Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

Not very good at searching for things so starting a thread for Amazon Prime based shows.

This week I am mostly watching Hunters, which is placed somewhere between Stranger Things and Taxi Driver. It’s about a group of Jews who hunt down and violently kill former Nazis.

Picard: Felt a bit flat this week, nice to see Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9 though. 

Just wondering who else we'll see pop up in cameo roles, from all the different Trekkies. Would love to see Spock make an appearance, couple of different actors have played him in the films/Discovery series.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Just wondering who else we'll see pop up in cameo roles, from all the different Trekkies. Would love to see Spock make an appearance, couple of different actors have played him in the films/Discovery series.

I’d imagine Ryker would be a shoo-in. I thought this week’s episode was a bit too focussed on side stories. I’m still loving it, and I think it’s been every bit as good as I’d hoped, for the most part.

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Not very good at searching for things so starting a thread for Amazon Prime based shows.

This week I am mostly watching Hunters, which is placed somewhere between Stranger Things and Taxi Driver. It’s about a group of Jews who hunt down and violently kill former Nazis.

Just watched the first episode, good program, some right evil sadistic b*****ds running those camps.

13 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We are meant to get Troi and Riker(who has directed the last 2 episodes) at some point. We have also had Hugh as the director of the Borg Artifact Research Institute. Don't think we can get Spock as Picard is set after he is sent back in time to the "Kelvin Timeline". 

Hap & Leonard - Two East Texas losers getinto various scrapes. Excellent.

Justified - Timothy Oliphant in US Marshal drdma set in Kentucky.

Carnival Row - Steampunk Fantasy with Orlando Bloom. Faeries and other species try to rub along with humans, with predictable issues.

The Man in the High Castle - One for the alternative history fans - I couldn't help but feel that they hadn't made the most of what is a solid gold premise.

Goliath - Billy Bob Thornton plays underdog lawyer against big bad corporations. Basically, I should have had you at "Billy Bob Thornton".

Bosch - Classy US cop show based on the Michael Connolly books.

If you fancy a laugh, there's loads of Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, The Middle, Life in Pieces, The Office (US Version), South Park (22 seasons!)..

There's loads of other little nuggets tucked away, as the search function on Prime Video is absolutely pish.

Oh, nearly forgot - try The Marvellous Mrs Maisel -1950's NY Jewish wife and mother makes a stab at stand-up comedy. Loads of wise cracks, and a real feel for the period. I absolutely loved it.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Hap & Leonard - Two East Texas losers getinto various scrapes. Excellent.

Justified - Timothy Oliphant in US Marshal drdma set in Kentucky.

Carnival Row - Steampunk Fantasy with Orlando Bloom. Faeries and other species try to rub along with humans, with predictable issues.

The Man in the High Castle - One for the alternative history fans - I couldn't help but feel that they hadn't made the most of what is a solid gold premise.

Goliath - Billy Bob Thornton plays underdog lawyer against big bad corporations. Basically, I should have had you at "Billy Bob Thornton".

Bosch - Classy US cop show based on the Michael Connolly books.

If you fancy a laugh, there's loads of Modern Family, Parks and Recreation, The Middle, Life in Pieces, The Office (US Version), South Park (22 seasons!)..

There's loads of other little nuggets tucked away, as the search function on Prime Video is absolutely pish.

Oh, nearly forgot - try The Marvellous Mrs Maisel -1950's NY Jewish wife and mother makes a stab at stand-up comedy. Loads of wise cracks, and a real feel for the period. I absolutely loved it.

Loved Justified- recently watched it all over again and it was just as great the 2nd time.

TMITHC-First series was good, think the problem after that is there was never a 2nd book, so like the final season of GoT, it never hit the same high standards going off on its own.

Goliath-Yep, Billy Bob is superb in this, loved every season.

Bosch-Agree again, loved it.

Would also recommend Sneaky Pete, Hell on Wheels, Banshee, Vikings, Lethal Weapon, and for an off the wall batshit crazy one, Preacher.