Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

On 14/09/2020 at 19:30, quickoverayard said:

Anyone watching the Spurs thing?? Used to think Jose was a bit of an arsehole but he’s actually growing on me!!!

I wonder if Mourinho would be quite as appealing to the masses if the cameras weren’t there? 

FWIW I quite liked arsehole-Mourinho anyway.

2 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

wife is watching this, everytime I go downstairs and its on, shes in floods of tears.... i went down to have lunch the other day and it was on and watched a bit of it, jesus, fairly heavy!

Halfway through the second series, and just finished the two big episodes. Going to have a break for a couple weeks, had me in pieces. 

12 minutes ago, Mr X said:
12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:
Seen some pretty ropey stuff on Prime lately - chiefly The Man in the High Castle - but The Night Manager is genuinely terrific.  Hugh Laurie is excellently cast in a malevolent role.  

The Man in the High Castle is "ropey"???

Absolutely.  Overly long, and the interesting storylines (John Smith, the Trade Minister, the inspector) are lost among the myriad cliched ones (Juliana, Joe, the jewel fraud).  And the lead guy’s acting is just one face for every emotion.  Great premise, too many storylines. 

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Absolutely.  Overly long, and the interesting storylines (John Smith, the Trade Minister, the inspector) are lost among the myriad cliched ones (Juliana, Joe, the jewel fraud).  And the lead guy’s acting is just one face for every emotion.  Great premise, too many storylines. 

Cheryl Cole Right GIF - CherylCole Right Ok - Discover & Share GIFs

I'm assuming that the Utopia that has just started is a remake of the c4 programme?  It would be nice (but probably too much to hope for) if Amazon could just pick up at the start of s3 with the old cast etc. 
Aye, it's a remake. Think it has been in the pipeline for a while.

I'd be happy with that. The C4 one was excellent and I was very surprised/disappointed that it got canned.

31 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Aye, it's a remake. Think it has been in the pipeline for a while.

I'd be happy with that. The C4 one was excellent and I was very surprised/disappointed that it got canned.

Aye, i was enjoying and thought it was popular. Maybe too expensive for quite a niche product. 

I won't hold it against the new one though.