Amazon Prime

Savage Henry

Made a rare foray into this part of the forums to start a thread about Goliath, here will do fine though. Really enjoying it, at the risk of sounding a bit wanky there are some amazing, natural performances in it. Loved Bad Santa, Billy Bob Thornton has almost reprised his role there but his character is a bit more switched on.

On an unrelated note, Altered Carbon on Netflix is absolute sex and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. Ruel Street, bring yer maw.

Also, Patriot on Amazon Prime is worth a bash. Found it a wee bit hard to get into at first, season 1 is a bit of a slog in the beginning with loads of stuff going on, loved season 2 though.

Also, Patriot on Amazon Prime is worth a bash. Found it a wee bit hard to get into at first, season 1 is a bit of a slog in the beginning with loads of stuff going on, loved season 2 though.

I’ve just been recommended this. I’m going to give it a try.

StarzPlay is 99p a month for three month through the prime app, some decent content and can't argue at that price. Arrow Video is good as well for a fiver a month, more weird films than anything else. Shudder are doing a 30 day free trial if you use the promo SHUTIN, think you have to sign up via their site and not prime.

Finished the second series of Lore at the weekend, don't like the new format nearly as much as the first one with the narrator but it had some good episodes, especially the Burke and Hare and the Hinterkaifeck episodes.  

I watched Blinded by the Light earlier which shows a young Pakistani boy growing up in Luton in the 1980s with lots of Springsteen music. It’s pretty good but reasonably similar to East is East.
I enjoyed it, particularly after the missed opportunity that was Yesterday. The Thunder Road sequence with Rob Bryden was top notch.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the first episode of 'This is Football'.

This one focuses on Rwanda and its emergence from the genocide through the lens of the 'Rwandan Reds', a Liverpool supporters club based in the country. Great insight into the personal stories of the losses people suffered in 1994, which can be easy to forget when the numbers are so vast.

Classic football bringing a divided community together but it's done really well. The fans they focus on are genuine and their stories are inspiring. Also, if you don't well up at the final shots of the episode then you have no heart.

A fine example of why football is the best sport in the world and makes me miss it even more. Very much looking forward to watching the other episodes. Highly recommended.

I binge watched Gallipoli over the weekend. It's an Australian mini series about the titular ww1 battle. I'm a bit of a history buff so I really enjoyed it.

I started on Beat last night, a subtitled German series about a drug addled nightclub promoter who gets roped into a murder investigation. The first episode was a bit silly. I may try one more before giving up on it.