QP v Annan (Fiver Fitba & Friskfest)

10 minutes ago, houstonspider said:

How do we see this one going after last night ?

We didn't capitalise on our domination last night and it gave them hope. If we'd scored, I think it'd have shifted the whole dynamic of the game. We kept the back door shut, which is the big positive when it's not happening at the other end. I feel it's a game we'd probably have lost in similar circumstances a couple of months ago. 

Our recent Hampden record is good, but we have tended to struggle against Annan. If we approach the game as we started last night, we'll stand a decent chance. Just need to be clinical. No easy games in this league, so we'll need to work hard for any positive result. 

Surely to f**k we are due  a win over this mob. The two narrow defeats to them this season were mainly down to ridiculous defensive mistakes combined with missing absolute sitters. We are far stronger at the back now but been a bit shot shy in the last couple of matches.

Something that's concerned me over the last few games is lack of attacking options on the bench if Plan A aint working. Its almost a case of it needing the chosen XI to do the business. I think in one recent game there were 3 defenders on the bench.

31 minutes ago, an86 said:

Hope so. Would like to see us getting a proper run with him and Slater at full match sharpness. 

Yeah I think the two of them can do some damage together on the bigger pitch, like the first half v Cowdenbeath

Big game against a team we tend to really struggle against. Often been unable to cope with Annan’s physicality but I’d like to think we’re more than ready for that with the squad we’ve got now. If Jamieson and Maclean are back in the starting 11, I think we’ve got every chance of picking up maximum points. 
Are we able to sign anyone on loan still or have we used them all up ? Feel like the only position I’d consider getting still is a striker to challenge Salim if it’s not going for him

Edited by qpfc

40 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Big game against a team we tend to really struggle against. Often been unable to cope with Annan’s physicality but I’d like to think we’re more than ready for that with the squad we’ve got now. If Jamieson and Maclean are back in the starting 11, I think we’ve got every chance of picking up maximum points. 
Are we able to sign anyone on loan still or have we used them all up ? Feel like the only position I’d consider getting still is a striker to challenge Salim if it’s not going for him

Not sure about loan but we can sign free agents if any are about. I agree we could do with another striker.

I'll take that. Thought we controlled the game throughout particularly the first half where our passing game was excellent. Thought Finnie had his best game for us today. We kept our shape in the second half and contained the game. I do hope that Slater and McLean substitutions were precautionary. More big ones coming up.

Comfortable win against a dreadful Annan side who look a shadow of the team they were last season. First half we created good chances and passed the ball really well, no surprise to see the team looking a bit more disjointed in the 2nd half when the impressive Slater was subbed. Really hoping it was only precautionary and not another injury, same applies to Maclean who was also excellent. Morrison looked a lot more comfortable at centre half than he did in midfield and made a terrific tackle in the first half. 2nd half a bit of a non event but great to get back to winning ways and into 3rd place for now. 

Glad to finally win against this lot, and it was quite comfortable too.

Josh Doig very consistent for us. I thought Luke Main was effective, and would like to see him and Joffrey start. King as MOM puzzled me a bit, but hopefull will give him the confidence to push on.

Annan in a bit of a tailspin and they'll be glad they did enough in the first half of the season.