Dundee vs Arbroath

32 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Simple strategy needed for this one: get Kenny Crawford to Dens to report on the game, and we'll win. Won 8 of the 9 games he's been covering Dundee this season.

Just as a matter of interest, what was the game he covered that we didn't win??

2 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Just as a matter of interest, what was the game he covered that we didn't win??

When Morton beat us 1-0 at Cappielow on Dorrans' debut.

The games we've won with him in attendance:
Dundee 2-1 Alloa Athletic
Ayr United 1-2 Dundee
Alloa Athletic 0-3 Dundee
Dundee 2-1 Morton
Partick Thistle 0-1 Dundee
Dundee 2-1 Partick Thistle
Queen of the South 0-1 Dundee

Couldn't find the 8th game actually, but maybe he headed to another and wasn't reporting on it. Still impressively consistent.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Simple strategy needed for this one: get Kenny Crawford to Dens to report on the game, and we'll win. Won 8 of the 9 games he's been covering Dundee this season.

Nice one Ross.  Given his bizarre managerial appointments to date if McPake does get the sack at least we know who Nelms is likely to appoint as our next manager.

First game I'm getting to since 0-2 ICT. Not been a big fan of the back 3 this season but we've supposedly been good since Berra came in. First chance to see a number of new players so hopefully they'll play. My team for Saturday

Hazard

Forster Berra Meekings

Kerr Robertson Dorrans Elliot

McGowan

Nelson Hemmings

18 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

First game I'm getting to since 0-2 ICT. Not been a big fan of the back 3 this season but we've supposedly been good since Berra came in. First chance to see a number of new players so hopefully they'll play. My team for Saturday

Hazard

Forster Berra Meekings

Kerr Robertson Dorrans Elliot

McGowan

Nelson Hemmings

I’ll be surprised if Nelson starts given how Crankshaw played in the same position when he came on. I’ve been looking for Nelson to get a start as a central striker for a while but he had a very quiet game, albeit in terrible weather and on a terrible pitch and also should’ve scored with a header. We definitely improved as an attacking unit when Crankshaw came on. 

McDaid will start as well, barring injury. Done nothing to deserve getting dropped for and haven’t noticed the loss of Marshall yet which is a bit of praise in itself for Declan. Marshall would be suited to this formation when fit tho. Elliot doesn’t appear to be a left sided player for me. 

Team and formation for me would be 3-5-2

Hazard

Meekings, Forster, Berra 

Elliot, Dorrans, Byrne, McGowan, McDaid 

Hemmings, Crankshaw 

The less tinkering with a winning team the better. Nelson didn’t really do enough to merit a start this week. Still think he’s more than capable of doing a job for us though. Maybe his injury absence led to the quieter game by him. 

24 minutes ago, lichtiedaft1993 said:

Why we getting punted into the main stand always better behind the goals poor show

I thought there was enough in the away end last time to justify behind the goal being open tbh. Down to finances I suppose. 

Edited by Yenitit