

7 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Come on guys get real. We are on here to express our opinions. 

Which is fair enough, but what you did was question other people's support because they discussed a possible change of goalkeeper. I'm glad Muir kept his place, incidentally. I thought Bell would have been in at the first opportunity. 

10 hours ago, spider1867 said:

All the "fans" saying give Muir a longer contract then as soon as he makes one mistake drop him for Bell. Who has not played a competitive game since October.  

You make it sound like the majority were clamouring for Willie Muir to be dropped which wasn’t the case at all. It was more that people suspected that Mckinnon  might do so and use the first Cove goal as an excuse of sorts.

5 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

You make it sound like the majority were clamouring for Willie Muir to be dropped which wasn’t the case at all. It was more that people suspected that Mckinnon  might do so and use the first Cove goal as an excuse of sorts.

One league defeat in eight, yet I'm still convinced someone will call for McKinnon to go before the summer window opens. 

Edited by an86

4 hours ago, an86 said:

One league defeat in eight, yet I'm still convinced someone will call for McKinnon to go before the summer window opens. 

It's a QP tradition that we sack the manager after a loss to Annan (at least in the last 3 months). So McKinnon may be gone by Monday.

I thought it was a game that if you compared it with our last visit here in August when we ran out 3-0 winners, it made you wonder if we we're moving in the right direction.

Either Brechin had got remarkably better since then, or we had got much worse. Yet here they were still at the bottom of the league and we had climbed to the heady heights of the play-off spots, a win would even have put us 3rd.

We even had the same front 3, of Moore/Sal/Galt, who ran Bexhin ragged on our last visit, and on Wednesday all 3 had powderpuff shots at goal.

It's easy to be critical of players who maybe are having an off night, but in all honesty Brechin were streets ahead of the team we beat 3-0, and we were having one of those nights where it looked as if we could have played all night and not scored. Must admit, I think on Wednesday's showing, Brechin will avoid bottom spot, and hopefully take points off some of the teams around us, starting with their next two games against Stirling tomorrow and Annan next week.

I would start the Annan game, with Slater and McLean in the lineup, both good with their feet and a possibilty to create goal scoring chances, it just remains to be seen if we have anyone on the day good enough to take them. Hopefully Big Nicky Jamieson is fit to play and I'm a bit puzzled that given that RayMac has given most of the old squad a run out, young James Grant has been warming the bench these last few games. Must admit I'm not a big fan of Finnie, his distribution and decision making , get it wrong quite often.

Can't call tomorrow's game, as so often we fail to turn up against Annan. But ever hopefull of continuing Ray Mac's good start.