Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

1 minute ago, Spectre said:

No longer open to public reservations unfortunately and lost its Michelin stars because of that reason. Never actually watched the documentary though but I’ve heard it’s interesting

I think there's a hotel nearby where the concierge will get you in. Probably costs more than the meal to stay there though.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:
1 hour ago, Mr X said:
Started Tottenhams All or Nothing. Didnt realise there were only 3 episodes and the rest are coming our weekly before I binged the first 3 episodes :rolleyes:

15 minutes into episode 1 and we're in November already! Prepared for the José Mourinho show.

Yeah, it totally skips over Pochettino leaving.

As much as I hate to admit it, Mourhino actually comes across pretty well

Yeah, it totally skips over Pochettino leaving.
As much as I hate to admit it, Mourhino actually comes across pretty well
Yeah, I've only watched the first episode and that seems to be the case. Makes a real effort to learn all the names properly right from the start and seems like the kind of guy you'd love to work for. I really enjoyed watching him set up his office too - don't quite know why.

Have to say I feel like Mourinho comes across as the more 'modern' manager in comparison to Pep in the Man City documentary. I keep feeling that these Amazon football docs have a lot of staged moments though that remind me of one of those terrible reality programmes like Towie.

The Boys back tomorrow. Absolute nonsense but very entertaining. Would be improved hugely by not having the Quaid lad in it. 
Didn't realise that it was only episodes 1-3 that were being released today and the rest is being released weekly.

46 minutes ago, spud131 said:
On 03/09/2020 at 10:30, coprolite said:
The Boys back tomorrow. Absolute nonsense but very entertaining. Would be improved hugely by not having the Quaid lad in it. 

Didn't realise that it was only episodes 1-3 that were being released today and the rest is being released weekly.

Apparently so. I'd never watched a streaming series without being years behind anyway so I didn't know they'd usually release it in one. 

The future is befuddling me

Watched the pilot episode of Justified.  Can anyone tell me if a) it improves, b) Timothy Oliphant’s acting improves or c) Walton Goggins’ accent settles down at any point to either his own accent or the southern accent?

It’s brilliant. Thoroughly recommend the show.

Oliphant is just him all the way through but Goggins is the top boy. Defo stick with it.

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 12:11, LondonHMFC said:

Was recommended 'This is us'. Absolutely brilliant. Very emotional in parts. Meant to get better as it goes on, looking forward to binging it. 

wife is watching this, everytime I go downstairs and its on, shes in floods of tears.... i went down to have lunch the other day and it was on and watched a bit of it, jesus, fairly heavy!

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 01:00, UpInTheAyr said:

Homelander is a brilliant character, absolutely diabolical. That scene with the breast milk bottle was seriously fucked up, as was when he decided to Helen Keller the new member of the seven.

Is it just me or, the Butcher character and his swearing a bit OTT...I mean i Like the 'c' word as much as the next guy but just seems like its used in every sentence  by him to go "ooh look I'm english and I use a REAL sweary word",  enjoying the show though....

On 14/09/2020 at 19:30, quickoverayard said:

Anyone watching the Spurs thing?? Used to think Jose was a bit of an arsehole but he’s actually growing on me!!!

I've watched it aye. Jose is one of the good guys. Dele Alli however is a fucking nugget and I'm amazed he's made it this far in life. 22 years old and he "made beans" for the first time (i.e. heated up some tinned baked beans) and "didn't realise how easy it was".