Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Amazon Prime has quite a shit interface considering the amount of quality shows it has. Doesn't even have a documentary tab. 
This is an accusation I would also throw at Disney and Netflix, tbf. The best streaming service for letting you actually find something is still the old faithful iPlayer.
No doubt the paid-for services have some quality stuff, but they make it so difficult to find.

53 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

This is an accusation I would also throw at Disney and Netflix, tbf. The best streaming service for letting you actually find something is still the old faithful iPlayer.
No doubt the paid-for services have some quality stuff, but they make it so difficult to find.

I'd always say Iplayer has the best interface which is a bit weird considering I'd imagine the private corps would spend a lot more on it.

I don't mind Netflix but I never find anything on it, i probably spend an extra 3 or 4 minutes searching on it over Amazon before I end up going for Con Air on DVD...

No clue about Disney as I don't think there's one thing I'd watch on there. 

Edited by SANTAN

If the Government had allowed the BBC to set up an overseas subscription service for iplayer, with extra commissioned series and films etc, they could probably have halved the license fee. They were well ahead of the game but the Government thought it would constrain competition, from America.. Instead we have that crappy Britbox thing that I don't see the point of.

I think the interface on Netflix & Amazon is deliberately like this so you have to scroll through all the shite to find what you're looking for. It's the streaming service equivalent of shops putting essentials as far away from the front door as possible so you have to walk past everything else.

12 hours ago, SANTAN said:

Amazon Prime has quite a shit interface considering the amount of quality shows it has. Doesn't even have a documentary tab. 

It’s astonishing that Prime and even Netflix are so clumsy to negotiate your way around.  These are two of the most popular websites in the world, but the interfaces are just dreadful.    The search tools don’t even work properly.  

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Season 2 of Clarkson's Farm has been confirmed.

Excellent news. Finished season 1 over the weekend and thought it was brilliant.

Apparently fan power did it, causing the "U turn". 

One of the best shows I saw all year so pleased with this.