Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

5 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

There seems to be a disgusting lack of chat on this thread about Upload and how good it is.

Yeah, it seems to have gone under the radar, don't think I have really seen them promoting it.

Well worth anyone's time. Very inventive premise and written in such a way that you can't help investing in the main characters.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Started watching Justified. Timothy Olyphant has kissed a woman who’s spent a good five minutes explaining why she murdered her husband, showed him the blood splatter on the floor, invited him (in a sexy way?) to feel a wound on her head and then he’s went outside and disarmed a Nazi redneck through logic and being alpha.

This and Sons of Anarchy are what Trump took away from us and what Biden will hopefully bring back.

Also a great guest turn from Walton Goggins as head Nazi.

Walton Goggins is one of the most watchable actors out there, no matter what he's in. He takes a bog standard MCU villain in Ant Man 2 and gives him proper life. Then you have The Shield, The Hateful Eight, Sons of Anarchy, Deep State and more. I don't think there's a point where he turns up in something where he isn't far and away the highlight.

A guy that should probably be a massive star. A guy with that much charisma should always be massive.

Walton Goggins is one of the most watchable actors out there, no matter what he's in. He takes a bog standard MCU villain in Ant Man 2 and gives him proper life. Then you have The Shield, The Hateful Eight, Sons of Anarchy, Deep State and more. I don't think there's a point where he turns up in something where he isn't far and away the highlight.

A guy that should probably be a massive star. A guy with that much charisma should always be massive.

He’s also the best character in The Righteous Gemstones as the permatanned out of favour televangelist Baby Billy Freeman.

A tremendous character actor.

• 4 weeks later...

Justified continues to be the best thing on Prime. I didn’t realise Walton Goggins is a permanent fixture and nearly every other character actor gets to be in it for a full season before they get killed off in the season finale. I’m a big fan of how Timothy Olyphant just plays a guy who’s shitty at his job and sorts everything out by shooting people and bending the rules of his job while he pisses off all his colleagues.

• 5 weeks later...

I have Amazon Prime but for the life of me cannot work out if it ispossible to get Prime Video on my tv....seems to be only certain types of Smart TV?  I have a Toshiba smart tv which I can use to watch Netflix, You Tube etc but no idea about Amazon

Is a Fire Stick the answer and is that a reasonably cheap method of getting it on the aforementioned tv?

I have Amazon Prime but for the life of me cannot work out if it ispossible to get Prime Video on my tv....seems to be only certain types of Smart TV?  I have a Toshiba smart tv which I can use to watch Netflix, You Tube etc but no idea about Amazon
Is a Fire Stick the answer and is that a reasonably cheap method of getting it on the aforementioned tv?
A quick Google suggests you should be able to get prime video on your tv

Watched a Prime original show called Upload a few nights ago. Absolute breeze to get through. Almost the whole main cast are extremely likeable. Even the more dislikeable characters have a lot of great moments, which helps the charm of the whole thing.

They make great use of the concept and the settings and there's some outstanding visual comedy. The light tone never really drops even in the darker moments.

• 2 weeks later...

On to episode 5 Season 1 of Leeds United Take Us Home, have to watch on Daily Motion as it was never available on Amazon Prime here, which is decent enough but can't get subtitles so miss the Spanish speaking parts. As mentioned earlier, not as funny as the Sunderland documentaries, for what I would personally consider an actual 'big club' the Leeds fans seem a lot more grounded and realistic than the Sunderland ones, one of them correctly predicted them bottling automatic promotion and losing in the playoffs. Apart from saying they love Leeds more than their own kids, most of the regularly featured fans seem decent enough, there's one guy with two kids who annoys me though, seems like he's actually a little bit posh but tries to come of as working class, one of the lads types. 

All or Nothing are filming the Toronto Maple Leafs this season, thought the Man City and bits of the NFL ones I've seen have been good so fingers crossed for this one.  

Just watched "Alison". Jaw dropping true story stuff about a woman who was raped and then brutally attacked and left for dead.

The request from the rapist when he asked for a 50% cut of the profits from her book account of what happened, saying that she would not have been able to have the story without his actions just beggered belief.

On 19/01/2021 at 12:44, coprolite said:

How long do they usually charge extra for new stuff for? 

Binged Fear the Walking Dead last year up to s5 but i'm not paying over my subscription to watch s6. 

Genuinely you are at the peak give up now it's down hill after s5