Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

• 2 weeks later...

Copied my post from the movies thread:-

Borat subsequent movie (amazon) - 6/10. Not as laugh out loud funny as the first one , a lot more satirical comedy than slapstick humour or haha hes foreign humour this time that just raises a chuckle. Still worth a watch coming in at only an hour and 30 mins. The build to the bit at the end with Giuliani is decent.

Was thinking that the 2 Rednecks he 'moves in with' for a bit have to be actors no chance Americans could be that stupid then it gets to the fight for our rights rally and wow, I was probably wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disappeared down an Amazon Prime rabbit hole for the last few days.

Truth Seekers started off pretty well, while not being particularly funny, but then seemed to dribble away towards the end.

The Boys. Finally started watching this after reading the comic book years ago. Not as fucking mental as the book but still pretty fucking mental. Loved Season One but one of those where I need a little break before I start Season Two.

Alex Rider. The YA books have been a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine for years. I was pretty disappointed in the movie that came out in the mid 2000s, Alicia Silverstone notwithstanding. The new series, though, is tremendous fun and I think pitched really well, not as corny as the movie. Interesting that they're skipping Skeleton Key and jumping straight to Eagle Strike for the second season. Hope it renews after that for Scorpia. 

2 hours ago, MSU said:

Truth Seekers started off pretty well, while not being particularly funny, but then seemed to dribble away towards the end.

The Boys. Finally started watching this after reading the comic book years ago. Not as fucking mental as the book but still pretty fucking mental. Loved Season One but one of those where I need a little break before I start Season Two.

Got Truth Seekers on my fire to watch latter. 

Watched both seasons of the Boys and enjoyed it the 2nd season is more mental than the first 

On 16/11/2020 at 01:14, MSU said:

Alex Rider. The YA books have been a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine for years. I was pretty disappointed in the movie that came out in the mid 2000s, Alicia Silverstone notwithstanding. The new series, though, is tremendous fun and I think pitched really well, not as corny as the movie. Interesting that they're skipping Skeleton Key and jumping straight to Eagle Strike for the second season. Hope it renews after that for Scorpia. 

Aye, I read the books when I was a kid so was happy when I seen they were doing a TV series(I felt similar with a series of unfortunate events which also had a film that didn't do the books justice, thankfully the Netflix series was excellent). 

Really enjoyed it, I did wonder if they would just do some of the books(as there are a lot, and you would either end up with loads of series or a really condensed plot if each one was done over 2/3 episodes). 

I assume they didn't do stormbreaker as most people watching will have seen the film, so just moved on to the next one. A shame they are skipping skeleton key as I enjoyed it, I'm assuming we'll see the love interest introduced at some point soon(Sabina I think. I think he first meets her in skeleton key, so will be interesting to see where she shows up. Bizarrely she was in the Stormbreaker film 😁)

Will need to have a look and see how many of the books I haven't read, as there seems to have been a few recent ones I was unaware of

Started watching Justified. Timothy Olyphant has kissed a woman who’s spent a good five minutes explaining why she murdered her husband, showed him the blood splatter on the floor, invited him (in a sexy way?) to feel a wound on her head and then he’s went outside and disarmed a Nazi redneck through logic and being alpha.

This and Sons of Anarchy are what Trump took away from us and what Biden will hopefully bring back.

Also a great guest turn from Walton Goggins as head Nazi.