Fife vs Stranraer Match Thread

And a fourth?

Nah!!!

FT

East Fife 4-2 Stranraer

But fair do’s, we were shitting it at the end, I can see how they’ve got the results they have in the last few weeks!!!

IMG_1120.jpg

The final score line bears no relation to the game.Stranraer should have scored early on but gave up too many chances to East Fife.At 4 -0 East Fife must have missed 4 or 5 great chances ,then proceeded to gift 2 goals in 30 seconds to Stranraer.Chris Higgins has been outstanding this season and had a good game today but the 2nd goal was ridiculous..Fear for Stranraer,they are just a bit short at both ends of the park. Can’t say they aren’t playing for the manager though.

Well done EF a convincing victory today , apparently I’m the only Stranraer fan on social media that can see how bad a shape we are in , it should be no surprise as we have gradually been getting poorer over the past few seasons , no question we are going down as two wins this season says it all . Also none of our signings can be classed as successful, some very poor decisions by the manager/club which is why we are heading to Div 2 , my genuine concern is that if the club don’t make changes then we will continue our downward spiral where we could end up out of senior football and the potential end of our wonderful club , I know I’ll be accused of being overly negative but the stats don’t lie ,17/18 season 5th : 18/19 season 8th and now 10th along with this all other stats show a terrible failing in every department. 

Edited by kvz2000

Were u at the game kv. Yes we are in a terrible position but with 3 points for a win it's never over till it's over. It's easy to be negative. I prefer to give the squad as much support as I can. All the best to young Jinky who got a nasty injury after falling awkwardly on the astro. Might be out for 6weeks. Yet another injury blow. We should have been 1up. Missed a gilt edge chance and were the better side. Then I thought and others thought stevo got pushed on halfway and the move forward might have been offside but hey 1nil. Then a very unfortunate pen. Ball in doesnt carry due to wind and thommo mistimes a header. Apparently accidental handball and the bampot ref gives a pen. Aggie scores. We concede a very easy 3rd for east fife and the confidence is gone. Arguing with teammates is rife. Then Wallace corner gets caught in wind and it flies in 4zip. We come into the game and perhaps could have nicked another after the 2 we got but the middle part of the game cost us when we were ragged.

This is not a time to give up. The club needs as much support as they can get whether they go down or not. Town doesnt really deserve a team. It as if some want relegation. Soon get a shock if were a non league team with even worse crowds #monblu 

Edited by Blue1870

A good win considering the 3 above us all won too but disappointed to concede 2 goals, we are shipping too many goals at the moment.

Opens up a bit of a gap over Montrose who now have to pick up points from their games in hand. Still very much in our own hands though.

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Well done EF a convincing victory today , apparently I’m the only Stranraer fan on social media that can see how bad a shape we are in , it should be no surprise as we have gradually been getting poorer over the past few seasons , no question we are going down as two wins this season says it all . Also none of our signings can be classed as successful, some very poor decisions by the manager/club which is why we are heading to Div 2 , my genuine concern is that if the club don’t make changes then we will continue our downward spiral where we could end up out of senior football and the potential end of our wonderful club , I know I’ll be accused of being overly negative but the stats don’t lie ,17/18 season 5th : 18/19 season 8th and now 10th along with this all other stats show a terrible failing in every department. 

Whaaaaaat ? You.. ?

How can that be ?

The stats though, don't lie.  

I've forgotten the number of unimpressive signings that have come and gone.

I consider bringing in Ryan Stevenson and Joao Vitoria to have been good moves. 

But, if you're shipping goals.........

Conversations should now be taking place about where to go from here, in terms of the manager.

Is he the right person for League 2, or is he the right person to continue should the club ( miraculously ) stay in League 1.  

Edited by beefybake

A good win considering the 3 above us all won too but disappointed to concede 2 goals, we are shipping too many goals at the moment.

Opens up a bit of a gap over Montrose who now have to pick up points from their games in hand. Still very much in our own hands though.

Thought Tonks was outstanding today/ keep him fit we can make the top 4.....

Crazy 78th minute aside, that was a very comfortable win and a really good performance. A big three points as well to put the gap with Montrose to 4 points.

That said, Stranraer were surprisingly poor. After their run of draws I was expecting a tougher game.

3 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

Were u at the game kv. Yes we are in a terrible position but with 3 points for a win it's never over till it's over. It's easy to be negative. I prefer to give the squad as much support as I can. All the best to young Jinky who got a nasty injury after falling awkwardly on the astro. Might be out for 6weeks. Yet another injury blow. We should have been 1up. Missed a gilt edge chance and were the better side. Then I thought and others thought stevo got pushed on halfway and the move forward might have been offside but hey 1nil. Then a very unfortunate pen. Ball in doesnt carry due to wind and thommo mistimes a header. Apparently accidental handball and the bampot ref gives a pen. Aggie scores. We concede a very easy 3rd for east fife and the confidence is gone. Arguing with teammates is rife. Then Wallace corner gets caught in wind and it flies in 4zip. We come into the game and perhaps could have nicked another after the 2 we got but the middle part of the game cost us when we were ragged.

This is not a time to give up. The club needs as much support as they can get whether they go down or not. Town doesnt really deserve a team. It as if some want relegation. Soon get a shock if were a non league team with even worse crowds #monblu 

Sorry but I just don’t get all the hard luck stories , and me commenting on social media will have no effect on the team or club , I do not have to be at every game to know how the team/club are performing, year after year we have been getting poorer ( fact ) and this is the poorest in many years , shocking actually when you consider 2 wins and 16 points doesn’t lie , I love the club and have supported for too many years but sticking your head in the sand will help no one , I have never criticised the manager in fact the opposite but I feel his record is not good and his signings have to be questioned .....  when we go down the job to put a decent team on the park will become even harder , our better players will leave so managers ability to bring decent players to the club will be even harder and that a worry . 

However if you arent at a game you wont know if we have been unlucky in a game will you. As I said we didnt deserve anything due to a bad period in the middle of the match. I have been very frustrated at several matches infact at clyde I left early which is unusual for me. Mind you I was oncall. 3nil down against 12men with 10 on park lol. Until its mathematically impossible then I will give the club full support. No point in changing the manager now. Whose going to come in now. The club have spoken to faz on numerous occasions about their plight. They will do so at the end of the campaign as well.

Crazy 78th minute aside, that was a very comfortable win and a really good performance. A big three points as well to put the gap with Montrose to 4 points.
That said, Stranraer were surprisingly poor. After their run of draws I was expecting a tougher game.

In dreadful weather conditions we played really well yesterday- particularly offensively. Morrison’s pace and energy gives defences trouble. Also thought Denholm puts in a lot of hard work - and Dowds led the line well.

Our only worry is the silly goals we let in- stop that we don’t get beat. Higgy( who i really like) needs to take a leaf out of Dunlops book( since he made his mistake a few weeks back -he takes no chances at the back now- if in doubt put it out!)

We need to keep winning ( or not losing) as others around us are playing well also

20 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

In dreadful weather conditions we played really well yesterday- particularly offensively. Morrison’s pace and energy gives defences trouble. Also thought Denholm puts in a lot of hard work - and Dowds led the line well.

Our only worry is the silly goals we let in- stop that we don’t get beat. Higgy( who i really like) needs to take a leaf out of Dunlops book( since he made his mistake a few weeks back -he takes no chances at the back now- if in doubt put it out!)

We need to keep winning ( or not losing) as others around us are playing well also

Agreed. I thought Denholm had a great game yesterday. Also think we could be a bit more cautious at the back even if that sacrifices our ability to play out from the back.

Agreed. I thought Denholm had a great game yesterday. Also think we could be a bit more cautious at the back even if that sacrifices our ability to play out from the back.
Especially when you have a force 6 at the back of you , just launch it! There's a time and place for the "silky soccer".

12 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

However if you arent at a game you wont know if we have been unlucky in a game will you. As I said we didnt deserve anything due to a bad period in the middle of the match. I have been very frustrated at several matches infact at clyde I left early which is unusual for me. Mind you I was oncall. 3nil down against 12men with 10 on park lol. Until its mathematically impossible then I will give the club full support. No point in changing the manager now. Whose going to come in now. The club have spoken to faz on numerous occasions about their plight. They will do so at the end of the campaign as well.

That’s all fine Blue1870 I too completely understand that it is still possible to escape the drop and hope we do and I have no issue with fans having that view ,  yet every time I post my concerns I get slated and on some occasions personally attacked because of my views , I know it’s a very small number of fans on here and elsewhere that are positive about our position as when at games I find almost everyone agreeing with me that things need to change .

the January transfer window when we desperately required a proven goal scorer was another failing , signing an over weight and unfit player and another that appeared unfit or injured is not the way forward and neither is resigning players that have been with us before none of which in my eyes are as good as they were previously , just my view and concerns for the direction we are heading ..... I just wish fans ( the few on social media ) could accept that blindly ignoring the situation might not be the best approach , I hope and pray that you can repost this when we go on a winning run and others above us stop gathering points ....

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

That’s all fine Blue1870 I too completely understand that it is still possible to escape the drop and hope we do and I have no issue with fans having that view ,  yet every time I post my concerns I get slated and on some occasions personally attacked because of my views , I know it’s a very small number of fans on here and elsewhere that are positive about our position as when at games I find almost everyone agreeing with me that things need to change .

the January transfer window when we desperately required a proven goal scorer was another failing , signing an over weight and unfit player and another that appeared unfit or injured is not the way forward and neither is resigning players that have been with us before none of which in my eyes are as good as they were previously , just my view and concerns for the direction we are heading ..... I just wish fans ( the few on social media ) could accept that blindly ignoring the situation might not be the best approach , I hope and pray that you can repost this when we go on a winning run and others above us stop gathering points ....

Ryan Stevenson has scored in 2 of the last 3 games.  General impression for me is that he also has brought very good positioning, and accurate passing, to the side.

Jaio Vitoria scored yesterday. 

In the circumstances, the position of the club, this stage of the season..., I hardly see a big queue of hot, freescoring, young, super fit, destined for Championship, or Premier futures.... players gasping at the doors of Stair Park, so maybe a bit of realism might be appropriate.

On the subject of personal attacks,  when the SFC Supporters group on Facebook got going, and the unofficial discussion forum died, I reckoned that the Facebook group would be mostly a cheerleading group, with little room for those not singing to the cheerleading tune....., and that's the way it has turned out.  That's Facebook, basically.

Edited by beefybake