How secure is Nicola Sturgeon's position?

Ludo*1

Not got any vested interest in this debate, but I’m a constituent of Joanna Cherry. She’s absolutely anonymous in this area. Live in an area where it’s easy to work and be visible. Labour, Greens, Lib Dems and even Tories are here on the ground. Not seen anything of Cherry since she was elected. 

4 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Come out with incredibly shite patter like "Natter horde" and "border guards at Gretna" and expect to get tackled. Hopefully with studs showing.

Back when this would have been called "character building". Stop letting your side down with this needless puff.

Except that  "border guards at Gretna" is what the "Natter horde" want.  We both know this.  Why else would you be pursuing independence?

Will you, or any brain-dead Natter, come up with some sort of 'independence without borders' scheme?  If you do then what's the point?

Edited by The_Kincardine

Independence not all that important to you then?

Very important. But I don’t like Cherry’s thoughts on trans rights etc and feel she’s dangerously weaponising it. Have also always liked Robertson but that’s beside the point. I reckon I’d still vote for SNP, but just wouldn’t want to be giving money to a party with Cherry at the helm

On 21/02/2020 at 21:51, Ludo*1 said:

Only the BBC (Or Daily Express) would publish such an article about the one leader in the UK with a positive approval rating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51575899

I'm more concerned the repeated rumours that Cherry is sharpening her knives - that'd be a disaster IMO. The next leader of Scotland (Of which I hope it'll be Sturgeon for a long, long time) will hopefully be Angus Robertson.

Nicola's position as First Minister is solid.

Angus Robertson sold his Aberlour home a few years back and moved to Edinburgh where he was educated, back then it was mooted that he would stand against Blurt Davidson for Edinburgh central but the move was kept on the back burner. On Independence Angus will be the main player for our application to the EU, given that his mother was German and he speaks the language fluently he will be a great asset to our European ambitions.

Again with Independence we will see all of the 47 SNP MP'S return and then probably there will be infighting and striving/vying for government positions. 

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Two rubbish candidates to be honest. Cherry because it's yet more dashing across open ground under fire for the leadership and Robertson because despite saying he was done with front line politics he's obviously only doing it because his think tank isn't earning him a living.

You do realise Robertson is doing it to become the leader when Sturgeon steps down, right? He’s trying to stop the Salmond loyalists from taking over the party machinery as and when the civil war breaks out.

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I wish people would make up there minds its either a cult or its a civil war

You’ll have a wait; they still haven’t decided whether the SNP is controlling every aspect of their lives or is so focussed on independence that the government is governing anything. 

^ and that's why a concerted media campaign is relentless in their attacks. Must be really annoying for the agenda setters to see continued SNP support but more importantly the continuing rise in support for independence. No amount of media work or Broon interventions can mask the direction Scotland is moving to - a place far removed from that of the rUK, and that of the rant from the far-righter on QTime. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

^ and that's why a concerted media campaign is relentless in their attacks. Must be really annoying for the agenda setters to see continued SNP support but more importantly the continuing rise in support for independence. No amount of media work or Broon interventions can mask the direction Scotland is moving to - a place far removed from that of the rUK, and that of the rant from the far-righter on QTime. 

It’s a sign of how desperate the MSM and establishment are that Gordon Brown is still given coverage.

A useless c**t of a chancellor and an even more useless c**t of a PM who was quickly emptied.