2020 Scottish Cup Winners v Ross County

Tactically we were hopeless with 10 men. Neither the players nor DM knew how to change when we lost Campbell and we made some dreadful substitutions. Having Cosgrove and Main on with 10 men was beyond mental and I know both McLennan and McGinn were quiet but they are better options than Kennedy and Hedges.

4 home defeats on the bounce and 8 wins in the last 23 games. I don't know where we go from here with the management team. We have a group of naive players who need strong tactical instruction which isn't DMs strong point. We did well in the cup but we are still in wretched form generally. We seem incapable of arresting this run either. I do realise we were up against after the red card but it's not a pretty picture just now.

However on a selfish note with an impending move to the Highlands for Mrs BucksburnDandy and I, that win today should seal two "home" games for me next season. So every cloud and all that.

Enjoy your night Staggies, you deserved the three points

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Tactically we were hopeless with 10 men. Neither the players nor DM knew how to change when we lost Campbell and we made some dreadful substitutions. Having Cosgrove and Main on with 10 men was beyond mental and I know both McLennan and McGinn were quiet but they are better options than Kennedy and Hedges.

4 home defeats on the bounce and 8 wins in the last 23 games. I don't know where we go from here with the management team. We have a group of naive players who need strong tactical instruction which isn't DMs strong point. We did well in the cup but we are still in wretched form generally. We seem incapable of arresting this run either. I do realise we were up against after the red card but it's not a pretty picture just now.

However on a selfish note with an impending move to the Highlands for Mrs BucksburnDandy and I, that win today should seal two "home" games for me next season. So every cloud and all that.

Where are you moving to? 

That's how I saw it, thought it was peak Vigurs, but maybe that was the beer goggles after 3hrs in Archie Simpsons.
Was raging that we weren't making more of the extra man, but all was well in the end.  2 great finishes by Billy and assists from Ricky Booooooo Foster and Cowie

Definitely a booking as he stuck his foot out from about two yards. Hope the young boy doesn’t get hung out to dry as your team with 10 and being 1 up should easily have coped with our lot. Well done again(second week running) to Ross Laidlaw for keeping us in the game

We should definitely have taken off Cosgrove for McGeouch whenever Campbell was sent off. Cosgrove putting in very little work just now, and you can’t have someone not giving their all when you’re down to 10 men for so long in a match.

39 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

bennet and romeo GTF county fans are more than capable of gloating (deservedly)
without you 2 mutants putting your tupence in,all we need now is MJC or whatever hes called to make it a triple bell end show**

*Tuppence
**Happy to oblige ;)

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If you think McLennan is better than Kennedy then you definitely weren’t at Kilmarnock and you also take drugs that are way too strong for you. 

Cosgrove was an absolute disgrace today. Falls over whenever a defender comes near him and must be as fresh at the end as before the warm up. 
I have seen unused subs expend more energy and tougher primary school kids. 
Based on recent evidence there’s more chance of Barcelona chapping my door than him getting a big move the English Championship or where ever he’s dreaming of.

If you think McLennan is better than Kennedy then you definitely weren’t at Kilmarnock and you also take drugs that are way too strong for you. 

I can safely say I was not at Kilmarnock but neither do I touch drugs. I've yet to see Kennedy in the flesh produce something

30 minutes ago, big al said:

Cosgrove was an absolute disgrace today. Falls over whenever a defender comes near him and must be as fresh at the end as before the warm up. 
I have seen unused subs expend more energy and tougher primary school kids. 
Based on recent evidence there’s more chance of Barcelona chapping my door than him getting a big move the English Championship or where ever he’s dreaming of.

He also changed the game for Aberdeen on Wednesday - if he doesn't come on they don't win that.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He also changed the game for Aberdeen on Wednesday - if he doesn't come on they don't win that.

Totally disagree.

Changing the midfield by removing the counter productive Bryson and Mcgeouch and going with Campbell and Ferguson and putting Mcginn on the right and Kennedy left while taking McLennan out who was having a mare were by far the main factors.

Cosgrove was ok when he came on but looked nothing like a player who bigger, richer clubs will be fighting over.

30 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:
48 minutes ago, big al said:

I can safely say I was not at Kilmarnock but neither do I touch drugs. I've yet to see Kennedy in the flesh produce something

McLennan is dreadful, he can’t even dribble with the ball infront of him, never mind beat a man.