Dunfermline athletic vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Are we back to pretending that caley aren’t losing close to a million each year on this squad?  Cos when you take that into account his achievements seem a lot less remarkable. He’s a reasonable manager, but he’s not exactly doing the unimaginable. 
As for tonight, frustrating,  It seemed to follow a similar pattern as always when we play inverness at home. Compete fairly well, but don’t take our chances, but if bad luck with decisions and lose. Frustrating.

It’s not close to a million pound a year and it’s also not being lost on our first team budget.

Our budget is probably very similar to yours, around 4th or 5th in terms of this division so yes he is doing an excellent job for what he has to spend.

Before the goal I thought Dunfermline were really hard to break down then after we scored we were popping it about easily

Nisbet had a glorious chance to score when it was 0-0 McKay and Toshney both had no clue where he was.

Macgregor went down very theatrically in the box also.

Number 6 for Dunfermline(Ashcroft) looked like he was struggling for most of the second half, was surprised it took that long for him to be subbed.

On another day, could’ve easily been a different result

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Before the goal I thought Dunfermline were really hard to break down then after we scored we were popping it about easily

Nisbet had a glorious chance to score when it was 0-0 McKay and Toshney both had no clue where he was.

Macgregor went down very theatrically in the box also.

Number 6 for Dunfermline(Ashcroft) looked like he was struggling for most of the second half, was surprised it took that long for him to be subbed.

On another day, could’ve easily been a different result

To be fair to MacGregor he went down after the challenger put his boot through his ankle managing to tear the sock and draw blood. I think I’d be theatrical if that happened me! 

29 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Robertson, best manager in the league by a distance.

Disappointed but not surprised. As some said before the game turner shouldn’t have been playing and it was him that was weak for the first goal leading to the free kick. Second goal wtf was Paton doing with the ball?

With Thomson and Beadling available you have to ask questions of Crawford, also I thought Martin wold have been a better option going forward than Murray who can’t cross at all. On the plus side Nisbet played well and the new Celtic player looks promising but lack of quality when finishing.

I don’t think the ball crossed the line at the free kick and I applauded the ref thinking he blew for a foul on Comrie. 
Reckon that’s about ten games I’ve seen ICT get a break against us now, from late undeserved goals to penalties to weird decisions or deflections. I hate playing them.

Eh excuse me mate but Sir Richard Campbell is the best manager by a distance, Thank you and good night 👍🏻

To be fair to MacGregor he went down after the challenger put his boot through his ankle managing to tear the sock and draw blood. I think I’d be theatrical if that happened me! 

That’s fair then!

Hard to tell from the other side of the ground but I’ll wait for the highlights and have another look!

Great free kick but not convinced the whole of the ball was over the whole of the line. Might well have been but it's still a hell of a call for the linesman to make. Nisbet missing a sitter doesn't exactly help our chances either. Should have been one up, end up a goal down. It's like deja vu all over again.

Looking at 1885ben YouTube vlog it looks a bad decision by the linesman

Was pretty much dead in line with the goal line and I'm sure it was in. Fair enough, great strike. Not convinced it was a foul to give the free kick initially. Hard lines with the winner and thought a draw would have been fair.

Unlikely to take anything from Saturday's game and then probably back to looking over our shoulder. A massive couple of weeks ahead.

Strange game. I thought we were pretty comfortable despite Dunfermline having many more opportunities than us throughout the 90. Their first couple of efforts showed their complete inability to finish anything of note that came their way so although the stats show a lot of shots for the Pars most were wild swipes and slices that seldom troubled Ridgers and when they were on target he had an easy save to make. There was one effort in the second half that Ridgers did pull off an excellent save when he flung himself to his right to turn away a goal bound shot from Thomas (I think).

For most of the first half we seemed content to calmly stroke the ball about before trying to pick out Doran or Storey behind the Dunfermline defence and we didn't create too much of note. Defensively we seemed pretty open and Toshney and Mckay seemed to lose their bearings quite a bit trying to deal with Nisbet and Thomas. No idea if the Doran free kick was over the line or not. The only person who seemed absolutely convinced was the linesman who was tearing it back to the halfway line long before the referee seemed to signal it was given. More than happy to take it obviously. laughable dive in the box by MacGregor. If he had maybe taken a touch he probably had a decent chance to score but for some reason collapsed in a heap for no reason.

Smashing equaliser from Thomas. We didn't clear a corner and for some reason Doran tried to dribble the ball away by, *checks notes* , running across the penalty area....He was tackled and the ball broke to Thomas who smashed a bullet of a strike into the top corner with Ridgers well beaten. One of those hits that you knew was in as soon as it left his boot.

Danny "Fucking" Devine of all people almost grabbed a second for the Pars when he headed wide at the back post under pressure from two ICT defenders and then Walsh rolled his marker expertly before unleashing a low curling effort that cracked off the base of the post. however he wasn't to be denied and on an ICT break Walsh received the ball after a lovely dummy from Jordan White and, with the aid of a deflection, found the net as Fon Williams went the other way.

At the moment there is no highlights available online. But  this vlogger from Dunfermline managed to get a good shot of the Aaron Doran goal. This is as good as your going to get till Dunfermline or ICT upload the highlights. 

Skip to 6:47 to see the foul & the free kick. 

25 minutes ago, RiG said:

Strange game. I thought we were pretty comfortable despite Dunfermline having many more opportunities than us throughout the 90. Their first couple of efforts showed their complete inability to finish anything of note that came their way so although the stats show a lot of shots for the Pars most were wild swipes and slices that seldom troubled Ridgers and when they were on target he had an easy save to make. There was one effort in the second half that Ridgers did pull off an excellent save when he flung himself to his right to turn away a goal bound shot from Thomas (I think).

For most of the first half we seemed content to calmly stroke the ball about before trying to pick out Doran or Storey behind the Dunfermline defence and we didn't create too much of note. Defensively we seemed pretty open and Toshney and Mckay seemed to lose their bearings quite a bit trying to deal with Nisbet and Thomas. No idea if the Doran free kick was over the line or not. The only person who seemed absolutely convinced was the linesman who was tearing it back to the halfway line long before the referee seemed to signal it was given. More than happy to take it obviously. laughable dive in the box by MacGregor. If he had maybe taken a touch he probably had a decent chance to score but for some reason collapsed in a heap for no reason.

Smashing equaliser from Thomas. We didn't clear a corner and for some reason Doran tried to dribble the ball away by, *checks notes* , running across the penalty area....He was tackled and the ball broke to Thomas who smashed a bullet of a strike into the top corner with Ridgers well beaten. One of those hits that you knew was in as soon as it left his boot.

Danny "Fucking" Devine of all people almost grabbed a second for the Pars when he headed wide at the back post under pressure from two ICT defenders and then Walsh rolled his marker expertly before unleashing a low curling effort that cracked off the base of the post. however he wasn't to be denied and on an ICT break Walsh received the ball after a lovely dummy from Jordan White and, with the aid of a deflection, found the net as Fon Williams went the other way.

Spoke to MacGregor after the game and challenged him on the “dive”. He said the defender put his studs through his ankle resulting in the sock and shin guard being ripped and drawing blood. 

3 minutes ago, Ott said:

Spoke to MacGregor after the game and challenged him on the “dive”. He said the defender put his studs through his ankle resulting in the sock and shin guard being ripped and drawing blood. 

He definitely got fouled for the goal resulting free kick. It looked like he dived though when he got "fouled" in the box. 

40 minutes ago, Super Caley Man said:

I'm certain it went over the line if you play it in slow motion by changing the playback speed to 0.25x you can see it much better 

Are the highlights out already? Not seen anything on YouTube.

3 hours ago, Super Caley Man said:

He definitely got fouled for the goal resulting free kick. It looked like he dived though when he got "fouled" in the box. 

He didn't. He's heading down way before contact is made and it never comes, Comrie pulls out of the challenge because it was an obvious dive. 

Claims that he had some challenge on him which drew blood are laughable.