Nations League - Part 2

Although I really wanted one of the home nations to ensure a full(ish) Hampden Park, I still think the draw is ok and nothing to be scared of.

I like the Nations League rather than friendlies, but against those nations and with only 1 game being an afternoon kick off at the weekend, the SFA really need to price this right, or we could be looking at 10-14,000 attendances again and nobody wants that.

12 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Israel (H) - Friday 4th September

Czech Republic (A) - Monday 7th September

Slovakia (H) - Thursday 8th October

Czech Republic (H) - Sunday 11th October

Slovakia (A) - Saturday 14th November

Israel (A) - Tuesday 17th November

It's a shame that the Czechoslovakian away games aren't consecutive.

12 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Israel (H) - Friday 4th September

Czech Republic (A) - Monday 7th September

Slovakia (H) - Thursday 8th October

Czech Republic (H) - Sunday 11th October

Slovakia (A) - Saturday 14th November

Israel (A) - Tuesday 17th November

This fucking annoys me, 1 Saturday game and it's away from home, decent if you are heading there for the game but not 1 home game on a Saturday, rubbish! Czech's away, Monday night game for an away trip, again, rubbish! 

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Although I really wanted one of the home nations to ensure a full(ish) Hampden Park, I still think the draw is ok and nothing to be scared of.

I like the Nations League rather than friendlies, but against those nations and with only 1 game being an afternoon kick off at the weekend, the SFA really need to price this right, or we could be looking at 10-14,000 attendances again and nobody wants that.

The lowest attendance of the last campaign (Nations League & Euros) was 17,455 against Albania.

The lowest attendance of the last campaign (Nations League & Euros) was 17,455 against Albania.

Very true, however a lot of the attendance boosts were down to free tickets which were given to grassroots football clubs. Nothing wrong with that, in fact there is a lot to be said in favour of it, however it shouldn’t be a way to boost numbers to get a respectable crowd, it should be used to add numbers to an all ready respectable crowd.

I think everyone would agree that for the last campaign (NL & Euros) ticket prices were too high and as a result attendances suffered.

20 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Very true, however a lot of the attendance boosts were down to free tickets which were given to grassroots football clubs. Nothing wrong with that, in fact there is a lot to be said in favour of it, however it shouldn’t be a way to boost numbers to get a respectable crowd, it should be used to add numbers to an all ready respectable crowd.

I think everyone would agree that for the last campaign (NL & Euros) ticket prices were too high and as a result attendances suffered.

Weren't the prices down for the last campaign, to the point where a lot of people were praising the SFA?  I mean, they're still expensive, but I'm pretty sure they had moved in the right direction.

I'd say attendances suffered more because we were utter fucking shite from the hours after we beat Albania in the first game of the Nations League (4-0 pumping of them in the return excepted).

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Weren't the prices down for the last campaign, to the point where a lot of people were praising the SFA?  I mean, they're still expensive, but I'm pretty sure they had moved in the right direction.

I'd say attendances suffered more because we were utter fucking shite from the hours after we beat Albania in the first game of the Nations League (4-0 pumping of them in the return excepted).

Prices were £27-£30 for the Euro qualifier campaign but they didn't categorise them this time so Russia and Belgium was the same price as Kazakhstan, Cyprus and San Marino.

Worked out £18-£21 a ticket if you bought the 5 match package which was decent value other than the fact it meant you'd paid £90-£105 for the 5 games and we were pretty much out before we'd played a home game. 

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Prices were £27-£30 for the Euro qualifier campaign but they didn't categorise them this time so Russia and Belgium was the same price as Kazakhstan, Cyprus and San Marino.

Worked out £18-£21 a ticket if you bought the 5 match package which was decent value other than the fact it meant you'd paid £90-£105 for the 5 games and we were pretty much out before we'd played a home game. 

You could only buy the 5 match packet if you paid the fifty quid for a membership on top, so in reality there was no discount. 

22 hours ago, GordonS said:

You could only buy the 5 match packet if you paid the fifty quid for a membership on top, so in reality there was no discount. 

The £50 membership gets you into U21 and Womens matches free (and younger age groups), and also 15% off Scotland shirts, and a discount on home tickets/ST's. For me the £50 is normally recouped over the 2 year period.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The £50 membership gets you into U21 and Womens matches free (and younger age groups), and also 15% off Scotland shirts, and a discount on home tickets/ST's. For me the £50 is normally recouped over the 2 year period.

That's fine if you're doing those things (and I do go to the Women's games). It's true though that the five match package wasn't available without buying the package, so you couldn't actually get in to the five matches for the price given alone.

I stopped buying the memberships about 10 years ago, 'veI never failed to get a ticket for a game that I wanted and it has never cost me more overall than buying it would have.

I think these days the membership is only really truly worth it if you're a SNT pervert and go to every available game, regardless of age group or gender, buy the kit each time and intend to travel to away games.  Unless we get markedly better, the interest just isn't going to be there to warrant having a guaranteed  home ticket.  

If we get to 2020, I expect the next membership period will become a lot busier.