Montrose V The Diamonds, 29 Feb 2020

Highlight was the linesman missing an obvious throw in and the resultant heads gone from the Airdrie fans behind him.

No flow through the game, two teams competing and nullifying each other. Can't remember too many Airdrie chances if I'm honest.

11 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

We started shite and went downhill from there. Didn't put a well managed Montrose side under any pressure. Scott Gallagher did take a sore one though . He was so dazed and confused he thought he was a goalkeeper.

Lol theres a problem. Didn't make the game today was McCann taken of injured notice Roy was brought on what about Gal.

Entertaining game from a Mo perspective. Last 10 minutes were a bit nerve racking, but Airdrie never looked like scoring today.

Fairplay to the Airdrie fans, they turned up in decent numbers and got right behind their team. 

My mate was collecting for charity at the Airdrie entrance and nearly every Airdrie fan donated and some of them generously, so you’re  a credit to your club. Completely different reputation now from last time because a few half wits were left at home.

Forgettable game but will take a 1-0 win against a surprisingly poor Airdrie.

The game decided by a penalty awarded when the visiting goalkeeper thought he was playing rugby league and brought down McLean right under the ref’s nose. The goalkeeper had a forgettable game, falling over and nearly presenting us with a second, then going off injured.

After that Montrose had a lot of good approach  play but the ball just wouldn’t fall for us in the area. The visiting team rarely threatened, and in their few half chances found Fleming in good form in the home goal.

Not a game that will live long in the memory but a good result and determined performance from us. Definitely in there fighting for 4th spot.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Lol theres a problem. Didn't make the game today was McCann taken of injured notice Roy was brought on what about Gal.

McCann was getting skinned down the flank in the first half. But to be honest you could have substituted a few at half time.

Really missed Callum smith today, Montrose done their homework and man marked big Nat then there was a hiding competition with McKay and Millar!

murrays tactics are baffling, putting Crighton up top to just run about with about 15 minutes to go ( including injury time) shows a lack of composure and patience. Goalie howler kills us and without that we get away with a 0-0 and it’s a good point, yet another avoidable defeat..

Not a great game today but 3 very welcome points for us. The Airdrie goalie was a total bombscare .. no idea what he thought he was doing at the penalty .. and he did his best to chuck another couple in (in his defence he made a great save from Rusty). As for Rusty ... he’s come back a completely player from the one that got punted to Forfar. Deservedly got MotM for us. We’ve desperately missed a target man up top all season ... maybe we’ve found him just in time for the run in.

4 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Not a great game today but 3 very welcome points for us. The Airdrie goalie was a total bombscare .. no idea what he thought he was doing at the penalty .. and he did his best to chuck another couple in (in his defence he made a great save from Rusty). As for Rusty ... he’s come back a completely player from the one that got punted to Forfar. Deservedly got MotM for us. We’ve desperately missed a target man up top all season ... maybe we’ve found him just in time for the run in.

Aye, it was good to see Rusty getting a warm applaud when he was subbed. I think he’ll get better and better.

Airdrie never looked like winners today, they weren’t the side I was expecting to see, they had plenty go about them but seemed to lack coherence. 

•  
  • Gold Members
  • 4 posts
  • My Team : Airdrie

I went to Links park today to see Airdrieonians.

I was told I could not enter main turnstile I had to go back to main road turn left the left again.

I asked if I could walk round the ground to the away turnstile.

Answer NO.

So I started the bit of a trek round a few street not sure if I was going the correct way.

I tried to follow the floodlight but they ere a bit small and crap.

I reached an opening and it turned out I had made it to the correct place.

There was a plastic barrier preventing folk accessing this turnstile from the back of the stand.

So I could and should have been directed in that direction to reach the away gate.

No signage of any kind to help me find the correct entrance.

This is a crap way to treat your away fans.

I counted  140 Airdrie fans in a crowd of 766. Getting on for 1 in 5 of the whole gate. At £15 a pop that is more than £2000.  

I won't be in any hurry to go back. Folk should not and will not put up with this inconvenience. Montrose need a kick up the whatsit 

3 minutes ago, NorthCalder said:
  •  
  •  
  • Gold Members
  • 4 posts

I was told I could not enter main turnstile I had to go back to main road turn left the left again.

Answer NO.

So I started the bit of a trek round a few street not sure if I was going the correct way.

There was a plastic barrier preventing folk accessing this turnstile from the back of the stand.

So I could and should have been directed in that direction to reach the away gate.

I counted  140 Airdrie fans in a crowd of 766. Getting on for 1 in 5 of the whole gate. At £15 a pop that is more than £2000.  

I won't be in any hurry to go back. Folk should not and will not put up with this inconvenience. Montrose need a kick up the whatsit 

A simple check of the Montrose website would have made it clear to you how to get into the away end. I’m sure the majority of the 140 Airdrie fans managed to find their way in to the ground without the need of maps or compasses.  However I’m sure montrose will take this on board and make the floodlights taller for you. 

if you want to blame someone, blame the small section of your fans who’s behaviour at the last fixture between the clubs at Links Park led to the segregation being introduced 

Were you one of the bellowing drunk wallopers turned away from the home turnstiles around kick-off time? If so surprised you got in at all. Screaming at passing traffic on your way to the ground. Crap Green Street tribute act with a babycham intolerance. Shame as the vast majority of Airdrie fans were fine.

21 minutes ago, NorthCalder said:
  •  
  •  
  • Gold Members
  • 4 posts

Answer NO.

This cun t can count to 140 but he struggles to find his way from one end of a stadium to the other. 😷😷

27 minutes ago, NorthCalder said:
  •  
  •  
  • Gold Members
  • 4 posts

Answer NO.

Here's your action plan for the evening:

1) Read this: https://www.lexico.com/definition/segregation

2) Naff off

3) Come back

4) Naff off again

Edited by Scorge