Brechin City v QP

2 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

We need tob braver.

All very well setting up not to concede goals but very little going forward in terms of support. We never won a second ball all night or got on the end of opportunities.

Up side, another point but we need wins.

Stopping shipping goals is a sign of a team on the up. Your gaffer/ coaching staff should be applauded. Paul McManus and Andy Jackson are quality strikers. It's up to the guys across the middle to create the chances.

What's up with Ross Brown these days? Did well at Bayview

38 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

We need tob braver.

All very well setting up not to concede goals but very little going forward in terms of support. We never won a second ball all night or got on the end of opportunities.

Were you not at the  game?

58 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Stopping shipping goals is a sign of a team on the up. Your gaffer/ coaching staff should be applauded. Paul McManus and Andy Jackson are quality strikers. It's up to the guys across the middle to create the chances.

What's up with Ross Brown these days? Did well at Bayview

Ross is injured, has a hairline fracture to his ankle 😞

1 minute ago, The man with no name said:

Disappointing to drop 2 points. Total domination in the first half to hanging on for a point at the end.

Need to do better in the final 3rd.

Yes solid enough at the back and good pressing and energy. Brechin never looked liked scoring, but neither did we. We began to look a bit ragged towards the end just punting balls up to Sal.

We looked excellent for half an hour. Feel we'd have gone on to win comfortably if we'd get one, but it didn't come. Great credit to Brechin, if anyone was going to win at the end it was them. 

Perhaps a wake up call to anyone who thinks that spending a couple of quid = easy. The bottom team in the league have now taken two points from two of the biggest spenders in the past couple of games, so it doesn't quite work like that. 

8 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Yep.

Mostly 5 at back and no much out ball.

Thats it you focus on all the good things we did last night !! young Olly was great, Petkov has added a bit of composure at the back and thought Paul Allan did very well, we are improving I just hope its not too late. Come on the  people  of Brechin lets have a large turnout for the two upcoming home games, entry £10 adult, £5 concession & free for children bargain !!

2 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Thats it you focus on all the good things we did last night !! young Olly was great, Petkov has added a bit of composure at the back and thought Paul Allan did very well, we are improving I just hope its not too late. Come on the  people  of Brechin lets have a large turnout for the two upcoming home games, entry £10 adult, £5 concession & free for children bargain !!

Quite agree , but should  this message of hope not be getting pumped out big style now by the committee  and management at every opportunity ?  

Edit...Not a criticism just a suggestion  ;)

Edited by theoriginalhedge

9 hours ago, an86 said:

We looked excellent for half an hour. Feel we'd have gone on to win comfortably if we'd get one, but it didn't come. Great credit to Brechin, if anyone was going to win at the end it was them. 

Perhaps a wake up call to anyone who thinks that spending a couple of quid = easy. The bottom team in the league have now taken two points from two of the biggest spenders in the past couple of games, so it doesn't quite work like that. 

Aye, we bossed the first half and should have scored at least one with all the pressure we had. Second half a different story, although Galt had a great opportunity that he hit straight at the keeper, then McLean had a decent run where I feel he should have had a go himself when he cut inside but instead went for the pass. However we needed our defence to get us a point. I thought Grant was great and Muir had a solid game in goals -  decent block by him from that free kick towards the end.

Sadly I'm old enough to remember when a point at Brechin was a great result for us. Our record up there isn't the best. I've only seen us win there four times in almost 40 years and two of them came within four days of each other during our championship winning season 99/2000.    

22 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

We need tob braver.

22 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Should also say that just about every other team we play seem to have more energy and press our players.

We seem to stand and watch.

21 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Yep.

Mostly 5 at back and no much out ball.

I'd disagree with pretty much all of this.  We looked a lot more solid at the back but I wouldn't say we 'set up not to concede'.  Hamilton was excellent at both ends of the pitch; his defensive work was surprisingly good and going forward he gave their defence real problems.

The diagonal ball to Hamilton was always available and was an effective way to counter.  We did look a bit leggy late on but still managed to push on and could very well have won.

Hamilton, Petkov and Allan were the stand-outs for me but Jackson and Scott were trying to press from the front all night.

Left back for Queens Park impressed me too in the first half.