Dunfermline athletic vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Certainly a massive improvement in Rooney. When he was with us I remember being at albion rovers and in the mixed area and their fans were howling with laughter at how pish he was.
He always looked like a player physically though and just needed to get the basics right ICT seem to get half decent players playing to their top level.
What makes players like dykes or Rooney into top players or guys like Riordan disappear? Effort or mindset maybe?

Quite possibly. Maybe players like Riordan think they've already made it after a few good games and getting some hype leading to them acting like some kind of William Largepenis whereas someone like Rooney knows he needs to work hard to get better so he can make it and get a better move for himself. I sometimes wonder if the people these players associate themselves with away from football has a significant effect on them and their attitude. 

I think the reason The Caley always get the best out of these types of players is they know we've given them a kind of last chance at full time level and they know if they don't buck up they'll be playing league 2 or lower and labouring on a building site before too long.