Montrose V The Diamonds, 29 Feb 2020

11 hours ago, diamond daft said:

Montrose playing midweek also. So hopefully using that as an advantage come Saturday between extended rest and fitness levels. 

Another 0-2 away victory please. 

10 games left Montrose Falkirk and Raith away will be a test other 7 very winnable looking forward to next week ♦️

A tough game but thankfully we appear to have picked up a bit of form again coming into this. Win and that should be enough to see us secure a play-off spot but lose and we'll be looking right over our shoulder again. Hopefully Stranraer can do us a favour in midweek. 

Our defence and Andy Ryan seem to have hit form at the right time but Montroses' defence is very good also so I'm expecting a tight game. 

Hopefully a win to keep up that gap between us and 5th but I would probably take not getting beat.

10 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Understatement of the season so far.

A valid viewpoint since all these games have been close: I felt had we scored that disputed penalty in the first half it would have seen us control the game. It is however all a matter of opinion and there will be many more understatements and exaggerations to come. Hope it is not windy on Saturday so we can all see some football.

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

A valid viewpoint since all these games have been close: I felt had we scored that disputed penalty in the first half it would have seen us control the game. It is however all a matter of opinion and there will be many more understatements and exaggerations to come. Hope it is not windy on Saturday so we can all see some football.

Got to remember we got reduced to 10 men on the back of the penalty (which was then rescinded).
Looking like a good old dog fight between us, you lot and the fifers for the play off places between now and the end of the season. Big game on Saturday.

Montrose are quite comfortably the best team I've seen us play in the league this season, a real unit that understand their jobs and do them effectively so theres no doubt we are up against it here and Montrose for me should be favourites to take this one. Their game on Tuesday night could be a deciding factor too, with a long trip to Stranraer where its never easy despite their lowly position, with the chance of poor conditions and a real tough game it could play into our hands (I hope).

I dont think we can afford to take the approach of 'a draw is a good result', if we are to have any hope of keeping up with the top two and with Montrose and East Fife hot on our heels I'd say it's a must win.

I'd start with the same team that's started the last two but we should also be cautious with how quickly Montrose play through the midfield and into attack. A real tough one for us with either side winning narrowly.

16 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Got to remember we got reduced to 10 men on the back of the penalty (which was then rescinded).
Looking like a good old dog fight between us, you lot and the fifers for the play off places between now and the end of the season. Big game on Saturday.

Football views are always ifs and buts especially in the aftermath of many games. At the time I thought it was only a yellow and there was a big debate around if it was on the line etc. Many times when we play against 10 we are guff for long spells and Montrose did play well in that second half.  It's not the first time our refs have got it wrong -the Keatings thing recently being a topper, and lets hope it does not happen on Saturday. . It does look a real dog fight as you say and it is indeed a big game. Falkirk look like grinding out a title but where there is a chance we all have to go for it.

41 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Football views are always ifs and buts especially in the aftermath of many games. At the time I thought it was only a yellow and there was a big debate around if it was on the line etc. Many times when we play against 10 we are guff for long spells and Montrose did play well in that second half.  It's not the first time our refs have got it wrong -the Keatings thing recently being a topper, and lets hope it does not happen on Saturday. . It does look a real dog fight as you say and it is indeed a big game. Falkirk look like grinding out a title but where there is a chance we all have to go for it.

I reckon the penalty shot was flunked on purpose, because even the Airdrie players knew the ref sending Dillon off was pish. So fair play to the Airdrie lads.

Not only was Keatings sending off baffling, but the review backed the ref? Wtf?
Saturday will be anyone’s game, but I reckon the Mo will do it.

4 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

I reckon the penalty shot was flunked on purpose, because even the Airdrie players knew the ref sending Dillon off was pish. So fair play to the Airdrie lads.

Not only was Keatings sending off baffling, but the review backed the ref? Wtf?
Saturday will be anyone’s game, but I reckon the Mo will do it.

It was certainly a terrible over the bar and post "shot" but I put it down to poor skill ; I can't think of many modern players who would do that-letting a team score with no resistance I did see some years ago in the EPL, but mind the young Motherwell guy who chased the throw in against Celtic and scored! Our player who missed ,Ally Roy had started the season quite well but since then he has been poor and rarely starts. The review panel clearly had never seen a football match. I am also optimistic as our away form has been very good, but so has your home form and I predict a scoring draw. 

Edited by Chapelhall chap

FWIW Montrose have been one of the better teams I've seen this season and they probably have arguably the best manager in the division.

If we get anything out of this game it will be a plus, but if you're into your sequences, Montrose last 10 games have went...
LWWLWWLWWL
so they should be looking at winning the next 2 games..

44 minutes ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Adults - £15

Concessions - £8

Family admission - £18 (1 adult and 1 Under 16)

£8 for a 4 year old seems steep.

Back in the day, lifted over the turnstile.

I am assuming you have twins?

I take my invisible hat off to you if you can keep one/two four year olds happy for 90 plus minutes at the fitba. I have lingering memories of my dad taking me to matches and how bored and cold I felt after about three minutes. Mind you that was in the '70's, well before the advent of screen time, other than Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade!

On 24/02/2020 at 07:50, Diamond8 said:

Montrose are quite comfortably the best team I've seen us play in the league this season, a real unit that understand their jobs and do them effectively so theres no doubt we are up against it here and Montrose for me should be favourites to take this one. Their game on Tuesday night could be a deciding factor too, with a long trip to Stranraer where its never easy despite their lowly position, with the chance of poor conditions and a real tough game it could play into our hands (I hope).

I dont think we can afford to take the approach of 'a draw is a good result', if we are to have any hope of keeping up with the top two and with Montrose and East Fife hot on our heels I'd say it's a must win.

I'd start with the same team that's started the last two but we should also be cautious with how quickly Montrose play through the midfield and into attack. A real tough one for us with either side winning narrowly.

The Stranraer v Montrose game has been called off so that won't have a bearing now. 

On 23/02/2020 at 10:13, diamond daft said:

Might drive up for this one; kids first away game what is the prices ?

Got 3 kids at age 4 and 11.

4 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Adults - £15

Concessions - £8

Family admission - £18 (1 adult and 1 Under 16)

3 hours ago, Brummo said:

I take my invisible hat off to you if you can keep one/two four year olds happy for 90 plus minutes at the fitba. I have lingering memories of my dad taking me to matches and how bored and cold I felt after about three minutes. Mind you that was in the '70's, well before the advent of screen time, other than Glen Michael's Cartoon Cavalcade!

Pretty sure pre-school are FOC or they used to be.

Just grab a couple of adults and give them £3 each to go through the family gate if they aren't free.

9 hours ago, Brummo said:

When I was taken to games as a kid I'd polish off my pie and kwenchy kup and then run around the terracing with a couple of primary school classmates while paying very little attention to the match itself.