Dunfermline athletic vs Inverness Caledonian Thistle

That's an absolutely shocking decision to give the free kick, with the publicity over Keatings wrongly getting a ban for diving it was going to take a strong/mildly competent referee to book a Inverness player for simulation and we sadly didn't have that last night. The player asking for a booking is peak shithousery. 

That decision then emboldened him to have another shocking dive later in an attempt to get a pen, wild. 

He fooled me the sneaky wee bugger. Having looked at the proper highlights you can  see there was no contact.

I had to watch it in slow motion to be certain . McGregor sold it very well so it's no surprise really that he fooled the referee.

Swings & roundabouts unfortunatly. I'm pretty sure Dunfermline will get a few decisions thrown their way. 

Diving is rife in football right now every team has at least one player who tries it. Hopefully McGregor will learn to cut it out.

Edited by Super Caley Man

There was a handball by ICT in our box (not given) just before the free kick (that wasn't) and subsequent goal (that wasn't across the line).

Referee had a shocker, not helped by an assistant who was worse.

Lots of other incidents in that game that were poor and most went against us.

A flukey deflected goal to win, just to put the boot in.

More seething as I'd fully supported ICT with their statement re Keatings red card incident citing "sporting integrity". Not that I'd expected any of their players to say to the ref "I didn't think it crossed the line, sir" instead of celebrating like they'd won a goldfish.

Did Partick not have a ghost goal incident with us last season and fans commented that it balanced out the Doolan one they weren't given against Morton. I suppose our luck will balance out at some point, or are we still repaying karma for the Jimmy Sandison pen nearly three decades on... Not even a peep in the media about it.

Heartening to see a fairly dece performance but still gutted.

Just now, Super Caley Man said:

He fooled me the sneaky wee bugger. Having looked at the proper highlights down you can  see there was no contact.

I had to watch it in slow motion to be certain . McGregor sold it very well so it's no surprise really that he fooled the referee.

More a reflection on you tbh, said at the time it was a certain dive, most people did and the highlights at normal speed show it, the referee who was right in front of it should have seen it ridiculously easy. 

Have you considered being an SPFL referee? 

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Didn't need confirmation from the highlights that it was never a foul. What an absolute clown that referee was. 

The worst decision was a handball he gave us in the first half. He let play go on for at least 5 seconds before seemingly giving in to our appeals and brought it back as Dunfermline broke forward to give us a free kick :lol: 

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

The worst decision was a handball he gave us in the first half. He let play go on for at least 5 seconds before seemingly giving in to our appeals and brought it back as Dunfermline broke forward to give us a free kick :lol: 

I had forgotten about that - think that was when I knew we weren't getting any decisions. He obviously didn't see it and was swayed by pressure.

51 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

More a reflection on you tbh, said at the time it was a certain dive, most people did and the highlights at normal speed show it, the referee who was right in front of it should have seen it ridiculously easy. 

Have you considered being an SPFL referee? 

No way much prefer the job I have now👍.  Have you considered being a  SPFL referee?? or even a pundit??? Your the football expert who saw it the first time. 

I said it looked like a dive but you need to watch it in slow motion to be certain as McGregor sold it well. I wasn't at the game last night cause of work so all I had was the highlights & that vlog video. 

Plenty of people didn't have a clue if it was a foul or not. Even the vlogger (Ben1885)  wasn't sure he's a Dunfermline fan & he was right behind the goal! So your talking bollocks. Do me a favour grab a box of man-sized tissues dry your eyes & f*"k off. We won you lost end of story get over it

No way much prefer the job I have now[emoji106].  Have you considered being a  SPFL referee?? or even a pundit??? Your the football expert who saw it the first time. 
I said it looked like a dive but you need to watch it in slow motion to be certain as McGregor sold it well. I wasn't at the game last night cause of work so all I had was the highlights & that vlog video. 
Plenty of people didn't have a clue if it was a foul or not. Even the vlogger (Ben1885)  wasn't sure he's a Dunfermline fan & he was right behind the goal! So your talking bollocks. Do me a favour grab a box of man-sized tissues dry your eyes & f*"k off. We won you lost end of story get over it
Oooft so no debate allowed about any incidents of note in any game. Well f**k you. f**k Caley. f**k that wee diving rat McGregor. f**k Rooney. f**k Brad McKay. f**k James the wage thief Vincent. f**k the lot of you.

Hope Keating's ban gets upheld.

Mon The Rovers.

Oooft so no debate allowed about any incidents of note in any game. Well f**k you. f**k Caley. f**k that wee diving rat McGregor. f**k Rooney. f**k Brad McKay. f**k James the wage thief Vincent. f**k the lot of you.

Mon The Rovers.
Harsh on Brad and Shaun IMO

1 hour ago, Super Caley Man said:

No way much prefer the job I have now👍.  Have you considered being a  SPFL referee?? or even a pundit??? Your the football expert who saw it the first time. 

If you don't want people to have discussions on a match then a match thread on a forum isn't the place for you. 

Might want to have another look at that vlog, Ben wasn't sure about the ball being over the line but as your player is diving he says" surely not"because he thinks its a dive. 

I'm not a football expert, I'm just far more knowledgeable than you apparently, as that is a low bar though I'm not going to let that accolade go to my head. 

Anyone with anything about them doesn't need to watch that in slow mo, it's as obvious as they come. 

So aye, everything you've written on that post is wrong, you've wasted your time, do better. 

32 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
33 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Mon The Rovers.

Harsh on Brad and Shaun IMO

Shaun Rooney scored a goal against Stenny in a tense game, alright bloke. Bit mental. 

Think Craig Reid came in and replaced him. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Shaun Rooney scored a goal against Stenny in a tense game, alright bloke. Bit mental. 

Think Craig Reid came in and replaced him. 

Rooney strikes me as a guy who is totally calm and put together for 6 days and 22 hours a week but put him on the pitch and chaos is likely.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Rooney strikes me as a guy who is totally calm and put together for 6 days and 22 hours a week but put him on the pitch and chaos is likely.

Based on the last year and a half that seems pretty accurate and we fucking love him for it. His effort hasn't dropped at all since signing the PCA with Saint Johnstone unlike others I could mention who recently left ICT.