Fife vs Stranraer Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Watched the highlights. Two stonewall penalties for handball. What a peach Waldo's goal straight from the corner is.

Based on the highlights we really could have had 6 or 7. The two goals we conceded were far far too easy though.

The first claim for a pen is never a pen. Ball comes over and hits robbos thigh. Flies up onto his hand complete accident. If that had been given as a pen I would have walked out. 2nd one not much better. Ball comes over Thomson misjudged flight of ball due to wind probably dropping it short of where he wanted boom lands on the flaming ball.. pen. Not much luck there. Then straight in fae corner. 

Never mind we got what we deserved heehaw.  Next...

The first claim for a pen is never a pen. Ball comes over and hits robbos thigh. Flies up onto his hand complete accident. If that had been given as a pen I would have walked out. 2nd one not much better. Ball comes over Thomson misjudged flight of ball due to wind probably dropping it short of where he wanted boom lands on the flaming ball.. pen. Not much luck there. Then straight in fae corner. 

So you’re saying it was Handball in the penalty area twice???
Therefore we should have had TWO penalties not just the one, thanks for clearing that up, I knew the ref was the only one in the ground that didn’t think it was handball for the first!!!

16 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

Yeah, up until this season your view would be entirely correct. And whilst I do kind of agree with it, at the higher levels the with the introduction of VAR the handball rule has sort of changed so that pretty much any contact between the ball/hand is now a foul. Both I think are penalties under this new (albeit pretty shite) rule. 

17 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

New rules say it doesn't matter if it's accidental or not.

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

New rules say it doesn't matter if it's accidental or not.

They do, however, say that penalties shouldn't be awarded if the ball deflects off a part of the player's body onto their hand. The referee was right to not award a penalty in this case (the Robertson one).

1 minute ago, David W said:

They do, however, say that penalties shouldn't be awarded if the ball deflects off a part of the player's body onto their hand. The referee was right to not award a penalty in this case (the Robertson one).

True. I'm not entirely clear on how the deflection and 'unnaturally bigger' rules play off against each other.

The referee got the first handball shout correct as it came off his body before hitting his hand. Second was unlucky on the Stranraer defender as he slipped, but technically a penalty.

I don't like the new rule. I'd rather they  had provided more guidance as to what constitutes intentional handball.

Edited by Angusfifer

Well done EF a convincing victory today , apparently I’m the only Stranraer fan on social media that can see how bad a shape we are in , it should be no surprise as we have gradually been getting poorer over the past few seasons , no question we are going down as two wins this season says it all . Also none of our signings can be classed as successful, some very poor decisions by the manager/club which is why we are heading to Div 2 , my genuine concern is that if the club don’t make changes then we will continue our downward spiral where we could end up out of senior football and the potential end of our wonderful club , I know I’ll be accused of being overly negative but the stats don’t lie ,17/18 season 5th : 18/19 season 8th and now 10th along with this all other stats show a terrible failing in every department. 

You’ve been overly negative for years - even when we were operating in the top half of the table...