QP v Annan (Fiver Fitba & Friskfest)

Great to get a comfortable win in front of a larger crowd than normal. The club are getting a lot of positive feedback on social media this week as well which is great to see.

I thought Morrison and Davidson in particular had great games but I don’t think moving Sal deeper in the second half worked that well, the ball seemed to end up going to Moore for a hold up which is an area of his game that definitely needs improvement. 

Annan defensively were wide open first half and that was enough to lose them the game.they tightened  things up second half to deny us easy chances. I've said before on here that the final ball, crosses from wide areas is something we need to improve on. However it's easy sitting up in the stand whilst the players once again are battling against the elements You really can't fault the players for effort and lots of great passing and movement from what is a new team remember. Some around me were being a bit too critical I thought especially towards one player. However I'll single out Davidson for another good display in the middle of the park a wholehearted player who gives everything

Just listened to the interview with Stuart Morrison. Thought he and Grant were terrific today. Both have good positional sense. Nice selection headache for Ray. Loving Children of the Rayvolution getting played over the PA. Someone's got a good imagination on the media team.

36 minutes ago, houstonspider said:

Just listened to the interview with Stuart Morrison. Thought he and Grant were terrific today. Both have good positional sense. Nice selection headache for Ray. Loving Children of the Rayvolution getting played over the PA. Someone's got a good imagination on the media team.

Salim, Salim, Salim Salim,

I'm begging of you please don't take my man

In many ways it was similar to the Brechin game, except we took our chances. Dominant in the opening half and not as much in the second half, although on this occasion we didn't really need to do much in the second half. 

Really liked the way we tried to go about our business in the first half. Tidy football and a great work ethic, the latter of which continued into the second half. Good to see a decent crowd in as well. 

We've yet to see a sustained period of having a settled starting XI. We're on a great run, but I think we have more in the tank when we really get a proper run with our strongest team on the park. Couldn't be happier about how things are going on and off the pitch. 

Edited by an86

Good solid performance in difficult conditions. Not a bad crowd considering the kind of day it was.

I was late arriving so no searching. Was that the case for everyone today? Also no sign of Mr Frisky, maybe he has been subbed.

Good solid performance in difficult conditions. Not a bad crowd considering the kind of day it was.
I was late arriving so no searching. Was that the case for everyone today? Also no sign of Mr Frisky, maybe he has been subbed.
My daughter and i were greeted with a cheery smile, a question about carrying bottles and cans and if no, on you go. What a difference. G4S had deployed a new pairing. The Head of Frisking had failed a late fitness test.

Anyone know what the story is with Slater ? Blink and he disppears? Probably no coincidence that midfield in the second half was not as effective as in the first. Was i imagining it or did Wullie have a terrific save in the first half but i don't recall seeing it in the highlights.

11 minutes ago, houstonspider said:

Anyone know what the story is with Slater ? Blink and he disppears? 

Precaution. Played 90 during the week and it didn't feel quite right at half-time. No point in taking a risk by sending him back out. 

17 minutes ago, houstonspider said:

Was i imagining it or did Wullie have a terrific save in the first half but i don't recall seeing it in the highlights.

Yep, low down at his right hand post if memory serves correctly. Pleased to get the three points and so far it's "mission accomplished" as far as avoiding the potential threat of relegation is concerned. Not a great game though, the second half in particular coming into the "meh" category. Still a work in progress but who would have thought just a few months ago that we would be directing our gaze towards promotion?

Anyone know what the story is with Slater ? Blink and he disppears? Probably no coincidence that midfield in the second half was not as effective as in the first. Was i imagining it or did Wullie have a terrific save in the first half but i don't recall seeing it in the highlights.
Ray was asked about the subs of both Slater an Maclean in his post match interview on our YouTube channel. Both were precautionary to avoid any further injury.

On the subject of the YouTube channel. The club can potentialy make money by people watching the videos. Anyone who hasn't already I encourage to subscribe to the channel and watch and like the videos as a free and easy way to help the club bring in additional income.

Good result yesterday. 3rd spot looks tidy. I thought Galty posed the biggest threat. His double nutmeg was naughty. Davidson does the defence work well but his forward passing isn’t great. Hopefully he keeps looking for Slater or King as the short option and let them try the intricate stuff.

We took both goals well. First one was a good run (was he offside?) and Galty done well to win the penalty. Sal with the cool head to finish. I remember the misses against Hurlford pre-season. Crazy how confident players can get over a short spell.

Overall, that’s a great win. We always struggle against Annan. Have 0 luck every time we travel to their patch. They make us stand in the rain with no pies, toilets or cover so that felt good yesterday [emoji23]

On 29/02/2020 at 20:18, houstonspider said:

Just listened to the interview with Stuart Morrison. Thought he and Grant were terrific today. Both have good positional sense. 

Agree that Morrison had a great game, his best performance for Queen's so far.   Made an excellently timed tackle in the box in the first half that would have resulted in a penalty if he'd got it wrong, won most balls that came his way and was generally solid all round.  

A word for Sal defensively as well.  Great that he scores the goals, but won so many headers in our own box on Saturday that really took the pressure off at corners.  

Edited by Chester Desmond

Agree that Morrison had a great game, his best performance for Queen's so far.   Made an excellently timed tackle in the box in the first half that would have resulted in a penalty if he'd got it wrong, won most balls that came his way and was generally solid all round.  
A word for Sal defensively as well.  Great that he scores the goals, but won so many headers in our own box on Saturday that really took the pressure off at corners.  
That's not the first game that I've noticed Sal winning headers while defending corners. Really hope we can hang on to him for as long as possible.

Fair play. Time to eat my words. Thought King played really well on Saturday. Defence looked solid. Young Morrison looks really comfortable at the back which is his natural position. Him and Grant worked well together. Concerned about Slater going off with possible recurrence of injury, hopefully he is okay. Well managed to take off two important players going into the business end of season. We need our best players fit at the end of the season to give us a chance if we do stay in play offs. Think we might see a change or two to keep everyone on their toes for end of season lottery of play offs. We will need 18 match fit players for these games. 

That's not the first game that I've noticed Sal winning headers while defending corners. Really hope we can hang on to him for as long as possible.
For someone who doesn't look especially tall Sal wins an incredible number of headers at both ends. Pity that we've not yet managed to work out how to capitalise on his flick ons.