Dunfermline athletic vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

A shite goal to lose too. A promising attack, some bizarre play from Paton, a bit of luck with the cross field ball then a massive deflection. A shame as I don't think we deserve to lose. United will put three or four past us as usual, we'll lose in Arbroath and we'll be back where we started.
Poor lot month rest still can't win lol lol

Weird game that. 

We were very unlucky. I reckon thats a really bad result for us too given that we are unlikely to take much from the next two games, a point perhaps. 

Bit of a shame and I think I have lost a lot of my enthusiasm for the rest of the season. 

48 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

. Robertson really has done a great job and always comes across well in the media.

Are we back to pretending that caley aren’t losing close to a million each year on this squad?  Cos when you take that into account his achievements seem a lot less remarkable. He’s a reasonable manager, but he’s not exactly doing the unimaginable. 

As for tonight, frustrating,  It seemed to follow a similar pattern as always when we play inverness at home. Compete fairly well, but don’t take our chances, but if bad luck with decisions and lose. Frustrating.

First Caley goal was a brilliant strike. I couldn’t see if it was over the line or not, but thought it might have bounced over the line. Didn’t seem too unbelievable that it got given. Our equaliser was a brilliant strike as well. Hint of fortune about the winner, but was a good breakaway. At the time, I thought our defender (not sure who it was) seemed to be trying to get out the way of it, rather than putting his body on the line. If so, there’s no excuse for that.

Caley fought for everything and put their bodies on the line to get the result. I didn’t feel like we had that same desire. Caley seemed a lot more streetwise and gave away tactical fouls and chose the right times to slow the game down or try and speed things up on the counter. We don’t have the heart/desire to give away tactical fouls, we’re too soft.

We created enough chances to win, but were nowhere near clinical enough. Nisbet missing the free header from 6 yards out at 0-0 was terrible. Nobody to blame but ourselves.

Are we back to pretending that caley aren’t losing close to a million each year on this squad?  Cos when you take that into account his achievements seem a lot less remarkable. He’s a reasonable manager, but he’s not exactly doing the unimaginable. 
As for tonight, frustrating,  It seemed to follow a similar pattern as always when we play inverness at home. Compete fairly well, but don’t take our chances, but if bad luck with decisions and lose. Frustrating.

Mark Ridgers, someone who has been known to throw the odd goal in.
Sean Rooney, poor when at us and hardly set the heather alight at Queen of the South.
Lewis Toshney, most felt he was done at this level and was poor at Falkirk in the league below.
Jordan White, an average player at best who blows hot and cold.
James Vincent, seen as not good enough for Dunfermline.
Miles Storey, unloved and unwanted at Partick Thistle.
Brad MacKay, the butt of a thousand jokes about his defensive abilities.
Kevin McHattie, derided by Raith fans for abject performances in League One.
Nikolaj Todarov, couldn't get a kick in a terrible Falkirk team.

He clearly gets results with some mediocre players. Doran, Keatings and Walsh are the only players from tonight's squad I'd take at East End. But I'd take Robertson as manager any day.

Robertson, best manager in the league by a distance.

Disappointed but not surprised. As some said before the game turner shouldn’t have been playing and it was him that was weak for the first goal leading to the free kick. Second goal wtf was Paton doing with the ball?

With Thomson and Beadling available you have to ask questions of Crawford, also I thought Martin wold have been a better option going forward than Murray who can’t cross at all. On the plus side Nisbet played well and the new Celtic player looks promising but lack of quality when finishing.

I don’t think the ball crossed the line at the free kick and I applauded the ref thinking he blew for a foul on Comrie. 
Reckon that’s about ten games I’ve seen ICT get a break against us now, from late undeserved goals to penalties to weird decisions or deflections. I hate playing them.

Shite result. We were way off the boil and that gap in games definitely took it’s tole. That was 100% a game we should have been winning comfortably, but we seemed hell-bent on making things difficult for ourselves when we were breaking and when Nisbet is playing as guff as that, it’s probably not going to be your night. Full 2nd half was ours to grab a couple goals and we basically shat it. Lucky 2nd for Inverness and the 1st shouldn’t have been a free-kick to begin with.

The referee seemed to want to make it all about him tonight as well. You just got the feeling tonight was not going to go our way.

Ryan Dow and Nisbet both should have done better with the excellent chances they had. On another day they easily go in and we see the game out handsomely.