Edinburgh City vs Brechin City

Brechin City vist Edinburgh City at Ainslie Park on Saturday.

Both teams need the three points for different reasons.

I would love to say I'm looking forward to this one, but the weather looks a bit miserable.

(Edinburgh) City let a great chance of beating Cove slip past them last weekend and so now must win every game left.

Both times we’ve played Brechin this season, I didn’t think they were that bad; so it’s surprising to see them adrift at the bottom.
Probably should be a comfortable win for E City but let’s hope the weather doesn’t have too much of a say in that and we re-apply the pressure on Cove.

It's on joyful days like this when the Edinburgh wind is vicious and the sleet lashing down that I miss the 8000 seater concrete lavvypan and huddling safe and warm in row ZZ.

The irony is that Meadowbank had a grass pitch so the game probably would have been aff anyway.

10 shots from Edinburgh City... 2 on target tells it's own story. 

Can't blame the conditions either, I've seen teams play well in windy conditions. Well done Brechin, I was almost thinking it was one of those games where you'd sneak it.

Edinburgh City fan next to me was berating the ref at times "how did you not see that" etc. Then the keeper handled outside the box so I said "you're right, the ref is blind!"

One man would have been pleased with watching a 0-0 result- Craig Levein was in the stand!

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

10 shots from Edinburgh City... 2 on target tells it's own story.

That sums this game up Tam.

That we could only get 2 shots in on target over 90 minutes at home to bottom of the league team was hugely disappointing.

So the playoffs it is then, and no doubt that will pass us by as well, as an in form team like Stirling or Elgin will be too good on the day.

That sums this game up Tam.
That we could only get 2 shots in on target over 90 minutes at home to bottom of the league team was hugely disappointing.
So the playoffs it is then, and no doubt that will pass us by as well, as an in form team like Stirling or Elgin will be too good on the day.

Yesterday was disappointing and the league title is now more of a mountain to climb than it was a couple of weeks ago but it’s not over yet, as for play-off’s; City are more than capable of beating anyone in this league over 2 legs. I think other teams are more wary of us than we are of them.

30 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

as for play-off’s; City are more than capable of beating anyone in this league over 2 legs. I think other teams are more wary of us than we are of them.

Absolutely agree, we're more than capable in the play-offs, BUT we were  more than capable to win the league and again have let it slip by, dropping too many points to teams we should have beaten comfortably.  We don't get enough shots on target, and are too "nice". to get the Job done.

Brechin, I hope stay up.    However,  I'd worry for them in their play-off as having nothing up front, a lack of goals might cost them against Kelty or Brora. 

But Good fans, one of the nicer clubs in the league, hope they survive.