St Mirren v Aberdeen

Frank Grimes

Hope we can shift a few hundred more on the night.

A game at home with the prize of a semi final place in the Scottish Cup is something very special.

Hope the forecast changes too, it's shit!

10 minutes ago, Div said:

Hope we can shift a few hundred more on the night.

A game at home with the prize of a semi final place in the Scottish Cup is something very special.

Hope the forecast changes too, it's shit!

Just realised. I go on holiday two days before the cup final this year. Damn. Ach well.... nae’ luck St Johnstone, sorry we pumped you.

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Not surprising. Move a game to 7.20 on a Saturday night. In winter. Charge £20. Show it live on TV. Absolutely going to affect sales. 

Have to confess I'm one. I would have come through from Edinburgh with the kids for an afternoon kick off , but pish weather forecast and a late journey back don't appeal.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Was hoping for a better turnout from Saints fans considering they’re in pretty decent form 

As I said - Moved to a Saturday night, in winter, £20, live on TV. Never mind the fact many folk will have just shelled out for two away trips to Fir Park, had maybe bought a ticket for the Friday night Hearts game that was postponed, and are also looking at a midweek home game with St Johnstone coming up. Frankly, I think ticket sales have been decent - including, as always at our place, great support turning out time after time in Paisley for Aberdeen.

Edited by pozbaird

Will be plenty of pay at the gate home fans tonight. Pay day for many yesterday and doubts about the weather will have put people off buying tickets during the week. Hopefully be over 5000.

Game on. Should be same 11 that have went to Fir Park twice in the last ten days and won twice:

Hladky

Hodson-McCarthy-Famewo-Waters

McGrath-McPherson-Foley-Durmus

Obika-Jakubiak

Will be another close game I’m sure, just like the 3 previous encounters between us this season. I can’t help but feel a draw is the most likely outcome, and then a lovely Tuesday night trip up to Pittodrie... Think we need to win today if we’re going to get through though.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

As I said - Moved to a Saturday night, in winter, £20, live on TV. Never mind the fact many folk will have just shelled out for two away trips to Fir Park, had maybe bought a ticket for the Friday night Hearts game that was postponed, and are also looking at a midweek home game with St Johnstone coming up. Frankly, I think ticket sales have been decent - including, as always at our place, great support turning out time after time in Paisley for Aberdeen.

Yeah I suppose so

Either way, I have a bad feeling about tonight :( 

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well, that's the mental weather started.

According to the BBC weather, it’s supposed to rain in Paisley from now until into tomorrow morning with no break. I trust that we’ll get a full game played for our troubles.