Best football fan meltdowns

DavieBhoy was always good for a complete meltdown, especially during Lennon's first spell when they bottled a couple of semi finals.

IXI The One IXI was absolutely destroyed in a St Mirren v Rangers thread. He had previously been a Dumbarton fan who started supporting Rangers. Absolute scenes when VT found all the posts he made as a Dumbarton fan.

I would like to nominate several Ayr Utd fans in attendance at Gayfield today for this award.

Imagine making the journey all the way to Arbroath, despite numerous public transport issues, to then stand in amongst the home support, go wild when your team scores and fail to provoke any sort of reaction then when the opposition score soon after absolutely lose the heid and start windmilling in to their fans resulting in a sore face and being chucked out the ground at 3:20 and have the hugely problematic train journey home or a stay in the cells until Monday. Deary me :lol:  

I think the most furious I've ever been while watching the Pars was a home game against Inverness in 2006/07.  Willie Collum was the referee, had a nightmare, and most things seemed to go against us. I think it was when Stevie Crawford was sent off for a ridiculous second yellow that I completely lost it, like many around me.

That’s one of the very worst decisions I’ve seen. Crawford ran to pressure Richard Hastings who was making a clearance and slipped and bumped into him. I think Hastings helped him up and they went to jog up the pitch when Columbine hares over with his card out. I thought it was a straight red?

Surprised that no one has mentioned this guy at Palmerston who charged down the stairs for a full blown rant at the ref (because he gave us a throw-in or something). Or does that not count as heads gone?

Edited by AyrshireTon

After we pumped Sevco at Ibrox in the 2014 cup semi final, me and my mate were getting the subway back from the game and chatting through the goals.
A middle aged h** sat next to us in silence, then at the first stop stood up, looked at us and said ‘a can’t listen to you c***s’ and got off and moved down to another carriage.
Topped off an already wonderful day- to be fair most of the other Newco fans next to us found it pretty funny as well.

20 hours ago, parsforlife said:

If a meltdown doesn’t end with throwing a scarf onto the pitch is it even a meltdown?

A good one I remember was during the second 2-2 derby the year we went down.

The Dees were 2-0 up at half time, and this roaster at the back of the George Fox ran all the way down to the front and launched his scarf at the pitch. It got caught in the wind and didn’t even get close to the touch line.

He looked around and when he saw that no one was impressed with his passion he stormed out.......

....... only to return before the second half kicked off and to the laughter of all around meekly asked a steward if he could have his scarf back. He had the decency to look pretty embarrassed to be fair.😁

I guess I have to use this thread to acknowledge my own alcohol and Jagfox induced meltdown following our 5-0 pumping from Ayr.

Pretty cringeworthy.😬

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Surprised that no one has mentioned this guy at Palmerston who charged down the stairs for a full blown rant at the ref (because he gave us a throw-in or something). Or does that not count as heads gone?

Isn't that @Dunning1874 or his brother or something? 

19 hours ago, Super Caley Man said:

Started going nuts at Willie Collum. Once I finished my rant I remembered I was right next to this family the wee kid & his mum were looking at me like I was insane

I had similar at our Scottish Cup win. 

Stevie May punches the ball into the net to make it 2-0, but, correctly, gets ruled out. I'm in the top tier so cant really see the handball at the time, and combust with joy as its surely the goal that's won us the cup.

Gets ruled out, and I rant for the next 5 minutes about Collum and how shite it all is, family next to me shuffled position so their kid was moved away from me and an angry mother ended up beside me.

Collum wasnt even the ref.

17 hours ago, ICTChris said:

That’s one of the very worst decisions I’ve seen. Crawford ran to pressure Richard Hastings who was making a clearance and slipped and bumped into him. I think Hastings helped him up and they went to jog up the pitch when Columbine hares over with his card out. I thought it was a straight red?

That's how I remember it too - definitely just a slip on a very wet pitch. Fairly sure it was a second yellow though - he was booked not long before that for something off the ball that was seen by nobody around me. Chick Young described it as a wild lunge in his report on Radio Scotland, but it was no great surprise to hear him talking nonsense. Here's the BBC report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6201963.stm

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

He was very calm when I met him, incredible videi

A good one I remember was during the second 2-2 derby the year we went down.
The Dees were 2-0 up at half time, and this roaster at the back of the George Fox ran all the way down to the front and launched his scarf at the pitch. It got caught in the wind and didn’t even get close to the touch line.
He looked around and when he saw that no one was impressed with his passion he stormed out.......
....... only to return before the second half kicked off and to the laughter of all around meekly asked a steward if he could have his scarf back. He had the decency to look pretty embarrassed to be fair.[emoji16]
I guess I have to use this thread to acknowledge my own alcohol and Jagfox induced meltdown following our 5-0 pumping from Ayr.
Pretty cringeworthy.[emoji51]
Was it Twinkle?

19 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I would like to nominate several Ayr Utd fans in attendance at Gayfield today for this award.

Imagine making the journey all the way to Arbroath, despite numerous public transport issues, to then stand in amongst the home support, go wild when your team scores and fail to provoke any sort of reaction then when the opposition score soon after absolutely lose the heid and start windmilling in to their fans resulting in a sore face and being chucked out the ground at 3:20 and have the hugely problematic train journey home or a stay in the cells until Monday. Deary me :lol:  

Aye what the f**k happened, I was behind the other goals and it all just got a bit mental at the other end.   Was a mix of fans there too but good natured like it usually is. 

It's happened in the past the other way round but no as bad, if its not segregared then just suck it up.  

Train shambles was a big part of the fun. 

Edited by itzdrk

2004 Scottish Cup Final and there was a couple of lads next to me, not joining in any songs pre match etc and I had convinced myself they were Celtic fans in our end so when Skerla pops the ball in the net to go 1-0 up I lose the plot giving it all the "get it up ye's" n aw that. They moved along and swapped seats with some others. 

After a few minutes of reflection I deduced they were simply some lads who weren't that into football and were there for the day out, like many others (how else did we pull 15 000 fans together).

What an embarrassment I was. 

Edited by Stoo61

On 22/02/2020 at 12:17, D'Jaffo said:

An ICT fan a few weeks ago stood in the wee enclosure in front of the stand spent the entire 90 minutes an absolute seething mess at Greg Aitken (no it wasn’t John Robertson). He nearly leapt out his trainers when Aitken denied them a stone wall penalty and couldn’t take it when Moffat skinned Shaun Rooney about 3 times in 5 minutes.

The first bit of this post could well have been myself :lol: Though I don't recall being a seething mess at the Moffat / Rooney incident so maybe someone else.

On 22/02/2020 at 09:31, Stellaboz said:

Seen any story worthy meltdowns? Pathetic self filmed pish doesn't count.

One of the most memorable for me wasn't even at a game. It was a bar across from Glasgow Queen Street. Sevco were playing Raith in the Challenge Cup final.

There was one guy, apparently a Sevco fan, who was giving it big licks to nobody in particular until Raith scored. He went a strange shade of red, and myself, DA Baracus and a few others we didn't know were chuckling at the zombie's poor attempts to go back ahead.

When Rovers scored the winner in extra time (I think?!) he went utterly ape shit, face went scarlet red and eventually stormed out to jeers and laughter. An absolute buffoon of a man and a typical Sevco, touchy, pathetic toad.

Apologies for pedantry but that game finished 1-0. Baird scored the winner right at the end of extra time. There was no earlier Raith goal.