Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

One I haven't seen. Just wasn't feeling it but only watched the 1st episode tbf. Maybe should have went on one or two more.

He comes in around S4 or 5. Recurring character called Venus Van Damme. Utterly brilliant.

Sons is essentially a whose who of The Shield. Every main Shield Character makes an appearance. Due to the writer obviously.

Once you get bye S3 of Sons and over the accents it really is awesome.

6 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
12 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Very very true. His cameos in Sons of Anarchy are a feast for the eyes. Poor Tig.

One I haven't seen. Just wasn't feeling it but only watched the 1st episode tbf. Maybe should have went on one or two more.

I had the same problem.  The first episode did absolutely nothing for me - to the point I had no interest in watching any more.

I watched it from the start in 2008 all the way to the end and in fairness it probably hasn’t aged well.

Defo first few seasons aren’t great but certainly finds it feet.

I am a bit of a fan boy and anyone who got into it at the time love it. 8.6 rating in IMDB, so cant be that bad.

I've had 2 stints at Sons, got up to S5 ep12 on the 2nd go, that was a couple of months back so i'll give it another stint shortly (got quite a few programs on the go just now with (Picard, BCS, & Altered Carbon just started recently). Got fed up with all the gawd damns and jesus christs every 10 seconds (or at least seemed as frequently as that). Actually enjoyed the bbc iplayer one better with the Mayans.

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel is decent, only started watching it as my wife wanted to see it but I got into it eventually. The manger, Susie (who voices Lois on Family Guy) usually has some good one liners. 

My missus also insisted we watch Hunters, it's not a bad show but considering the subject matter, it's seems too cartoonish at times and the flashback incidents to Auschwitz are apparently too far fetched and would never have happened.

The All or Nothing series can be quite good, though I almost found myself rooting for Man City at one point. Inside Borussia Dortmund was fairly good too.

I also recently watched a few documentaries about East Germany and the Stasi, interesting but grim stuff 

16 minutes ago, Torpar said:

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel is decent, only started watching it as my wife wanted to see it but I got into it eventually. The manger, Susie (who voices Lois on Family Guy) usually has some good one liners. 

My missus also insisted we watch Hunters, it's not a bad show but considering the subject matter, it's seems too cartoonish at times and the flashback incidents to Auschwitz are apparently too far fetched and would never have happened.

The All or Nothing series can be quite good, though I almost found myself rooting for Man City at one point. Inside Borussia Dortmund was fairly good too.

I also recently watched a few documentaries about East Germany and the Stasi, interesting but grim stuff 

A deliberate choice, apparently. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51606389

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Yeah I read that and he's right, it was never meant to be a documentary series, just seems in very bad taste at times.

Anyway, I will add Lore to my recommendations, a series that covers real life "horror stories" of old. I'm almost done with the first season, the story of Dr Walter Freeman is fucked up. The first episode of season 2 is about Burke and Hare.

On 27/02/2020 at 16:36, Mr X said:

Well some rather odd things happened at the camps:

According to an article entitled "Time 'Too Painful' to Remember" by Ari L. Goldman, published in the New York Times on November 10, 1988, Buchenwald survivor Morris Hubert was quoted as follows:

In the camp there was a cage with a bear and an eagle. Every day, they would throw a Jew in there. The bear would tear him apart and the eagle would pick at his bones.

Source: https://www.scrapbookpages.com/Buchenwald/Atrocities.html

Finished Hunters last night, fairly good overall but I saw the twist coming well before it happened. The Sister character annoyed me a lot, I get the point that she was shipped off to England as a child but the overuse of British phrases got on my nerves.  

On 27/02/2020 at 14:32, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
On 27/02/2020 at 14:14, wellboy1991 said:
Justified is brilliant TV. Walton Goggins steals every scene as Boyd Crowder. Can’t recommend it enough.

Is there anything Walton Goggins hasn't been in that he hasn't been brilliant in? Such an underated actor.

Another one i've not heard of. Worth a look?