Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

On 28/04/2020 at 07:09, tongue_tied_danny said:

I binge watched Gallipoli over the weekend. It's an Australian mini series about the titular ww1 battle. I'm a bit of a history buff so I really enjoyed it.

I also really enjoyed it 

On 28/04/2020 at 12:14, Gianfranco said:

I downloaded Robert the Bruce for £1.99 when I was pished at the weekend. f**k all happens. No the best.

Was that the one Cineworld refused to show (due to them thinking no one would watch it) that caused for the call to boycott them?

Was that the one Cineworld refused to show (due to them thinking no one would watch it) that caused for the call to boycott them?
One of this country's most embarrassing moments IMO.

Just started the Leeds documentary. First thing I noticed in the credits is that it's produce by Eleven Sports, who were founded by the Leeds owner. Got a feeling this won't be as funny as the Sunderland one.

18 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Just started the Leeds documentary. First thing I noticed in the credits is that it's produce by Eleven Sports, who were founded by the Leeds owner. Got a feeling this won't be as funny as the Sunderland one.

The Leeds owner does come across very well.....funny that.

I enjoyed it though, it is well edited. The transfer deadline day stuff with a certain winger is very good entertainment. 

On 28/04/2020 at 07:09, tongue_tied_danny said:

I binge watched Gallipoli over the weekend. It's an Australian mini series about the titular ww1 battle. I'm a bit of a history buff so I really enjoyed it.

I started on Beat last night, a subtitled German series about a drug addled nightclub promoter who gets roped into a murder investigation. The first episode was a bit silly. I may try one more before giving up on it.

I stuck with Beat and I watched the last episode yesterday evening. It's a crime thriller with a fairly ridiculous plot whereby a drugged up Berlin nightclub worker is roped into spying on a dodgy businessman who has his fingers in a number of very illegitimate pies. 

The plot is a bit daft at times and there's a few random twists and turns that are completely implausible . The nightclub aspect is irrelevant to the story and just seems to be a marketing gimmick, i.e. to sell the series to clubbers and dance music fans. Tbh though that did give the series a cool and hip vibe. There's a few nightlife and party scenes and a decent techno soundtrack.

It's not the best thing I've seen but it's far from the worst.

• 3 weeks later...

Found out last night that the cast to tv symbol on Youtube works if you have Amazon fire stick alive on your telly. Thought it was only for chromecast. I'm probably the last to find this out. Upload is great television BTW.

Found out last night that the cast to tv symbol on Youtube works if you have Amazon fire stick alive on your telly. Thought it was only for chromecast. I'm probably the last to find this out. Upload is great television BTW.
I just have the youtube app on the firestick.

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:
On 22/05/2020 at 18:25, welshbairn said:

I just have the youtube app on the firestick.

I find that a bit shit. Try clicking on this on your phone or laptop when you have firestick active on your telly. Think it might be a new thing, haven't noticed it before.

image.png.d4c40fad121c81ebd88e405650b3c1ce.png

• 2 weeks later...

I’m enjoying Patriot.  It’s a Wes Anderson-esque surrealist black comedy about espionage in Iran.  There’s only so much of it I can take in one sitting, and it’s nowhere near as well observed as Anderson, but it’s pretty good nonetheless.  

5 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Watched the first five episodes of Little Fires Everywhere and really enjoying it so far. 

I felt it was a bit slow at the start but it's building up nicely now to the finale.  Will watch the last episode tonight.