2020 Scottish Cup Winners v Ross County

20 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:
2 hours ago, CountyFan said:
Where are you moving to? 

Partner has a job at Raigmore and myself at Stoneyfield Business Park so within commuting distance of both is where we will be looking. Our house is on the market now

May I be the first to suggest the Black Isle. Thank me later.

McLennan is dreadful, he can’t even dribble with the ball infront of him, never mind beat a man.

And yet was a very creative force last season and again last Sunday his cross leads to the goal. I agree with@DrewDon - he's both very good and hopeless at the same time. Essentially a young player magnified 10 times

Unfortunately, the referee got the most important decision correct. Campbell deservedly booked twice. On the other hand, he was absolutely abysmal and the linesmen were too. Some absolutely baffling decisions throughout the game which in no question, benefited County. 

Morris and Fontaine should never have stayed on the pitch. Committed foul after foul and in some cases a foul wasn't even given for let alone recieve a yellow card for it. 

The county full back who caught the ball after a bad pass at a throw in should have been booked. Deliberate handball.

A late studs up tackle on Taylor in the 55th minute, nothing given. McLennan too on the recieving end of rough treatment and nothing was ever given. 

Take nothing away from Billy McKay, two outstanding finishes.

The less said about us the better, losing all 4 league games at home this calendar year is more evidence that we need a change. A change which won't be made as the board are too scared to punt McInnes due to finances. We'll be stuck with him for next season and we will be a bottom six team, no doubt about it.

52 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Unfortunately, the referee got the most important decision correct. Campbell deservedly booked twice. On the other hand, he was absolutely abysmal and the linesmen were too. Some absolutely baffling decisions throughout the game which in no question, benefited County. 

Morris and Fontaine should never have stayed on the pitch. Committed foul after foul and in some cases a foul wasn't even given for let alone recieve a yellow card for it. 

The county full back who caught the ball after a bad pass at a throw in should have been booked. Deliberate handball.

A late studs up tackle on Taylor in the 55th minute, nothing given. McLennan too on the recieving end of rough treatment and nothing was ever given. 

Take nothing away from Billy McKay, two outstanding finishes.

The less said about us the better, losing all 4 league games at home this calendar year is more evidence that we need a change. A change which won't be made as the board are too scared to punt McInnes due to finances. We'll be stuck with him for next season and we will be a bottom six team, no doubt about it.

The recent form is really poor, and the Kilmarnock game could just as easily gone in their favour. It was a get out of jail moment for us.

We just don’t seem to know our best side 3/4 s the way into the season. Certainly the best midfield combination, it changes every week, and the best attacking line up. Kilmarnock as an example are the opposite. Once they ditched the mad Italian, they went back to what they knew under Clarke and we knew how they would set up before the game. Their 2 forwards compliment each other, ours don’t. Their midfield is settled and balanced, we have tried multiple combinations recently. Ojo and Mcgeouch look too similar, Bryson who knows what he does yet, Ferguson looks lost when we have 3 in the middle.

Who knows what will happen next week?

Having just watched it back on the Sportscene highlights - some quality pointing at McKay going on before both goals and nobody actually following the bugger. Great finishes though and dare I say reminiscent of the player from ICT days, who I recall putting us to the sword in one particular midweek match (along with Andrew Shinnie).

Strange they elected not to show McKenna’s rick backpass that required a double save from Lewis.

Overall though - think we were probably winning that until the red card, though do not say that with complete confidence as the players looked knackered in the final 20 when County were all over us.

9 hours ago, silver said:

Having just seen the highlights of the game I think its fair to say you wont see a better brace of goals scored by a striker in Scotland this weekend than those scored by Billy McKay-both were brilliant finishes.

They raved about the second goal, but I think the first header is magnificent.  Perfectly placed from a guy who is about 5 ft 9 tops.  What Considine/whomever Mckay has been passed on to  is playing at I don't know.